Author Topic: ANOTHER reason why John Insane won't be debating much with Obama  (Read 6795 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ANOTHER reason why John Insane won't be debating much with Obama
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 01:48:29 PM »
Churchill was just as stubborn about denying the average commoner his due as he was about opposing Hitler. That is why he was thrown out of office after WWII: the commoners got crappy wages and rationing, the upper class got anything money could buy, and they had all the money.

Morally, the Brits were just wrong to try to defeat the Boers in South Africa. The Boers were there first, after all. The  tactics used by the Brits were close to what the US did in Vietnam, and it was immoral for the same reasons.

Gallipoli was the result of too much attention to the Greek classics. The Aussies and Kiwis were thrown in their because they knew that it was politically more acceptable to use those poor sons and grandsons of thieves and grifters than to risk the lives of decent British soldiers.
It was clear after the first week or so that it was a disaster, but it went on far too long. After a couple of months it was pretty clear that it would not work, but they kept sending troops into the meat grinder for another four months.

But as I said, his granddaughter was the most annoying narrator I have ever heard, right up there with the sanctimonious creep that announces on COPS.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:00:48 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
<<But as I said, his granddaughter was the most annoying narrator I have ever heard, right up there with the sanctimonious creep that announces on COPS.>>

Churchill didn't seem to have too much luck with his children, or, it seems, his grandchildren.  Must be tough to be the son or daughter of a legend. 

I don't know if COPS is the show I've seen, but there's one where the cops are followed around busting down doors and generally terrorizing a bunch of down-and-out members of the underclass in their own wretched little hovels for heinous crimes such as trying to escape from their miserable surroundings with a little dope, the poor man's travel alternative.  I always thought it should be re-titled "Stormtroopers in Amerika," and wondered how many Americans were getting their vicarious jollies from such a frank and unsavoury close-up of the rich and the powerful bullying the weak and the seriously fucked up.  I don't remember anything about the announcer, though.  Not even if it's a man or a woman.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
I don't know if COPS is the show I've seen, but there's one where the cops are followed around busting down doors and generally terrorizing a bunch of down-and-out members of the underclass in their own wretched little hovels for heinous crimes such as trying to escape from their miserable surroundings with a little dope, the poor man's travel alternative.  I always thought it should be re-titled "Stormtroopers in Amerika," and wondered how many Americans were getting their vicarious jollies from such a frank and unsavoury close-up of the rich and the powerful bullying the weak and the seriously fucked up.  I don't remember anything about the announcer, though.  Not even if it's a man or a woman.
=================================

That is COPS. It is shown here on FOX, but it might be a syndicated show. While the cops are pursuing their inept quarry, they play this song, that asks the musical question, "Bad boys, bad boys, where you gonna go when they come for you?"

The cops are not depicted as rich, they are almost as inarticulate and ungrammatical as their prey. The criminals are poorly groomed and ill-clad, and are only barely able to speak. They offer only the lamest of excuses for their weird behavior. Usually, there is a chase, and after they are captured, they explain that they knew there was a warrant out for their address and did not wish to return to jail.

The cops are generally overweight and seem to have been stuffed into their uniforms several sizes too small. They resemble sausages, and are decorated with all manner of weaponry and devices, reminiscent of Batman's utility belt.

The announcer is a guy with a somewhat whiney voice who makes dumbass comments, such as "There's one reckless driver that won't be endangering others anytime soon".

These comments are after the fashion of Lt. Joe Friday or Dragnet, or more recently, David Caruso's character of CSI: Miami, but sound even more sleazy.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »
<<The cops are not depicted as rich, they are almost as inarticulate and ungrammatical as their prey.>>

No, I didn't mean the cops were rich, they are the agents and servants of the rich; if they were rich, they too would hire someone else to do the dirty work.

I remembered the theme song as soon as I saw it written down.  It WAS the show I saw, but I still don't recall the announcer at all.  Nothing rang a bell.  The one thing that stood out was the absolutely atrocious grammar of the underclass.  I sometimes speak like that as a joke, but for these guys it was the lingua franca of the milieu.  Huge indictment of the public education system right there.  A course who has money to put into the public school system when there are AY-rabs out thar thet need a whole heap a killin?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »
<<Smoke grenades are irritateing but the smole is not particulary dangerous.

<<Marker Rockets put a plume of smoke on a target that other more potent wepons can direct onto.

<<As incindiry devices go WP is no worse than the others , because all incendiary devices are very bad to be near when they ignite.>>

Apparently the Bush administration tells so many lies that its supporters can't always keep up with the latest one.&nbsp; Originally the U.S. just flat-out denied the use of WP in Fallujah.&nbsp; Then they had to admit it was used, but only as a "marker" - - which seems to be about as far as plane followed the trail of lies.&nbsp; Since then they have had to change tack again, and admit that they were using WP as a weapon - -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4440664.stm

<<US troops used white phosphorus as a weapon in last year's offensive in the Iraqi city of Falluja, the US has said.
<<"It was used as an incendiary weapon against enemy combatants," spokesman Lt Col Barry Venable told the BBC - though not against civilians, he said.
<<The US had earlier said the substance - which can cause burning of the flesh - had been used only for illumination.
<<BBC defence correspondent Paul Wood says having to retract its denial is a public relations disaster for the US.
<<Col Venable denied that white phosphorous constituted a banned chemical weapon. >>

It's true that as of now, they have yet to admit using the WP against civilian noncombatants.&nbsp; The numerous eye-witness accounts and photos leave no doubt that many Fallujah civilians died of phosphorus burns&nbsp; so you can take the denials for what they're worth, especially in view of their previous lies about it.

Why should I open your links when you do not open mine?
I did not in any way deny that WP is an incindiary substance and that it is used to produce fires in a warlike way.

It is not a gas or vapor , and though its smoke can be very irritateing it is seldom the cause of injury.

Explodeing a bomb that scattered WP over a wide area can be done , but it would not then cool and settle to the ground , but would produce a fireball instantly that would burn feircely with no delays. Some WP devices splatter sticky WP droplets over a circle around their impact where each droplet starts a fire or a burn wound , but gassifying the WP to ignite later on isn't a possibility.

If you were to follow the link I provided you would find a frank discussion of WP as a munition.

I would not generally favor using incindiary devices against civilians ,but the exceptions when everyone seemed good with it  include the marvellous British who found out how to initiate firestorm in German citys.

The unfortunate Iriquis have been catching cross fire and collateral damage quite a lot this decade, I feel sorry for them , especially the innocent who have nowhere to run. A picture of a burned body does not prove that WP was used by Amerivan GIs any more than it proves it was done with gasoline by Al Quieda , where do we get the reliable and unbiased witness?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
COPS is gleaned from police dept. footage. It seems to me that they specialize in making the proles look inarticulate, incompetent and, above all, stupid. It is basically the Jerry Springer version of a cop show. I rarely watch it because it is infuriating and makes me feel embarrassed that I am wasting my time watching it.

Lots of students think it is funny, for some reason.