Author Topic: Abramoff  (Read 1884 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Abramoff
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:03:48 AM »
Some 220 lawmakers received at least $1.7 million in political donations from Abramoff, his associates and nine tribal clients between 2001 and 2004, according to a review of Federal Election Commission and Internal Revenue Service records. Of those, 201 are still in Congress. Republicans received $1.1 million, or 64 percent of the total.

http://www.offthekuff.com/mt/archives/006620.html

Whew, that is a lot.

Abramoff is still alive?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Abramoff
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:15:18 AM »
He's in prison.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 04:21:06 AM »
He's in prison.

With nearly half of the national legislature threatened by his testimony , from both partys , he is safe in prison?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 04:21:58 AM »
Drain the swamp, huh?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 04:30:55 AM »
He's in prison.

With nearly half of the national legislature threatened by his testimony , from both partys , he is safe in prison?

I don't think nearly half of the Congress are threatened by his testimony.  There are more investigations,  but not everyone he donated to actually committed crimes like Bob Ney did. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 09:35:36 AM »
Of those, 201 are still in Congress. Republicans received $1.1 million, or 64 percent of the total.

[][][][][][][][]

I would guess that Democrats , haveing lost fewer seats in the recent election , might now represent most of the Abrimoff clientelle.

But whether Democatic or Republican , I would hate to have half of the worlds most powerfull men afraid of what I might snitch , especiallilly if I had the more corrupt half so worried.

Mucho

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »
He's in prison.

Individual congressmen dont have as much power as your murderous Pres does. He and his soulmate Putin have certainly murdered many enemies. Alexander Litvinenko and Saddam Hussein being only the most recent & famous. And not even to mention countless Chechneyans and Iraqis.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 03:28:58 AM »
He's in prison.

Individual congressmen dont have as much power as your murderous Pres does. He and his soulmate Putin have certainly murdered many enemies. Alexander Litvinenko and Saddam Hussein being only the most recent & famous. And not even to mention countless Chechneyans and Iraqis.

Individual congressmen?

220 Congressmen of both partys is a very strong caucus .