Author Topic: Why is it nobody commented on Obama's 2006 donations?  (Read 5759 times)

crocat

Why is it nobody commented on Obama's 2006 donations?
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »
I am amazed that his donation's went unspoken about.

While Michelle is giving away our Pie... it look's like theirs is going exactly where they want it too... I would be embarrassed to claim a donation to the black caucus or to some dance troupe.

While I donate to good causes, I usually don't take the deductions because it is often not worth (with my piddly pay) the time and effort.  I also donated quite a bit for animal welfare because unlike those raping and pillaging the welfare roll, animals really do need some help when natural catastrophes strike.

richpo64

Re: Why is it nobody commented on Obama's 2006 donations?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »
The media isn't talking about anything. Journalism officially died in 2008

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »
The media isn't talking about anything. Journalism officially died in 2008

So sayeth his lord, Sean Hannity.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
So sayeth his lord, Sean Hannity.

Chris and Keith all ready to chair the MSNBC Election Night frolics?

Ooops that right, they were bounced because they couldn't even manage a minimum facade of journalistic impartiality.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:11:36 PM »
I can't help but recall Tee' perseverating over the parable of lady giving so much of herself to the church/charity, compared to "the rich", and last time I checked, compared to what Palin & McCain made, income wise, they've both given 30+% of their incomes to charity, for years.  Before Obama became the big wig nominee, he and his wife gave squat % wise, to charity.  And we really don't want to discuss Biden and the % they give to charities compared to their income

But does this get ANY news??  naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
Chris and Keith all ready to chair the MSNBC Election Night frolics?

Ooops that right, they were bounced because they couldn't even manage a minimum facade of journalistic impartiality.

Clearly, you don't listen to Hannity.  Sadly, I do.  And at least once while I'm listening will say, "I've been saying for some time now that 2008 is the year that journalism died in America".

I often wonder if he considers anyone on FOX a "journalist". 

richpo64

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
Despite your lack of concern, this really is the death of journalism in this country. There's no excuse for the lack of professional ethic the major media has shown during this election. It's a crime.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
Clearly, you don't listen to Hannity.  Sadly, I do.  And at least once while I'm listening will say, "I've been saying for some time now that 2008 is the year that journalism died in America".

So are disputing the accuracy of the statement or are you slamming it because Hannity said it?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
Despite your lack of concern, this really is the death of journalism in this country. There's no excuse for the lack of professional ethic the major media has shown during this election. It's a crime.

================================
You have Faux News and Rupert Murdoch is richer than God Awmighty.

I fail to see what you are bitching about. There are plenty of people yammering away at how clever and well-qualified even Palin is.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »

So are disputing the accuracy of the statement or are you slamming it because Hannity said it?

Both.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »
Notice the standard deflection effort.......when MSM bias is highlighted for all to see, pull out, Fox (& folks like Hannity), and throw in WSJ, as if that's all there is to the MSM.  All the while ignoring ABC, CBS, NBC, all their cable offshoots, NYT, Washington Post, LA Times, in otherwords, ALL the other big names, and you'll note how the criticism of bias seems to be consistently diverted and aimed at a tiny minority

A weak, if not transparent, deflection effort at best
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 06:58:07 PM »
Now lets see. We're fighting two wars. The economy is further in the tank then at any time since the great depression. But, the Republicans are having trouble during this election cycle because of the "MSM"?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »
the Republicans are having trouble during this election cycle because of the "MSM"?

================
The reality is that the people the Republicans really support amount to about 3% of the population. These folks could give a crap about religion, abortion or other cultural issues, but they manipulate the lumpenproletariat with very effective advertising into supporting their greed, wars, weapons and dangle the hope of becoming bazillionaires before them.

At the moment, no amount of advertising is adequate to portray the nekkid emperor as anything but nekkid. So they blae it on reality, as portrayed by the "msm".
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
Let's add the clarity now:
Economy is in the tank due to ineffective oversight the GOP tried to bring to bear on the Housing industry that the Democrats blocked at every turn (NOT reported by the MSM)
Economy is bad, but no where near the levels of the Great depression, (NOT reported by the MSM)
Obama's connections with an obvious racist and anti-american domestic terrorist (RARELY reported, but Palin's wardrobe gets 24/7 coverage for days)
Unemployment #'s were at record lows almost entire Bush Presidency (NOT reported by the MSM)
Surge HAS worked, and violence is down exponentially in Iraq (NOT reported by the MSM)
Nearly every Iraqi Benchmark has been achieved (NOT reported by the MSM)
Commanders on the ground in Iraq, indicating Iraq near point of being able to pull major combat troops out (NOT reported by the MSM)
No attacks by any terrorists on U.S. soil, since 911 (NOT reported by the MSM)

I could go on, and on, and on, but siffice to say, the real bias is again not what's reported, which is ususally negative when McCain or Palin are the subject compared to Obama, but what's NOT reported

The MSM isn't the only reason, but it's a HUGE reason.  Add to that the complete disregard for fiscal discipline that the GOP had which got them their prior majority status, and there's your primary source of "trouble this election cycle" for the GOP

BSB

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 07:26:55 PM »
There isn't one thing that you claim the MSM didn't report, that they didn't report. They reported everyone of those things. And I repeat, the economy is further in the tank then at any time since the great depression.