Author Topic: Im still not convince im safe police are safe to be around  (Read 2127 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Im still not convince im safe police are safe to be around
« on: June 21, 2015, 05:27:58 AM »
Its standard to be handcuffed? If that happened to me i would not resist but will likely resign to my fate.

You cant exactly say people have not been harmed while cuffed

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-man-with-towel-on-arm-shot-in-head-by-lapd-20150620-story.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Im still not convince im safe police are safe to be around
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:52:19 AM »
And I doubt anyone here is trying to convince you either way Kimba.  That's a decision you have to make for yourself.  Personally, I have no problem being around Police

To answer your question, yes, if an officer has some serious questions as to what's transpiring around him, he's perfectly within his legal authority to detain anyone he suspects of something.  That can include handcuffs
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 06:04:31 AM »
the problem is I look as safe as Treyvon martin so an officer 1st response maybe to shoot me for coughing. I stated I have common Asian criminial features.

it`s a mixed blessing since I`ve never been mugged also

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 06:12:09 AM »
Considering I have serious doubts any officer would shoot anyone for coughing, as I said, that's only a decision you can make for yourself
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »
the problem is I look as safe as Treyvon martin so an officer 1st response maybe to shoot me for coughing. I stated I have common Asian criminial features.

it`s a mixed blessing since I`ve never been mugged also

Are you heavyset?

Big guys get attacked less .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/new-orleans-police-officer-killed-while-transporting-suspect/ar-AAbTs1c

Apparently this handcuffed prisoner attacked a policeman in his car.

Some police departments require any prisoner being transported to be handcuffed , leaving nothing to the judgment of the officer.

In spite of precautions this officer is dead.

We may never know how the safety measures were defeated.

By the way this policeman was a black man, I suppose the disadvantages are stacked.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 03:12:08 PM »
I am heavy set and plan not to attack anyone but still it doesn't look particularly safe for me .  The cough part is about police given soo much leeway that me coughing will be called self defense. It is a sudden movement.

I note you are safe from police but then your not threatening looking. The majority of asian portrayal are crimininals. So my image will never be considered benign. I once talked about when i walked through a parking lot and a man would freaked by the sight of me and a friend laughed at me and said now you know what it like to be black. Not my only incident so you can see how i cant really expect to be safe as you around the police.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »
  A lot depends on the individual policeman, his personality and perception.

I guess I do not look especially frightening, but I had a policeman pick my pocket before , he deftly snatched my pocketknife and tossed it in my truck window, then said we were both safer.
    Another time I was walking down the street I lived on, and a Deputy got out of his car on the other side of the street and asked me what sort of pistol I was carrying, it turned out he was looking at my cell phone in its holster. I supposed that if I had answered a ring right then he might have seen a fast draw.
     The latest interaction I had with police the deputy approached extremely cautiously , which seems to be the standard they are encouraged to keep.

Of course when I am sitting in my truck, I have the typical appearance of a cracker , which isn't strange to the cops here.

I know two persons with Chinese visage, but they keep such a low profile I doubt that they have spoken to a policeman this decade. They are probably just employing the manners they learned in Singapore.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 05:05:58 PM »
It seems to me that Chinese people are seen differently in Miami than they are in San Francisco, because the Chinese community here is small. There are perhaps 50,000 Taiwanese, mainlanders, Caribbean Chinese and Hong Kong people in the South Florida area, at least according to what my Taiwanese friend says he read in the local Chinese newspaper, but it seems like many less, because they seem to work hard at being invisible, other than at restaurants. There are three Asian groceries near my home, where I go to buy sauces, herbs and Shanghai (dwarf) bok choy, but I never see any other Whites, Latinos of Blacks in any of them.

Other than bad guys in Kung Fu movies, I can't recall what a criminal-looking Chinese looks like. They never seem to wear hoodies like all the other bad guys. I have no idea what attitudes a South Florida policeman might have of Chinese people.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 01:14:26 AM »
Basicly an average asian. we have not yet proven to be called americans yet so we get all the negative illegal alien stereotype. Jet li in china has only played heroes but in america he had to play a villian. And several american films he still had to play questionable characters

I do look scarey to non asians to be fair but to my friends they just dont understand how i can scare anyone.

We're invisible due to our culture to avoid trouble and most times police are precieved as more trouble than thier worth and nobody has yet proven otherwise.

i have been asked to buy drugs, put a hit on somebody, arrainge a hooker and the most common is get a gun for them. So i have to very low opinion what people think of asians.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 05:58:06 AM »
  I get your drift.

I used to have a boss who was a heavy and tall African American.

The guy is brilliant , and is always working against his first impression.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 02:06:38 PM »
A very good friend of mine that problem both ways he large so some will be scared of him but his attitude make seem like a big old teddy bear. Which is sort of false also since he's ex-marine and kniw how to kill you at least a half a dozen ways.