Author Topic: Judeo-Christo-Fascism Awareness Week Comes to American Campuses!  (Read 13885 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Judeo-Christo-Fascism Awareness Week Comes to American Campuses!
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2007, 09:49:52 AM »
Obviously if you follow the history of nationalism, there has been a progression from tens of thousands of tiny tribes to city-states, nations and ever-bigger nations, through a gradual amalgamating process.  With some set-backs as in the break-ups of Korea (the reunification of which is inevitable,) Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, the U.S.S.R., etc.  But the overall way forward, it seems to me, is through homogeneization, the dominance of ever-increasing blocs, the spread of English as a universal language (which I don't think Chinese, even with alphabetical reform, is going to catch up with) until the next logical step . . .

One World Government, only not in our lifetimes or even our grandchildren's.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »
With some set-backs as in the break-ups of Korea (the reunification of which is inevitable,)

I think that the4 northerners are more likely to kill the southerners than join them.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »
<<I think that the4 northerners are more likely to kill the southerners than join them.>>

I think over time it will all work out peacefully.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »
<<I think that the4 northerners are more likely to kill the southerners than join them.>>

I think over time it will all work out peacefully.

It cannot , the north is prepared to kill the south and has told its own people that the south is miserably repressed and poor, they cannot rejoin and let the northerners learn the life is much easyer to live in the south .

I expect that the worlds largest collection of Long range cannon , presently aimed at Seol , will be fired.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 11:02:21 PM »
Well . . .  I hope you are wrong.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2007, 11:19:55 AM »
Well . . .  I hope you are wrong.

I also hope to be wrong , but the north is not set up for any sort of reconcilliation , how could they allow their own people to know the truth ?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2007, 12:04:07 PM »
First of all I think it's encouraging that up to now the North has not engaged in major hostilities.  If they held back until now, what could encourage them to strike now or later?  (I'll answer my own question - - the weakness or perceived weakness of the U.S.A., drained by unwinnable wars in the Middle East and increasingly exposed as a paper tiger.)  Assuming they're smart enough to figure out that the U.S.A. can still deliver an unsurvivable nuclear punch, would that stop them?  (Answer:  define "unsurvivable."  Maybe they've already got a plan for surviving while delivering a few nuclear punches of their own.)

To my way of thinking, there are too many "maybes" involved in the decision to go to war - - maybe the U.S.A. can't or won't fight, maybe we'll get nuked or not.  Fuck that.  It just doesn't pay.  If they were crazy enough to ignore the maybes they would have attacked by now.

Secondly - - and this is where the "madman" theory of underestimating your enemies gets you - - maybe Kim Jong Il isn't really a madman but a very shrewd and capable negotiator, looking to extract the maximum benefits from the USA in return for guarantees of future good behaviour.
"
Third, the reason I'm not impressed with this "enmity of the peoples" line is that in the North, public opinion is just a manufactured product, to be turned off and on like a tap.  There is no "enmity" towards the South apart from what the dictator chooses to whip up and when the dictator wants to whip up friendship, friendship is whipped up.  It's like Orwell's 1984, when the TV announces, "Oceania was at war with Eastasia.  Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia" when just a few days ago, Oceania had been at war "forever" with Eurasia.  The people of North Korea will know what the government of North Korea wants them to know (and they're not all that much different from the way information is rationed out in the so-called "free world") and they'll get whatever the policy-makers think they need to get.

I wouldn't bet my life on any of this, though.  There is a possibility of war, I just think there's a greater possibility there won't be a war.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »
I just think there's a greater possibility there won't be a war.

How so?  I don't see the path to there from here.

In North Korea the North Koreans are told that they are the happyest of all countrys , and most prosperous .

They do not know that in South Korea a common man can afford to eat every day of the week and can leave his lights on all night.

Kim Ill Jong is worshipped like Egyptions pharohs were, but how could that continue if the truth was easy to get?

There is no possibility that the South Koreans will attack the North , there is so little public support for such a project that a government would loose its power the same day it suggested such a thing.

But if one day Kim Ill Jong were so depressed that he felt suicidal......

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2007, 06:18:07 PM »
<< But if one day Kim Ill Jong were so depressed that he felt suicidal......>>

That's just another illustration of the "madman" theory of history and IMHO it's all bullshit.  There's no more reason to think that Kim is depressed and suicidal than to think it of Bush.  Actually more reason to think of Bush that way since he's a recovering alcoholic.

Kim Jong Il answers to a powerful military.  Even if he goes crazy, there's no reason to believe his military will blindly follow him into the abyss.  There's no reason to believe he's going crazy, either.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2007, 01:39:22 AM »
<< But if one day Kim Ill Jong were so depressed that he felt suicidal......>>

That's just another illustration of the "madman" theory of history and IMHO it's all bullshit.  There's no more reason to think that Kim is depressed and suicidal than to think it of Bush.  Actually more reason to think of Bush that way since he's a recovering alcoholic.

Kim Jong Il answers to a powerful military.  Even if he goes crazy, there's no reason to believe his military will blindly follow him into the abyss.  There's no reason to believe he's going crazy, either.

Kim Ill Jong inherited a system of worship from his father , he is practily a God to them.
   How could anyone develop sanity when raised under these circmstances ?

He orders movie stars kidnapped and he gets them , he orders just about every thing for himself that is forbidden to the rest of his people  , his body guard are some of the toughest people on earth and he is a dissoute drunk.

South Korea is his hostage , he cna get away with anything and he knows it , anything except actually killing his hostage.

So South Korea is more prosperous than everand North Korea is riven with malnutrition but the North Koreans live in a bubble where they feel under threat from their hostage and think that their nation is the happyest on Earth.

If the light of truth were ever to shine in Kim would die horribly , and he knows it. Kim Ill Jung is not insulated from Western culture and knoledge at all.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 02:30:03 AM »
<<Kim Ill Jong inherited a system of worship from his father , he is practily a God to them.>>

Hey, I thought I had the monopoly on hyperbole around here!  Tone it down, OK?

<< How could anyone develop sanity when raised under these circmstances ?>>

You're bandyng around a term like "sanity" pretty loosely.  I think you're (a) exaggerating how he was raised and (b) making psychiatric conclusions you're not qualified to make.  This guy may look at life differently than you or I would, but that in itself does NOT make him insane.

<<He orders movie stars kidnapped and he gets them . . . >>

And this makes him less sane than your Confederate ancestors exactly how?  Because he was kidnapping movie stars and they were kidnapping field hands?  I don't buy it.

<< . . . he orders just about every thing for himself that is forbidden to the rest of his people>>

Kinda like some a those Republican politicians or fundamentalist preachers.  Hypocrisy knows no bounds and no political party.

<< his body guard are some of the toughest people on earth >>

Bush on the other hand leaves his protection to a bunch of ballet instructors and interior decorators.

<< . . .and he is a dissoute drunk.>>

Well, THAT'S certainly unheard of in North American political circles.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2007, 08:05:36 AM »
<<Kim Ill Jong inherited a system of worship from his father , he is practily a God to them.>>

Hey, I thought I had the monopoly on hyperbole around here!  Tone it down, OK?

Why do you consider this to be an exaggeration?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »
For one thing, they don't believe in God.  They are communists.  Communists are materialists.  They don't believe in supernatural powers.  Kim is at most the object of a personality cult, like Stalin.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
For one thing, they don't believe in God.  They are communists.  Communists are materialists.  They don't believe in supernatural powers.  Kim is at most the object of a personality cult, like Stalin.

So define god then.

He gets adulation by millions , it is like the godhood of a pharoh.

Try to find a criticism of him in any North Korean sorce.

I stand by the statement , he is a liveing idol.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
There's  no real difference between the Stalin cult of personality and Kim's.  It does not mean the guy is insane.  "God-like" is a meaningless term because it's open-ended.