Author Topic: Tienanmien Square in Egypt?  (Read 422 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tienanmien Square in Egypt?
« on: February 04, 2011, 03:24:29 AM »
Not yet , I am only speculating, but I see a pattern.

The protesters are very appealing to the population and the army is reluctant to fire on them, but their demands are stronger than the government can give and survive , there is no central figure to negotiate with , the protests will continue untill the government lashes out.

Teinanmien Square broke my heart , I would be very pleased to be totally wrong, but how can the Egyption government give only half and survive? Who would accept the half?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Tienanmien Square in Egypt?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 03:38:58 AM »
I speculate that the level of violence will be in direct proportional relation to the length of time that Mubarak remains in office. Because until he is gone the oppressors and the opportunist will have the advantage on the streets.

And as a thought exercise, if the Egyptian Uprising were a movie what role would the tea party play? How about the Obama-ists.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 03:45:10 AM »
http://www.sondrak.com/index.php/weblog/once_upon_a_time11/

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/02/201121191413252982.html

I think a month ago would have been a great time for Mubaric to announce his retirement, if he had given half the concessions he needs to give now he would have left office heroicly.

Now he will leave as a goat whether he gives large concessions or whether he suppresses protest severely , he missed his cue.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:50:05 AM »
I speculate that the level of violence will be in direct proportional relation to the length of time that Mubarak remains in office. Because until he is gone the oppressors and the opportunist will have the advantage on the streets.

And as a thought exercise, if the Egyptian Uprising were a movie what role would the tea party play? How about the Obama-ists.

We are all wringing our hands on the sidelines. Whoever wins we will have to deal with.

If Mubaric wins, we will find him angered that we didn't support him more in his needfull hour , if almost anyone elese, we will find them angered that we were helpfull to Mubaric for about Thirty years.

Either way Hillary Clinton will be carrying gifts to Egypt soon.