Author Topic: Bobby Jindal  (Read 1529 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bobby Jindal
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 09:45:12 PM »
Science is one thing, and finding proof is easy, because experiments can be made that yield clear factual results.

Attitudes on race are often veiled and concealed. Many people say one thing because it is socially unacceptable to express what they actually feel.

Feelings are not always rational, experiments are therefore difficult, inconclusive or both, as there are too many variables. The social sciences are less subject to scientific study.

I think that Mythbusters has been cancelled. I do not have access to all of the programs on Netflix.

The concept of the program is a good one, but they did get too silly upon occasion.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 10:38:44 PM »
  Attitudes on race and myths thereof can be investigated with scientific methods.

But can you make a lighthearted and fun TV show of it?

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »
I would hope so. In any case, censoring such a show should not be attempted.

The most entertaining part of the Mythbusters is when they blow stuff up. This is hard to do with regard to the social sciences.

One myth is that Black people have a natural sense of rhythm. I have not found this to be the case.
Another is that they cannot be prima ballerinas, because they do not bend in the same way as White people. This is true to some degree of some Black people, but oif course, not many African Americans are entirely African. I think that Louis Gates' DNA indicated that his genes were less than 50% African.

There have been several very good prima ballerinas that  are regarded as Blacks and regard themselves in as Black as well.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."