Author Topic: Jobs for Jihadists  (Read 2421 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jobs for Jihadists
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:52:02 PM »
Seriously.....I'm not making this up.  Our SoS, (I'm sure with the support of the WH), sent out a State Dept spokesperson to declare that we can't kill these "terrorists".  What we need to do is "give them jobs".  Yea, the ones beheading, and burning, and mass killing, wouldn't be doing any of this, if they just had a job.  Never mind all those who LEFT their jobs to wage Jihad on the infidels.  Never mind the many leaders, of various incarnations of these Islamic terrorist organizations actually have had engineering degrees, masters degrees, and Doctorate degrees.  Never mind that many of these terrorists came from influential families, with plenty of " financial perks". 

No, our Community Organizer and Chief, thinks he's still a bloody community organizer.  No wonder he can't call this, what it is, a war by Radical Islamists.  It's just "violent extremists", which can mean......anything anyone wants that to mean.  And the key to defeating them is.....to "invest" in more jobs.  Guess who's money that means?   >:(    And no, this isn't a bad SNL skit.  This is what this adminstration is trying to pull
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Jobs for Jihadists
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 07:46:15 PM »
Joining ISIS is for many, an act of desperation, so it makes sense to enable these people to get jobs. Do you know of anyone who quit a job to join?  I have not heard of everyone that had a decent job that did this.

You seem to think that they did this because they were born evil and the best thing to do is to track them down and kill them before they get to Syria. That is a defective perception.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 07:57:21 PM »
The desperation is not about poverty or lack of a job....its the severe lack civil liberties & freedom.  There are countless references to terrorists we have captured or killed that indeed were gainfully employed.  Many examples of terrorist leaders with many types of educational degrees

And no, I d NOT think they were born evil, Professor Arguing-a-point-I-never-made.  Anyone who has decided to join their cause to kill, burn, and behead are the ones we track down, and kill before they get anywhere.  The defective perception here is the above noted effort of trying to accuse me of someting I never said, implied, or even think/believe
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:44:18 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »
Well, since you said that what Obama said was all wrong,  one can only assume that you have another, far more clever correct plan.

The choices are to do something so potential enlistees will not feel desperate, do nothing at all, and just wait and try to catch them before they leave the country.

Every indication is that when someone with an Arabic or other probable Muslim name tries to buys a ticket for Turkey, Lebanon or perhaps Greece,  they do indeed make inquiries about his goals. That is what I hear they are doing, and today I heard how they had detained a Somali guy trying to fly to Istanbul, so I think that is evidence that they are actively trying to prevent Muslim Americans from enlisting. They do track passports and airline tickets and have tons of information about this.

If you have a better plan, then you could indicate what it might be. Otherwise I can only speculate.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »
   This is so goofy and unrelated to reality.

The 9-11 hijackers were not poor boys.
     The guys that are buying plane tickets from here to there are not broke.

If there were more prosperity in the Islamic world , and nothing else different, there would just be more of them in IS and they would have more guns.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 12:51:50 AM »
Well, since you said that what Obama said was all wrong,  one can only assume that you have another, far more clever correct plan.

Already have, and it has nothing to do with "clever", merely dealing with reality.  It can be found in the Radical Islamic Elephant thread

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 01:46:42 AM »
Dash is ideologically not at all like the 9-11 pilots. And they are not here, they are in Syria and Iraq. Obama was speaking about non-Arab recruits, and they are not like the 9-11 types ethnically, ideologically or  int terms of their monetary assets.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 02:45:14 AM »
Actually, they are.  And AlQeada wasn't here either....until they were.  They, as in DASH, AlQeada, Boko, ISIS, etc., etc., etc., are all functioning under the same ideological zealotry of Radical Islam.....period

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 06:21:30 PM »
DASH, AlQeada, Boko, ISIS, etc., etc., etc., are all functioning under the same ideological zealotry of Radical Islam.....period

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 02:23:54 AM »

If there were more prosperity in the Islamic world , and nothing else different, there would just be more of them in IS and they would have more guns.

this I have some doubts about . remember the Islamic world 40 years ago was quite different, meaning the poverty we see today is culturally voluntary. taliban after 9-11 rather bomb the budha statue than trade it for food/money for it`s people and was outraged they didn`t get free money to built a place to hang people.

don`t get me wrong I do blame poverty as a factor for this behavior but it`s a lot more complicated than that. I would say giving jobs would help stop SOME people but likely aggrevate the more devote people into more violent actions. remember we also grew food over there and brought medicines and those got attacked also.

this is more of a damned if we do and damned if we don`t

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 03:17:26 AM »