Author Topic: Someday this OUTRAGE will end! - How can anyone not be OUTRAGED?  (Read 7519 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Someday this OUTRAGE will end! - How can anyone not be OUTRAGED?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »
Obviously a political party, particularly the current Republican party, is made up largely of like minded people when it comes to their agenda. Asians are made up a vast group of people many of whom may share no agenda at all. So clearly to say that kramer is representative, political agenda wise, of the republicans is very different than saying kimba is representative o Asians.

Only a conservative would make that mistake. 

BSB

Right , that is why there is a divide between the pro-immigration reform Republicans and the Anti-Amnesty Republicans. That is why there is a divide between the Pro Gun law reform Republicans and the anti-gun control Republicans. That is why there is a divide between fiscal conservative Republicans and Social Conservative Republicans. You know, because they are all the same, they all look alike and all act alike. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »
 Not sure about the question sirs

Personally the goal of treat everybody equally is not exclude due to qualities not involved with the requirements of the job.

Ex. A dude is simply unqualified to be a waitress in hooters. Scream all you want but i stand by my statement. Despite i would never waste my money there. Those wings don't taste right to me. And even go as far as spend my money at stripjoints to avoid those wings. Yeah thats the ticket.

I forgot want i was saying

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »
School quotas have been used in the past to reduce the number of Jews in particular schools, to ensure the presence of proprtional representation and presently also to prevent an overrepresentation of Chineese , Japaneese and Korean students.  It isn't Asian, there isn't an excess of Mongolians , Turks and Indoneasians, it is the communitys of Asians we have that are culturally successfull in school.

I do not like quota systems , they necessacerily enforce unfairness, even if only at the margins, ther will be some deserving that are denyed and some that take advantage of unfair advantages.

If the communitys and cultureal mores that result in good performance in school and at work cannot be fairly rewarded without skewing the greater society , perhaps we should think about the benefits of allowing trhe greater society to be skewed ?

If all transcripts and applications were evaluated with the name and picture covered , with all racial indicators hidden , would the colledges of California suffer the ill effect of becoming Chinatowns? Is that effect really ill?

I think that the other students could still get in if they knew that work and only work made a diffrence , maybe they would do that work.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »

I tried to make it simple.  If the goal is to treat EVERYONE equally, does that not require a need to remove the idea that political parties should be pandering to one group over another??  I don't see DC getting involved who's hired on Hooters, though I'm sure there are some congress critters that would frequent the establishment.  That really should be up to Hooters.  No, the question is pretty straight forward.....why should the GOP attempt to pander to any group, if the goal is to treat everyone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character??

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »
Lets have a morality police force. They can go around telling private citizens what they can and can't do with their own lives. "You can go to college, you can't." "You can have an abortion, you can't." "You're an American, you aren't." "You're right, you're wrong."

I wonder how far the average IQ of Republicans has fallen over the past half century? Fifteen, twenty points? Nothing reflects that fall more than their stance on social issues. I doubt that it's just a coincidence that over the same half century that same Republican party became more southern and therefor more religiously conservative. Religious conservatism isn't just a middle eastern phenomenon. We have it also. And it holds us back just as it holds the Islamic world back.

BSB   

Would such a morality police stop hired killing of adults also?

The Judge in the Gosline case threw out some of the charges , because there was no scientific proof  that some of those babys were alive when he severed their spines.

I do not understand the Judge here , if the Dr severed their spines , does that not indicate that the Dr thought that they might be alive?

As a Doctor , he was scientificly qualified to know the diffrence , and he without arguement did sever the spine of these children on the table . That isn't counted as proof?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »

I tried to make it simple.  If the goal is to treat EVERYONE equally, does that not require a need to remove the idea that political parties should be pandering to one group over another??  I don't see DC getting involved who's hired on Hooters, though I'm sure there are some congress critters that would frequent the establishment.  That really should be up to Hooters.  No, the question is pretty straight forward.....why should the GOP attempt to pander to any group, if the goal is to treat everyone not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character??

You don't believe in voting blocks?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 09:30:23 PM »
Do I believe they exist?  Yes.

Do I think the government should be treating 1 block better than another, rewarding one at the expense of another?  No
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 09:50:04 PM »
Do I believe they exist?  Yes.

Do I think the government should be treating 1 block better than another, rewarding one at the expense of another?  No

It might not be ideal and it might not be fair, but voting blocks do work.

How would causes be advanced in a society of individuals?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »
How would causes be advanced in a society of individuals?

They would be done so with respect to individual freedom and the goal of treating everyone by the content of their character

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 01:30:20 AM »
Ok
Got it
Not pander but at least show a better presence. I understand asian as a politcal presense is pretty non-issue but it still means losing points. Its pretty easy to get votes . Say a few things against atrocities done to relatives but make no actions and your done.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »
A really good example of the point, I was making:

Bill Richardson 'I'm Not a Fan' of Sen Ted Cruz

Sen. Cruz' father was Cuban and immigrated to the United States during the Cuban Revolution. Cruz was the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas history, yet Bill Richardson (D.-N.M.), on an interview with This Week with ABC News, said that he doesn't think Sen. Cruz "should be defined as a Hispanic."  So it's ok for Democrats to campaign on being part of a group, but a Republican with just as much immigrant status, if not more, shouldn't be.  Meaning, their efforts to placate groups are just fine.

Notice its not a Republican that is defining them self as part of a group, as in support me, vote for me, because I'm part of it.  In this case, a Democrat is trying to remove it even, which I applaud on the larger point I'm making, but highlights precisely the group think mentality that one particular party embraces

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »
I guess the meaning of Hispanic needs to be addressed.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
Cruz is obviously a 'bagger first and a Hispanic second. He is pretty much Hispanic in the same sense that "Uncle" Clarence Thomas is a Black man. 

Richardson is better qualified than any of you are to make this call.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."