Author Topic: Cruising While Republican  (Read 7386 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cruising While Republican
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 03:23:21 PM »
. And certain segments of society believe the gates of hell should open up and swallow this man whole.

And i just don't understand the mean spirited glee behind it nor the shallow justification for it.

=====================================================================
And I ask you, Have you not seen "Revenge of the Nerds?"  Din you not laugh when Dean Wormser was again defeated?

Or perhaps have you seen "Animal House?"  Did you not find it amusing when Dean Wormer and Fratboy Doug Niedermeyer were made to look like idiots when Bluto carried out his plan for revenge?

That is why there is such glee over the Minnesota flirtings of Senator Craig. He is Dean Wormer/Wormser incarnate, as are a vast number of  Republican bigwigs.

As for Craig "believing" that marriage should be between a man and a woman, come off it awready. He simply says crap like that to satisfy his ratwing troglodyte electorate.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »
As for Craig "believing" that marriage should be between a man and a woman, come off it awready. He simply says crap like that to satisfy his ratwing troglodyte electorate.

Is that the way it works. Politicians will say anything to get elected?

Is that just with the GOP or is it symptomatic of the entire body politic?

Is Edwards populist schtick for real?

Did Clinton "really" feel your pain?

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »
Perhaps I missed it, but has Craig admitted he actually did this or is this just all conjecture and accusation at this point?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »
<<We raised our children by OUR values and made it clear to them that if they did not accdept them, they could live their own values elsewhere and they would continue to adhere to OUR values not until they were 18, but until we no longer had to write checks for them.>>

After raising three fine kids (with a little help from my wife)  I have come to the conclusion that luck and genetics have about as much to do with the final result as parenting skill or lack thereof.  For whatever contribution parenting skill did make to the outcome, I'm prepared to give my wife 90% of the credit.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
<<n the meantime, i find it quite amusing watching you guys try to spin this not being about sex. Even if the sex never occurred.>>

Never occurred because one of the two parties was an undercover cop.  I guess if the German police arrest guys for plotting terrorist attacks, it couldn't have been "about" terrorism if the terrorism never occurred.

What's REALLY amusing is watching you guys trying to spin this INTO being all about sex, when (a) the liberals are much more tolerant of gays and gay rights than the conservatives and (b) it's so obviously about the hypocrisy of it all.  The part where you have to deny the gay-bashing aspects of the Constitutional amendment is particularly hilarious.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2007, 03:55:13 PM »
Perhaps I missed it, but has Craig admitted he actually did this or is this just all conjecture and accusation at this point?

==================================================
He pled guilty. Make of that what you will, but he pled guilty.

Despite the statement that he likes to take a wide stance while he dumps, he still pled guilty.

He probably thought that this would be like a traffic ticket, but it his the press and got the bowels of such geniuses as Mitt Romney all in an uproar, and now it's the GOP that wants to replace him right away, so as not to lose his seat to a Democrat.

I am all for him staying in and facing the people of Idaho. Perhaps they would surprise us.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2007, 04:02:32 PM »

To a charge of "disorderly conduct." Not to a sex related charge.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 05:04:59 PM »
<<We raised our children by OUR values and made it clear to them that if they did not accdept them, they could live their own values elsewhere and they would continue to adhere to OUR values not until they were 18, but until we no longer had to write checks for them.>>

After raising three fine kids (with a little help from my wife)  I have come to the conclusion that luck and genetics have about as much to do with the final result as parenting skill or lack thereof.  For whatever contribution parenting skill did make to the outcome, I'm prepared to give my wife 90% of the credit.
Smart man! I also admit that my wife works harder than anyone I know, including me!

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 05:06:29 PM »

So, the waters are indeed still muddied...

Mr_Perceptive

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2007, 05:12:33 PM »
“The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.” —James Madison

Is this legal in some states and not in others?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 10:11:04 AM by Mr_Perceptive »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2007, 07:18:41 PM »
What's REALLY amusing is watching you guys trying to spin this INTO being all about sex, when (a) the liberals are much more tolerant of gays and gay rights than the conservatives and

And yet the airport authority of Minneapolis (dem mayor) feels the needs to run stings in airport restrooms.

yellow_crane

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2007, 08:29:04 PM »

Actually, it was in the same legal category as "disorderly conduct," which in the canons is listed as "Conduct:  individual stance including wide and various misdeeds," whereas his charge was listed under "Stalling:  very wide stance, wildly misdeedy."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2007, 08:45:33 PM »
Actually, it was in the same legal category as "disorderly conduct," which in the canons is listed as "Conduct:  individual stance including wide and various misdeeds," whereas his charge was listed under "Stalling:  very wide stance, wildly misdeedy."

Yeah, that one wasn't so funny.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)