Author Topic: Blood on his hands  (Read 13212 times)

BSB

Re: Blood on his hands
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »
Confusion, thy name is MichaelTee.

richpo64

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2008, 06:41:48 PM »
>>Well, I DID try.  No one can take that away from me.<<

Nobody here is taking it away from you. We're Americans. We believe in free speech. Which is why I can tell you you're full of shit.

Cynthia

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »
>>Ignore Chomsky and Marx at your peril.<<

I haven't ignored them. I've read them, and dismissed them. Chomsky in particular. An old crank with mother issues. Marx has been proven wrong in real time.  Even countries still following at least some of Marx's philosophy, are moving toward capitalism. China is the prime example.  Those countries that are still communist can't even feed their own people and they attempt escape whenever the opportunity presents itself.

So yes, ignore Chomsky and Marx. The only people left who really believe their drivel are pimply faced college freshmen without dates for the dance.

On this we agree.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »
Well, it's been hilarious, guys.  Time to close off this train of thought and move on to something else.  I can see we're getting nowhere, but it was kind of entertaining.  If I learned anything it's that ignorance comes in many forms.  Thanks.

richpo64

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
>>On this we agree.<<

See there!

Cynthia

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
>>On this we agree.<<

See there!

"So yes, ignore Chomsky and Marx. The only people left who really believe their drivel are pimply faced college freshmen without dates for the dance."

Basically, this is a true statement, Richpo. So, we see some light together.....but we might not always go to such a place. ;)

It's interesting, on this board one can totally agree one minute and want to puke the next....LOL

Not about YOu....not sayin' that.

But, hey.....I have said that....oops...
anyway....I like the freedom to bitch, concur, and bitch again.

I am on VACATION NOW..FOR TWO LONG BEAUTIFUL WEEKS. Will miss my kiddos, though, but Lord, I need a break.

This NCLB act is killing us all.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:01:23 PM by Cindy »

richpo64

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2008, 11:07:53 PM »
>>This NCLB act is killing us all.<<

It wasn't killing the kids back in Ohio. In fact, all the schools in the county were rated excellent. I'm not one to trash ALL public schools, some of them are very good. Unfortunately not here in Jacksonville. We send our daughter to a Catholic high school.

Cynthia

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
>>This NCLB act is killing us all.<<

It wasn't killing the kids back in Ohio. In fact, all the schools in the county were rated excellent. I'm not one to trash ALL public schools, some of them are very good. Unfortunately not here in Jacksonville. We send our daughter to a Catholic high school.

Well, I can't go there anymore here...as Ami would find fault, but I do have to wonder why the nation's schools have yet to improve with such a FABULOUS act to get the job done.

No one wants to listen to this issue...so I withdraw my points.

But, we are not a nation of if it works for me ...by damn it should work for YOU....I walk the talk every day....have done so for 33 years.

Still have to say that since the TIMING of the Nicklebee...NCLB act, kids are receiving less and less in the arts, drama, music and cultural richness.

Too much more on this one to sound/type bite it here, Richpo..

Hot tamale? LOL YEah.

Later....

Cynthia

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2008, 01:39:59 AM »
>>Cindy, I write things as I see them..<<

>>One final word - - nothing I write here is original - -<<

Yeh, you're a real genius.

LOL....Richpo is a work in progress, Dave....'tis true.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
Well, I can't go there anymore here...as Ami would find fault, but I do have to wonder why the nation's schools have yet to improve with such a FABULOUS act to get the job done.

I only find fault with those who blame the act for all the ills in the school system and fail to blame their state and local school administration.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2008, 10:47:12 AM »
I haven't ignored them. I've read them, and dismissed them. Chomsky in particular. An old crank with mother issues. Marx has been proven wrong in real time.

You simply are not capable of understanding Chomsky.

As for Marx, all you "know" is rightwing radio drivel that  you regurgitate all the time.

Marx was wrong about many facts of political administration.

He was dead right about capitalism, and that is easily proven by the clothes on your back, the shoes on your feet and every Nissan, Hyundai, Honda and Toyota you see on every street: Capitalism will seek out ever cheaper locations of production, no matter what it does to the local industry or economy.

Its' not that clothes and shoes cannot be made in the USA and sold profitably. They can. But the capitalist will make the Nike for $10 in China rather than for $20 here to sell for $100, because 90% profit is better than 80%.

You have never read Marx, or understood a thing about economic theory. You are a parrot, and not to be taken seriously.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »

I only find fault with those who blame the act for all the ills in the school system and fail to blame their state and local school administration.

WEll, tis true that the act itself does not state specifically how the States should punish, or which programs districts should implement, etc ------but I still believe the NCLB act to be partially responsible for the worst spin out we have ever seen as educators. Many successful schools and districts have been negatively affected. They were doing just fine .....more than just fine--- before the NCLB act came to the hill.

It's the students who have been negatively affected overall, but people don't care to hear that. They want to rest on the fact that the NCLB act did nothing wrong. So there.... ::) ....

The ACT "acts like" a president who calls a war against another nation without a real plan to support said war,and without adequate support for the troops.

richpo64

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
>>LOL....Richpo is a work in progress, Dave....'tis true.<<

This is the sort of thing that gets you in trouble.

richpo64

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »
>>You simply are not capable of understanding Chomsky.<<

That's probably true. You would have to have the same self loathing and mother issues as he does in order to make heads or tails out of such drivel. Which is why you  have such intricate knowledge of all things Chomsky. Looks like mommy didn't hug you enough either.

Then there's Marx. Once again, you have the same class envy as he. Both of you will end up on the trash heap of history where you belong. People will remember Marx. Nobody will remember you.

Cynthia

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
>>LOL....Richpo is a work in progress, Dave....'tis true.<<

This is the sort of thing that gets you in trouble.

LOL, I thought that was a compliment. You do have a side to you, dear that can make folks cringe, but hey....you are improving there, aren't you?