Author Topic: New Black Panthers trolling voting stations?  (Read 6742 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Black Panthers trolling voting stations?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 04:01:52 PM »
Try to get serious B.......you find it perfectly ok for a black panther to be stationing himself outside a polling booth?, huge mural of Obama right behind a voting machine?  A local election judge, checking in voters, while wearing an Obama hat??  Is the coolaide that good, that wrong is right, as long as the ends justify the means??  Really??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
...you find it perfectly ok for a black panther to be stationing himself outside a polling booth?

As long as they follow the rules, no.

...huge mural of Obama right behind a voting machine?

No, but then a judge ordered it covered.

You didn't mention a Florida county that called hundreds, perhaps thousands, of voters today telling them to be sure to vote tomorrow. This was explained by their robocaller not being able to make all the calls yesterday and automatically queueing up the remaining calls to be made today. It was stopped as soon as it was discovered and new calls made reminding voters election day is today.

I'm sure there will be more.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 04:24:58 PM »
Voters head to polls, reports of problems start pouring in
By Lylah M. Alphonse, Yahoo! News

An unexpected glitch almost caused one central Pennsylvania voter to cast his ballot for the wrong candidate, highlighting concerns about voter fraud in a number of states on an already tense Election Day. The Election Protection coalition, for instance, has reported ballot scanning problems in Ohio in Cleveland, Dayton, and Toledo.

"I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted," writes Centralpavote on YouTube, of the glitch in central Pennsylvania. "I assumed it was being picky so I de-selected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney."

The man, a software developer, tried troubleshooting the screen, selecting different names. But "the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney." A few more taps, and he discovered that the only way to select Obama was to click on a small sliver of the screen. All of the buttons for the other candidates seemed to work fine.

Other voters at the precinct didn't have the same problem, he said, and the volunteer didn't seem concerned. "She him hawed for a bit then calmly said, 'It's nothing to worry about, everything will be OK,' and went back to what she was doing," he wrote. "I then recorded this video." He insists that the video is unedited—the jumpy frames are from the camera app on his Android phone, he says.

2012 Voting Machines Altering Votes

Reports are pouring in from other voters who say they've had the same experience with electronic voting machines in other areas, and the computer-savvy among them are quick to point out that the problem is less about fraud and more about faulty electronics.

"This happens to ALL touch screen machines (your phone, kiosk, computer, etc)," writes Cheeta219 on YouTube. "These are crudely, haphazardly built machines that will fail sometimes."

There are other problems occurring as well. In some minority neighborhoods in Galveston, Texas, polling places opened late, making it impossible for people to vote earlier in the day. (The Galveston County Daily News reports that those 45 voting centers will stay open two hours later, until 8:54 p.m., to make up for the delay.)

And thanks to a different kind of technological glitch, there were also some voters in Pinellas County, Fla., who received phone calls on Tuesday morning reminding them to vote on Wednesday—the day after Election Day. In Oregon, an election worker was fired after she allegedly tampered with ballots by writing in Republican candidates in places where voters had left sections blank.

And in the heavily Democratic city of Philadelphia, the Republican Party reported that 75 legally credentialed voting inspectors were kicked out of polling places. Local prosecutors are investigating.

But the biggest problems reported by voters so far? Long lines.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/watch-glitch-voting-machine-pennsylvania-171806481--election.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
...you find it perfectly ok for a black panther to be stationing himself outside a polling booth?

As long as they follow the rules, no.

No, you don't find it ok??  or No, not a problem, so long as they follow the rules

If the latterm, then someone(s) wearing KKK robes, in front of a polling place, is perfectly ok, as long as "they follow the rules"??

...huge mural of Obama right behind a voting machine?

No, but then a judge ordered it covered.

Glad that got addressed, though it shouldn't have occured in the 1st place

You didn't mention a Florida county that called hundreds, perhaps thousands, of voters today telling them to be sure to vote tomorrow. This was explained by their robocaller not being able to make all the calls yesterday and automatically queueing up the remaining calls to be made today. It was stopped as soon as it was discovered and new calls made reminding voters election day is today.

That was a technical problem.  and yea, I'm sure there'll be more, and hopefully such problems can be minimized.  More to the point, Pennsylvania election law states "no person within a polling place may electioneer or solicit votes for any political party, political body, or candidate, nor may any unauthorized written or  printed materials be posted within the polling place."

Apparently, your position is as long as they're immediately outside the polling place, they can be as intimidating as they want?  Move along, nothing to see here??  What about the election judge wearing the Obama hat, while checking in voters.  No biggie?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »
No, not a problem. Is it intimidation to wear a black leather jacket? Klan robes, however, have an entirely different connotation.

What about the election judge wearing the Obama hat, while checking in voters.  No biggie?

Where? I don't recall seeing that one.

Just seems odd that with all your over the top paranoia, the only clear instance of fraud I see is the one in Oregon, for the GOP candidates. Go figure.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »
No, not a problem. Is it intimidation to wear a black leather jacket?

It is when you're representing the New Black Panthers, an organization with a very disinct connotation analogus to the Klan robes

So it either is, or it isn't.

What about the election judge wearing the Obama hat, while checking in voters.  No biggie?

Where? I don't recall seeing that one.

right here  that's ok as well, I assume?

Just seems odd that with all your over the top paranoia, the only clear instance of fraud I see is the one in Oregon, for the GOP candidates. Go figure.

Strange how pointing specific instances of clear intimidation is "paranoia", while I have yet to hear of anything in Oregon to opine one way or another.  Yea, go figure

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
We have bikers, and I'm sure others, here who wear black leather jackets. Why should I assume, if I see someone in a black leather jacket near a polling place, they are there to intimidate me? Now if I see someone in a white robe and hood, that's a different story.

You assume way too much. That's a big part of your problem. I said I hadn't seen that item yet and you jump to the conclusion I'm okay with it. And out comes the Sirs snark.

Enjoy your delusions of grandeur.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Speaking of paranoia......do you ever catch the "?"??.... that's ok as well, I assume?  Notice that's a question, in which case you can then clarify yes or no.  If you can't tell the difference of a new Black Panther standing out in front of a polling booth, vs a biker who.....would have no reason to stand outside of a polling booth, for any length of time, well...I'm just glad you're not a detective of any sort

Here's a news flash, a Black Panther is NO DIFFERENT than someone in a hooded robe.  They just have polar racist positions.  I just find it amazing how you're giving one a pass

Oh, I also noticed no response to the election judge and no link to this Republican fraud story.  Go figure

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »
Oh, I also noticed no response to the election judge and no link to this Republican fraud story.  Go figure

As to the judge, well, hell, you've already made up your mind what I think before I even had a chance to read the story, so I figured there was no reason to respond. And don't bother coming back and asking, once you start telling me what I think, that boat has sailed.

As to the fraud, check out my response #18 in this thread.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »

As to the judge, well, hell, you've already made up your mind what I think before I even had a chance to read the story

Well, chalk that up to being wrong.  So, I guess in the absence of an answer, I'm left to have to remove the question mark, and go with the predominance of your current arguement, rationalizing how its ok for New Black Panthers to hang outside a polling booth, but no so for KKK folks, even if they're "following all the rules"

As to the fraud, check out my response #18 in this thread.

I'll check it out

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »
Ok, I checked out response #18, and it had nothing about GOP fraud, especially since it was my response.  I then checked out both 16 & 17...no where did I read anything about some Republican fraud in Oregon.    ???

Sorry H, you're gonna have to be more specific.  Can you please specifically link this story of alledged Republican voter fraud in Oregon?   

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
duplicate post

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »
Well, since you had already made up your mind, I doubt it matters.

Do you think so and so is right? is a question.

I assume you think so and so is right? is a declarative sentence with a question mark thrown in to give you wiggle room.

And look again. It is near the end below the clip.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
Well, since you had already made up your mind, I doubt it matters.

It doesn't, if you're not going to answer.  Ball in your court

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
Ahhh, there's the Oregonian blurb.  And she was appropriately fired.  So, why all the huff and puff about it??