Author Topic: Black Man Blasts Obama  (Read 2645 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Black Man Blasts Obama
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
Something tells me that if this man weren't black XO would label him a racist.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/04/29/black_chamber_of_commerce_president_blasts_marxist_brownshirt_obama.html

Today on The Laura Ingraham Show, Harry Alford, president and CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, blasted President Obama's anti-business administration in an explosive interview. Alford, a 2008 Obama supporter, labeled the administration "Marxist" and "fanatical." "They might as well put on the brown shirts and swastikas," he said.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Black Man Blasts Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
Without the now-monolithic black Democratic vote, the Democratic Party could not survive. So it recruits and retains black voters by calling white Republicans "racists", and by calling black Republicans "sellouts."  (or Uncle Toms)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »
Without the now-monolithic black Democratic vote, the Democratic Party could not survive. So it recruits and retains black voters by calling white Republicans "racists", and by calling black Republicans "sellouts."  (or Uncle Toms)

yeah they have turned it into an industry!

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
Meanwhile:

A Republican official, this time a member of the Orange County, Calif., GOP Central Committee, stands accused of ? racism!

Her crime?

She forwarded, to a circle of friends, an email depicting an image of a family of chimpanzees, with the superimposed face of President Barack Obama over the baby chimp's face. The caption read, "Now you know why no birth certificate." The national media soon picked up the story with the implicit "GOP-is-bigoted" story line.

That's sure to make the black folks feel welcome.  And even more welcome reading the chorus of "the other guys do it too" in forums like this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 08:28:50 PM »
Funny how the consistent criticism of this woman and her bad joke equates to the various conservative folk supposedly welcoming the joke.  1 bad joke, and THAT's supposedly the GOP in a nut shell.  Ignoring the mountain of bad taste, jokes, and outright up front racially motivated rhetoric from the left.  Somehow that's "welcomed" by black folks     ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
Funny how the consistent criticism of this woman and her bad joke equates to the various conservative folk supposedly welcoming the joke.  1 bad joke, and THAT's supposedly the GOP in a nut shell.  Ignoring the mountain of bad taste, jokes, and outright up front racially motivated rhetoric from the left.  Somehow that's "welcomed" by black folks     ::)

You don't have to steal multiple times to be considered a theif. Once will do.

The same should apply to racist behavior. 

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:55 PM »
Meanwhile:

A Republican official, this time a member of the Orange County, Calif., GOP Central Committee, stands accused of ? racism!

Her crime?

She forwarded, to a circle of friends, an email depicting an image of a family of chimpanzees, with the superimposed face of President Barack Obama over the baby chimp's face. The caption read, "Now you know why no birth certificate." The national media soon picked up the story with the implicit "GOP-is-bigoted" story line.

That's sure to make the black folks feel welcome.  And even more welcome reading the chorus of "the other guys do it too" in forums like this.

Oh well the Tea Party are racists too. Wear it like a badge of honor -- you probably aren't doing a good enough job if you aren't labeled a racist at least once.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:39 PM »
Oh well the Tea Party are racists too. Wear it like a badge of honor -- you probably aren't doing a good enough job if you aren't labeled a racist at least once.

Being labelled a racist and exhibiting racist behavior are not one and the same.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
BT can you explain to me how you arrive at (not others) that depicting a
black person as a chimp is racist and depicting a white man as a chimp is not?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »

You don't have to steal multiple times to be considered a theif. Once will do.

The same should apply to racist behavior.

WHEN you can demonstrate a pattern of racist behavior.  A bad joke, does not a racist make.  (Interesting how you're again trying to make the connection of a bad joke to robbery.)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 09:31:16 PM »

I think people that connect those dots are the racists. Let's be real here, the entire Obama Admin is run by monkeys with Obama being the head chimp, I mean chump.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

the thing about racism is theirs no one way to describe it, it has too many way to define it. my take is no matter that I wear glass and a pocket protector and openly watch glee I`ll always be seen as a chinese thug.

remember obama is a gadget geek and got sad when galactica ended. but today his image doesn`t reflect that.

people will always fall for the traditional stereo type

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »

Well there is porch monkey,  yard ape and monkey all used as racial slurs because of color and lower intelligence than humans. It's about supremacy of one race over others saying blacks are closer to the jungle than whites are.

It's about context.

Bush was depicted as a chimp because the dems thought him stupid. But they think that of anyone who isn't a dem.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »

Well there is porch monkey,  yard ape and monkey all used as racial slurs because of color and lower intelligence than humans. It's about supremacy of one race over others saying blacks are closer to the jungle than whites are.

It's about context.

Bush was depicted as a chimp because the dems thought him stupid. But they think that of anyone who isn't a dem.

This is so elementary school -- if Bush is a monkey because he's supposed to be stupid and Obama is a monkey because he's supposed to be closer to the jungle then in both cases monkeys have been insulted.

The UN recently gave animals rights, and now we have monkeys being soiled by both liberals and conservatives! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

http://animaliainternational.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/united-nations-declaration-on-animal-rights/

In January this year I started working in development cooperation and have since spent a lot of time reading documents on human rights. Most prominent of all of them is probably the United Nations Millennium Declaration (2000), which has become a milestone in humankind’s efforts to make this world a better place for all of us. It spells out eight Millennium development goals aiming to eliminate poverty and injustice in our world.

The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945 after the Second World War by 51 countries committed to maintaining international peace and security. Soon after its establishment, the UN adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948), a document that guarantees all human beings the same inherent rights. The document says that the recognition of human dignity of all people is the foundation of justice and peace in the world, that disregard and contept for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind and that the four freedoms: freedom of speech, belief, freedom from want, and freedom from fear, are the basis for our life on this planet. Throughout the years many other conventions and declarations have been adopted to spell out these principles in more detail. Among them are the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women (1979), the Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989), the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006) and the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (2007). All of them are great achievements!

Now, why am I writing about this? All along, while I am spending all this time reading about human rights, I cannot help but wonder what this means for animals. Will it ever be possible that something like a United Nations Declaration on Animal Rights will be adopted? It seems that humankind is very far from this. Animals are mostly ignored, tortured, abused, used, killed and forgotten in our time.   

There aren’t any UN documents that focus on animals. Some of the documents though focus on the environment, and environmental protection issues such as climate change. Along with these issues came the concern for forests. There is a United Nations Forum on Forests (UNFF, 2000), and so far, its most important result is the Non-Legally Binding Instrument on All Types of Forests (2007). The instrument is considered a milestone, as it is the first time member states have agreed to an international instrument for sustainable forest management. It is expected to have a major impact on international cooperation and national action to reduce deforestation, prevent forest degradation, promote sustainable livelihoods and reduce poverty for all forest-dependent peoples. My thought is, that this is not only good news for people, but also for animals – after all forests are home to many animals.

Still, the UN needs to address animal issues more directly. There is a great initiative by the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) called ANIMALS MATTER, that aims to achieve a committment to animal welfare in the form of a UN Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare (UDAW).  Achieving this would create the required pressure for governments to put in place firm laws and enforcement for animal welfare. Some countries’ governments, under pressure from the WSPA, have in fact already proclaimed their support for the initiative, for instance many Latin American countries, Canada and India. I don’t believe the Finnish government has ever even heard of the initiative. Maybe this is an issue Animalia could work on. You can support the initiative by signing your name to the growing list of supporters worldwide.

Of course I wish there was much more than that. In a perfect world, there would not only be an initiative on animal welfare (which is still a far way from declaring animal rights), but there would actually already be an established UN Declaration on Animal Rights (therefore the title of this post). I wonder whether this will ever be reality.