Author Topic: Iran's Response -  (Read 6626 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Iran's Response -
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 05:57:12 PM »
<<As clearly stated in the very beginning , produceing a conqured Iraq was never the Aim of the USA or President Bush.>>

ROTFLMFAO.  I guess you're one of the last suckers in America who still believes what "President" Bush states, clearly or otherwise.

<<You are right that we will not produce a groveling conquered slave state , mostly because we aim not to , I do expect you to call our succes in that endevor a failure to accomplish our "real " aim , takeing lots of oil without paying for it, but what we have paid so far would pay for several years supply of oil and no one expects to recoup.>>

Blame that on the stupidity of your leaders and the superiority of the enemy, rather than on some lofty and noble motivation of the bunch of criminal fascists who are now running your country.
<<Most illogical of all is the assertion that the people who are wrecking roads , power plants , pipelines , hospitals , police stations , markets , Mosques and all sorts of other infrastructure as fast as they can be repaired are trying to do something good for the people of Iraq. >>

They're patriots who are going to kill anyone who collaborates with the invaders.  Unfortunately, they are also fightng a civil war at the same time, which is very hard on innocent civilians from both sides.  Once the occupiers are out, the civil war issues will straighten themselves out - - one side or the other will win.  None of your fucking business which one, but as long as you stay aiding one side or the other, the slaughter will continue.

<<Most of the Insurgents victims are the bystanding Iriquis .>>

That's how they settle their differences.  Not your problem, not your country.  That's not what keeps you there anyway.

<< More and more the common Iriqui is looseing patience with the Al Queda and the itenerant insurgent .>>

Right.  And coming to love their invaders.

<<We really only need one freind in every fifty Iriquis to drop a dime on the insurgents as they are seen , this seems to be happening.>>

Like you would know if it were.  What seems to be happening is that the Resistance is lying low, the U.S.A. is bleeding dollars out of its ass and sooner rather than later will be pulling out to leave their dime-dropping pals to face the people's justice.

<<I don't think that our victory is assured in Iraq , . . . >>

THAT'S the understatement of the year.

<< . . . but I expect our loss will be the worst possible outcome for the Iriquis who will have to fight it out for a while to determine which insurgent group will take Saddams place.>>

The worst possible outcome would be that you win and instal some puppet torture state as you have in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran and Jordan, and that your crooked oil and contracting companies make sweetheart deals with your puppet government that rob the people at the same time as they are being tortured and murdered to support your plans.

<<Quote
"... the regime that you now claim was "toppled" may very well be reinstalled."

<<Yep a good reson for Iriquis to desire our success.>>

But they don't, do they?  Maybe they know better than you do what American intentions really are.  Maybe they're a little more up on their Middle Eastern history than you are.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2007, 06:08:03 PM »
<<There is a lot of legacy problem in the allies we have and have had. . .  >>

Wow, extremely thoughtful and well-written, plane.  I don't agree with your interpretation of Cold War expediency, though.  It wasn't all about fighting the Evil Empire, for example, your promotion of fascism and torture in Central America was directly related to fruit company and shipping interests in which the Dulles family was directly interested.

I also think you have taken too detached a view of things.  Millions of people died horrible, violent deaths at your hands or the hands of your proxies.

Shit - - wife calling me to dinner at friends' house.  I would have liked to finish this thought but  . . .

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2007, 06:22:27 PM »
More bullshit, surprising nobody.  I told plane the information was in a Vanity Fair article which I had not been able to find but which Lanya found and posted to this group.  So it's in the archives.

Actually, it's in another version of this group, one which no one has archives of (unless BT has 'em).

Don't believe me? Go ahead and search. There are only two threads that include posts by Lanya and mention Vanity Fair, and neither includes the article you reference.

So, I guess your claim is the one that's "bullshit."

It's the same reason why I wasn't able to produce a quote from you that you demanded a while back. The archives only go back to the last change of software. We've run three or four different software packages here and each time we lost the previous archives.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »
<<So, I guess your claim is the one that's "bullshit.">>

No actually yours is the claim that's still stuck with the "bullshit" label because while I identified the magazine and also provided some particulars of it (posted by Lanya in this group) your suggestion to "read more" (in defence of your own allegation) came with absolutely no further particulars of where the source might be located.  On the easly understood (by most sane and normal people) that some information is better than no information, your post is still bullshit and mine isn't.  No surprises there.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2007, 12:17:44 AM »
No actually yours is the claim that's still stuck with the "bullshit" label because while I identified the magazine and also provided some particulars of it (posted by Lanya in this group) your suggestion to "read more" (in defence of your own allegation) came with absolutely no further particulars of where the source might be located.  On the easly understood (by most sane and normal people) that some information is better than no information, your post is still bullshit and mine isn't.  No surprises there.

No problem. Oxford Companion to Military History - should be available in any large library.

That should be as good as yours, actually better. Yours is a periodical, and periodical references should include at a minimum the year and volume number, neither of which you provided..
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 07:36:09 AM »
<<No problem. Oxford Companion to Military History - should be available in any large library.

<<That should be as good as yours, actually better. Yours is a periodical, and periodical references should include at a minimum the year and volume number, neither of which you provided..>>

Slowly progress is made.  Now we have a source.

Keeping in mind that the Vanity Fair article was produced in the course of a debate on election-fixing, at a time when you were still a member of this group and had every opportunity to comment on it, it appears to have vanished into the archives.  Which is not my fault.  Too bad I did not preserve the volume number, the date, or similar information, but the article proved my point and the debate over it was finished.  Not that it didn't rise up sporadically afterwards.  When the article was needed to bolster my argument, it was (thanks to Lanya) there for all to see. 

As far as bolstering YOUR argument, YOU are the one who needs to produce Oxford Companion to Military History.  Get out of your head the dumb idea that in order to prove or disprove what YOU say is in the Oxford Companion that I am going to haul MY ass to "any large library" to make your arguments for you.  Get off your lazy ass and put up or shut up.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »
As far as bolstering YOUR argument, YOU are the one who needs to produce Oxford Companion to Military History.  Get out of your head the dumb idea that in order to prove or disprove what YOU say is in the Oxford Companion that I am going to haul MY ass to "any large library" to make your arguments for you.  Get off your lazy ass and put up or shut up.

Not available online.

I believe at this point in the past, you just said that anyone who didn't believe you would just have to find the article themselves. It just so happens that Lanya found it online. Maybe someone else will find the Oxford Companion to Military History online (not likely) but I'll just leave it like you did.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2007, 09:48:16 AM »
THAT'S fighting?  Let's keep this argument in the real world, OK?

Killing law enforcement officers is fighting.  But, of course, that was my whole point.  The Taliban were defeated in Afghanistan.  The fact that they are still attempting to get the land back, only a few years after their defeat, is no more significant than the fact that Canadian Indians are still having to fight for their land.  The Seminoles have done nothing I am aware of in two hundred years, but still proudly point to their lack of acquiescence.  The Taliban do mount attacks, and they get killed en masse each time they do.  This will go on for a while, but eventually they will fade into complete insignificance - as the Canadian Indians have as a fighting force.

Indian resistance in Canada, Catholic resistance in Northern Ireland and Seminole Resistance in Florida all together don't add up to a tiny fraction of the daily violence in Iraq.   

Not any more.  The Irish got tired of constantly dying, but it took about 80 years.  The IRA violence prior to about the 1990's was as bad as anything we see in the middle east today.  That, again, is my point.  Resistance will continue for decades, in some cases centuries.  The military situation in Iraq is very touchy because of the potential (indeed I would say the probability) of a large scale civil war when we leave.    Afghanistan less so, but neither country is what anyone would call stable.  That does not equate to the US getting their "asss kicked."  It equates to people resisting an occupying army.  That's a fact of life.  Again, if we use the schoolyard metaphor, we may take a few punches, but you should see the other guy.

My conclusion is that wars are fought nation-to-nation, not nation-to-regime.  My conclusion is that you are incapable of making the distinction.  For some reason you want to consider a victory over the regime as a victory over the nation, probably because you know you will never be able to claim the latter.  What's particularly ludicrous is that when the nation finally ends up victorious and expels or kills the invaders and all their collaborators, the regime that you now claim was "toppled" may very well be reinstalled.

Actually, it is you that is incapabble of making the distinction between conquering a nation and conquering a government.  Both objectives have historical precedent.  But again, your military knowledge is lacking.  So I suppose we failed in Panama because we only toppled Noriega and didn't actually make Panama our "19th Province."  Come to think of it, the whole American Revolution was an abject failure because we failed to conquer England.  Well, God save the Queen. Conquest is not always the aim of war.  The Arabs in the middle east want to conquer and retake Israel.  We had no desire to own Iraq, only to depose the Ba'athist regime.  The chances of that regime returning are extremely slim.  The chances of Saddam returning are right up there with that 12th Imam. 

You deliberately chose to ignore the argument that the U.S.A. failed in Iraq by failing to achieve its objectives and focused instead on the tone of the argument, the BWAHAHAHAHA in particular.  A matter of no substance whatever.

I did no such thing.  You deliberately choose to ignore any response I give that does not fit your theory. 

Bullshit.  Again you are pulling your old trick of ignoring the substance and focusing on the style, then blithely asserting that (presumably because you failed to address it) the substance was lacking from the outset.  Fooling no one, I might add.

I cannot ignore substance that does not exist.  As to fooling no one, that comment betrays a lot about your ego.

You accuse me, perhaps appropriately, of an ad hominem attack. >>

Not even. 

So when you said "Nice smear attempt"  that was not an accusation of an ad hominem attack?  You're whining because I am calling you out for acting like a child.  It's the way you debate when you start to lose.  Now you complain about my ignoring the substance of your argument.  Nonsense.  i have addressed all of your points ad naseum. 

Oh, PLEASE show me one instance in which I "mischaracterized or misinterpreted" any of your responses.

I'll be damned it I am going to waste my time going back and rehashing the arguments I have just made again and again.  I have to continually clarify what should be simple points because you take them to mean something completely differnt from what I intended.  Then you base a response on your interpretation rather than my intent.  Foremost among those sorts of things (of which there have been numerous in this thread) was your assertion that I did not understand the unity of the Iranian people and how that differed from the factionalism in Iraq even though I had pointed exactly that out in the post to which you were responding. 

moi??

Oui, vous!  :)

Oh for God's sake. 

How about ROTFL?  Is ROTFL OK?  How about ROTFLMFAO?  Is that sane enough for you?

Actually, the "little but crazy" part was intended to be humorous.   

Geeze, I'll try to watch myself in the future.  What's a nice way to say "fucking war criminals?"

"having sex with Hitler and Saddam?" 

These debates are a little rougher than the ones I normally engage in, but there's an anonymity here which is liberating in the sense that the normal civilities of daily life exercised between people who know one another are dispensed with, but I think a more honest exchange results.  For example, there is an emotional component here - - anger, which IMHO is fully justified by the scope of the atrocities, killings, suffering and misery unleashed by one powerful and wealthy country for absolutely no good reason on a tiny country not even one-tenth its size which has the God-awful misfortune to rest upon the world's second biggest proven oil reserves.  I hope if you get even a tiny smidgen of the anger that I and millions of others feel at the depredations of American power all over the world, the lawlessness, the defiance of established international order, the contempt for the UN's efforts to build a system of international justice, then you will have learned much more from the debate here than if you had read a dozen closely reasoned, politely worded essays about the topic.  You'd do a lot better to focus on what's behind the cuss words, the sarcasm, etc. and pick up on the underlying emotions.  And ask yourself, if this is coming from a bystander, a guy who basically doesn't give a shit, has no relatives or family on the receiving end of the shit-storm, what kind of anger is coming at us from people whose country has been invaded, whose kids have been blown to bits, or who hear about this every fucking day in their mosque in Jakarta or Tirana or Istanbul or even Los Angeles?

So effectively, you think it is perfectly OK to call me a "fucking war criminal" and act like a kid instead of choosing a rational debatge style (which, apparently, you DO choose to do when faced with a possible personal response) because of your anonymity.  We fucking war criminals call that cowardice.  It takes little courage to call someone a name over the internet.  It takes more to call them something to their face.  But what takes more courage than either is to engage someone courteously even when you are angry, to treat other human beings with the decency you demand when there is no other motivation for it than decency and to look - as you advice - to the motivation behind someone else's actions.  I could go on about the fiasco that is the United Nations.  I could talk about how much the US has done for the world in the twentieth century and how much good will, blood and treasure of ours has been wasted in the effort.  If millions are angry at American actions, millions of Americans are fed up with third world nations that scream for our foreign aid, beg us to solve their problems and then bitch when we get involved (or when we stay uninvolved).  I don't really care about your opinion of America.  I don't buy your rationalizations, based on personal bigotry, about your warped perception of American actions.  I give you the courtesy of debate because I am here, and you are here, and I have an interest in the topics you engage.  When you choose to debate rationally, it is a pleasure to exchange views with you.  I disagree with much of what you say, but it is a learning experience and an interesting discussion nonetheless.  Your intellectual capabilities are not in question.  When we disagree it is ususally, as I have pointed out, because we have different experiences.  (You denied that point, but you make basically the same point when you say i ought to consider the perspective of the people who are affected by US actions.)  But when you choose a style that devolves into schoolyard brawling, then you call for respectful consideration of your points, it is a waste of my time.  Worse, it often brings me down to the same level.  That's not only a waste of time, it is a waste of spirit.

Wow, talk about misrepresenting responses.  I defy you to find one word of moral outrage in what I wrote.  I was laughing at you for being as stupid as the Nazis and in exactly the same way - - feeling that you had solved the problem represented by a deadly and determined enemy by laughing them off as vermin, with a pejorative name to go with.  It's a common failing of authoritarian militaristic personalities that cannot accept the equality of their opponent.  Psychologically, the opponent must be dehumanized and belittled, calling them "roaches" or "desert rats" is the tell-tale sign of the mindset.

If you want to characterize your response as ridicule rather than outrage, i will concede the point.  Beyond that, your response is nonetheless exactly what I said it was.  You had no objection to my use of the metaphor over several posts, then you jumped on it - and misrepresented it - as an example of dehumanizing the opposition, rather than making a metaphor. 

The reason being, the metaphor was immaterial to the argument until now.  At this point, you failed to deal with my argument that you did NOT have the situation on the ground in Afghanistan under control or that you had not "toppled" the now-resurgent Taliban.  You pointed to the "disarray" of the Taliban as proof that you did, and when I attempted to show that the disarray you were citing actually signified nothing more than a wise choice of tactics, you then chose, not to acnowledge or counter the point, but to compare the tactics to vermin and predict that, just as vermin would be exterminated despite the tactic, so too was the Taliban.  Your argument was just as foolish as Rommel's and your belief in ultimate victory over those whom you chose to characterize as "cockroaches" was bound to follow the fate of your fellow fascist's prediction of victory over the "desert rats."  That is why at this point in the thread, I chose to call attention to the cockroach metaphor - - just to show similar thinking on the part of the Nazi general, equally deluded, equally misguided, equally doomed to failure.

Wrong.  I used the metaphor in a post to which you responded.  I said it was LIKE roaches.  You cannot kill all of them, but you can CONTROL them.  You responded DIRECTLY to that metaphor.  You said that we had not CONTROLLED them.  You raised  no objection at that time to the metaphor itself.   I CLARIFIED the METAPHOR by saying that by"control" I simply meant that while you might see an occasional flare up of activity, to which a remedial response is required, the problem was under control (those weren't the exact words, but that was the gist).  I was pointing out that complete annihilation of the Taliban was not possible and that there were bound to be flare ups of activity, but that did not mean that the Taliban was not defeated.  The Nazis were defeated, but there are still Nazis in German to this day - and some are up to their old tricks.  So, like roaches, some will survive and you will have to deal with them, but you can keep them under control.  (Just ask any restaraunt owner about pest control.)  That is not - to use your words - "characterizing them as roaches."  That is only choosing a metaphor to which some might, understandably object.  But if you found the metaphor ridiculous, it was no less ridiculous when I introduced it than when I clarified it.  You just had to ignore my direct response to your point by ridiculing the metaphor.

That's total bullshit.  They want you out of their face and off their land, but they don't want to kill you unless you don't want to stop interfering in their affairs and occupying their lands.  As far as enslaving their own people, that's a huge laugh.  You could not be more hypocritical if you tried.  It is Amerikkka that enslaves those people through corrupt puppet governments all over the Middle East and also through supporting the Israeli occupation of the West Bank.  At best you are rival slave-masters to the Taliban and the Iraqi Resistance, but in fact these people want an Islamic Republic or a Caliphate which leaves them more freedom than they presently have and in addition leaves them as sole owners of their own oil. 

That, sir, is bullshit.  But of course the Taliban denies their women education and destroys ancient artifacts of a rival religion because of US interference in their lives.  Iran executes gays because of those damned Americans,  Saddam gassed the Kurds because of that bastard Bush.  It's amazing how you whine about the US and blame them for the world's ills.  But you completely ignore what those poor innocents Muslim fanactics are up to. 

Tell us about it.  And yet you wonder why they have no problem killing your kind of human being.  Unbelievable. 

I don't wonder why.  I don't care.  Any more than I care why a rapist feels the need to control his victim or a serial killer is so angry.  The fact that there are millions of people in the world, including in the US, who object to US policy and actions is a matter of concern.  When thousands protest in the streets, someone should be listening to what they have to say and deciding whether it has merit, or warrants a change in policy.  But when people fly planes into buildings, strap on bombs and walk into discos or takeover schools and murder children - we should respond in kind.  I don't like Muslims oppressing women - millions object to it including millions of Islamic women.  But I wouldn't have the slightest objection to executing any who condoned suicide bombing Mosques to end that oppression.  The fact that many choose to murder because they feel their opinions are not getting through does not mean we should acquiese to their demands. 

Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2007, 12:34:15 PM »
http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/121804I.shtml
I'm not sure if this is a bit of the article you meant, Michael.
From Vanity Fair 2004 October, titled "The Path to Florida."
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »
The article Mikey is looking for is the diatribe by Greg Palast.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2007, 01:06:46 PM »

OK, read it over and don't see a problem. A number of people were removed from the voting rolls, but they were notified ahead of time and allowed to respond if they were indeed allowed to vote. Had they done so, they should have been put back on the rolls. There is no indication that anyone responded and was not added back to the rolls. Another issue was people showing up to vote and being informed that they had already voted absentee. This is a very similar issue to not requiring id at voting places, it amounts to a poll tax we're told. So, the state has to accept virtually anonymous absentee ballots on the same level as voters with no id. If you voted absentee, you're not allowed to vote again. If you want to eliminate this problem, you must allow election boards to check id. There was another one or two that didn't fall into this category, but not enough specifics were provided. One, who claims that she had registered to vote was not on the rolls. Didn't mention if anyone had verified that she had registered to vote as part of the fact checking - could just be a memory error on her part. In some districts, if you don't vote in one election, your name is dropped from the rolls and you have to re-register. Nothing illegal about that policy, and we don't know if that's what happened, or if she was notified that her name was being dropped because she got caught up in the felon list and failed to respond.

Don't see anything there that brings "voter disenfranchisement" to the level of fact.

Cynthia

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
The military situation in Iraq is very touchy because of the potential (indeed I would say the probability) of a large scale civil war when we leave.    Afghanistan less so, but neither country is what anyone would call stable.

So true. Walking away from Iraq too soon is equivalent to leaving a burning building in flames with only the roof extinguished; while exiting the fight on the Taliban is comparable to failing to call the pest control guy for more treatments.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2007, 02:14:47 PM »
Not any more.  The Irish got tired of constantly dying, but it took about 80 years.  The IRA violence prior to about the 1990's was as bad as anything we see in the middle east today.  That, again, is my point.  Resistance will continue for decades, in some cases centuries.  The military situation in Iraq is very touchy because of the potential (indeed I would say the probability) of a large scale civil war when we leave.    Afghanistan less so, but neither country is what anyone would call stable.  That does not equate to the US getting their "asss kicked."  It equates to people resisting an occupying army.  That's a fact of life.  Again, if we use the schoolyard metaphor, we may take a few punches, but you should see the other guy.

I have to take exception with this one.

First, the IRA violence prior to the 1990's? You might want to check out what the PIRA did in Manchester in 1996 or the RIRA in Omagh in 1998. You are likely thinking about the era of the Troubles in the 70's and 80's, but for some reason we tend to forget, on this side of the Atlantic, that the British experienced terrorism for quite some time and very recent to 9/11.

But, it was a different kind of terrorism and I don't think it compared fully to what takes place in the Middle East. The IRA (and her offshoots) almost always called ahead and gave warnings of bombings. This typically resulted in far fewer casualties than one would expect. For example, the Manchester bombing hit the city centre but amazingly resulted in no deaths (but over 200 injuries). If they had acted as al-Qaeda does, it would certainly been much, much worse. I'm not defending the IRA, just explaining their mode of operation.

It wasn't as simple as "the Irish got tired of constantly dying" either. The peace in Northern Ireland has been FAR more complex than that. Much of it has to do with the changes in attitudes of the many parties involved, including the IRA, Sinn Fein, UVF, UPP, DUP, the British Government, and the American Government.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

? Reply #53 on: Today at 11:34:15 AM ?
===========================================================================

Lanya, you're incredible.  Thanks, that's exactly the article.  I read it in print when the magazine hit the stands.  All I remembered was, Vanity Fair, three investigative reporters.  They nailed it.  I'll read this again later, when I have more time.

BT, I'm not sure what the Palast diatribe was, but I can look at that, too.

Ami, as far as I can recall, the Vanity Fair article or maybe another one taking off from it, referred to 100,000 so-called "felons" being taken off the voter registration rolls, but I'm going back to see where that came from.  As far as their getting notices, that's ridiculous.  No citizen should be forced to fight his or her way back onto the voter registration rolls, and if they are, a substantial number just won't bother.  It would be equally true if a similar number of Republican voters were wiped off the list.   And there's no indication of how long or complex the reinstatement process would take.  At the minimum, I would think it would involve statutory declarations or affidavits, something that to a lot of these folks would mean LAWYERS, which they can't afford and which scare them.  The objective wasn't to brand them for life as felons, but to keep them away from the polls long enough to hold the election without them, and it succeeded brilliantly.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2007, 03:36:11 PM »
And there's no indication of how long or complex the reinstatement process would take.

Actually, it was right there in this article:

We started sending letters and contacting voters, [saying] that we had evidence that they were potential felons and that they contact us or they were going to be removed from the rolls.

They were not removed from the rolls unless they failed to contact the election office within the (unspecified) time period. If they contacted the office in a timely manner, I'm sure it was handled.