Author Topic: Hallelujah !! Stem cells you can get without killing anyone!  (Read 4659 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hallelujah !! Stem cells you can get without killing anyone!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
If your name was "No One " I could break your arm and No One would be hurt.

Clever, but doesn't even come close to proving that anyone has ever been killed in a process that gathers stem cells.

Some one just like you or I  was killed each time.

You may simply declare that this sort of human life does not constitute a human being in another iteration of my opinion against yours which is endless.

But I feel as if I am fighting the good fight, defending the right of a human being to have worth and dignity no matter that the person is without name or property .

I feel that you have taken the position of Chief Justice Roger B. Taney who declared that Dred Scott was not human enough to have rights as a citizen.

I am agaqinst the idea that there is a line drawn across humanity and that all on the other side of the line are worthless.

You were at one time entirely made of stem cells and If I had taken them I would have been killing YOU!

But you , were no one.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 02:20:43 PM »

Clever, but doesn't even come close to proving that anyone has ever been killed in a process that gathers stem cells.

But accurate.

Gathering stem cells kills embryos. There are people who consider embryos to be human, and other people who consider embryos to not be human. If you're of the former group, then it's obvious that people have been killed gathering stem cells, if you're of the latter group, then it's obvious not.

Does this have to be subjective?

What is a human being in Objective terms?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »

Except of course "anyone" currently residing in the embryo
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 02:24:57 PM »

Feel free to come up with an objective definition of human that can be accepted by everyone.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 02:32:11 PM »

Feel free to come up with an objective definition of human that can be accepted by everyone.

The Supreme court has been failing this particular since our founding, Congress and the Executive too.

Further challenges face us in the future , when animals with gene spliced improvements are talking to us , when AI starts to argue with us.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »
Gathering stem cells kills embryos. .

Well, then by that statement then menstruation kills embryos at times.  The embryos that have had stem cells gathered from then have been on their way to the trash bin from what I understand and so they would have been destroyed anyway.  So, what difference does it make if they go by the stem cell gathering table on their way to destruction?

And shall we check every woman each month to make sure that no embryos are being naturally aborted or is that ok in god's eyes?

The point is that no one has ever been killed by the gathering of embryotic stem cells.