Author Topic: Why is it nobody commented on Obama's 2006 donations?  (Read 5761 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why is it nobody commented on Obama's 2006 donations?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 07:38:34 PM »
The point is to what extent B.  Front page 24/7 wardrobe news on Palin vs 15th page section C, 2nd paragraph from the bottom regarding Iraqi benchmarks being made is the point.  Perseverating everything negative as it relates to McCain while giving a nearly complete pass on Obama's negatives is the point.  and I repeate the economy isn't NEAR to the equivilent levels of the great depression, no thanks to the Democrats in DC, and Washington in General

And this isn't an opinion, AP came out with a report (that happens to validate others also made) that concedes the overwhelming bias given positively for Obama & negatively for McCain.  It's overwhelming in its transparency.  ONLY Fox, of all the major leading New sites/Reporting of NEWS (read NOT, op-eds), had few slighty higher % of positive McCain stories to positive Obama stories.  All the others were running NEWS stories that were largely 75% positive for Obama, compared to only 25% positive for McCain.  I believe CBS was the worst in thier bias.  We won't even touch on MSNBC
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »
The Republicans are in trouble because they never learned how to be the Majority Party in the House and Senate.

The economy might be in trouble on Wall Street but i haven't seen real evidence of it on my main street. Even the contractors are busy.

And yes the MSM is in the bag. Statistics of positive vs negative stories concerning the candidates bear that story out.

But that is not the main reason the GOP will lose snate and house seats. The reason is that we are shifting from a foreign policy emphasis to a domestic emphasis, infrastructure, health care, veterans affairs, education. People are looking to the mommy party.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 07:54:50 PM »
Both.

What is the predominate source of your news?

TV
Radio
Newspapers
Blogs or Aggregators like Drudge, Huffpo or Kos
Forums

BSB

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 08:18:46 PM »
Sirs and BT, you aren't reading the tea leaves correctly.

Just to touch on a few things. McCain was probably the only known Republican that could have won this election, but only if it had been held in 2000. He couldn't break with Bush this time out. In fact this is really the second time Bush has defeated McCain.

As for economy. I don't know what's going on where you live BT, but it's effecting my main street in a major way. Car dealers are closing. Resturants are in trouble. Stores are empty. People lost money in the markets. Etc., etc. And it isn't going to get better for a long time.

On the notion of a mommy state vs foreign policy? The world will decide how much emphisis we can place where, and the money won't be there for any pet domestic projects.

I had another thought. I can't think of it. Later maybe.   

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 08:29:22 PM »
Car dealers are closing. Restaurants are in trouble. Stores are empty. People lost money in the markets. Etc., etc. And it isn't going to get better for a long time.

Car dealers come and go and they live on financing, again a Wall Street Issue. The restaurant biz is fickle. Chains may be in trouble but the mom and pop diners and mexican restaurants are doing fine. People have lost money in the market before. The trick is to ride it out.

New homes are down, but remodels are up. I disagree ha McCain was the only Repub who could have won this election. If it turns on the economy , Romney would have been the winner no contest. I still don't see what Obama brings to the economic table.

BSB

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »
Okay.....

Don't say I didn't worn you.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »

Just to touch on a few things. McCain was probably the only known Republican that could have won this election, but only if it had been held in 2000. He couldn't break with Bush this time out. In fact this is really the second time Bush has defeated McCain.

As for economy. I don't know what's going on where you live BT, but it's effecting my main street in a major way. Car dealers are closing. Resturants are in trouble. Stores are empty. People lost money in the markets. Etc., etc. And it isn't going to get better for a long time.

Actually, I think Romney could have taken it. The economic issue would have played to his strengths, whereas both McCain and Obama appear to be equally clueless on economic matters.

Of course, the economy surfaced as an issue just late enough to not to be a factor in the nomination, and early enough to be a factor in the election. Bad timing for the Pubies, all the way around.

Anyway, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. I'll probably going to have to eat these words in the morning, but I'm still not ready to declare McCain down for the count yet.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »
Okay.....

Don't say I didn't worn you.

Warn me about what?

BSB

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 10:06:11 PM »
Are you all there?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
Yeah, you?

Warn me that the economy will go bad on my main street? That Obama will win? What?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
In the coming year the press will not have reason to exaggerate problems , so the tention will let up , even if there is no real economic change.

With the President and the press on the same team the reporting is going to be rosy.

BSB

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »
It looks to me like you've been asleep for the past couple of years. I don't want to debate anybody who's defenceless. When you catch up on the news let me know and we'll continue the debate.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 10:58:46 PM »
Hmm.

Insults masquerading as non answers.

I thought my question was a simple one.

Perhaps not.

Cynthia

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 11:06:29 PM »

On the notion of a mommy state vs foreign policy? The world will decide how much emphisis we can place where, and the money won't be there for any pet domestic projects.

I had another thought. I can't think of it. Later maybe.   

D.

What do you think is the cause of the economic state of streets...as I see that in my town, as well.

I just had my hair done tonight, and there was a new hairdresser working there. She is black, from Atlanta. She told me that she has to communte to Georgia from NM!! to make ends meet. I find that sad. .. but, oddly enough I believed her.

I wonder if it's that damn war that has gotten us into such an economic state of bad affairs.

Clinton downsized the military might years ago, and created a way so many "poorer" Americans could afford loans.

I am just curious as to who is really the...what is really...the cause of our woes. \

Hang in there...you points are well taken and we want to hear from you.

Cindy

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »

I am just curious as to who is really the...what is really...the cause of our woes. \

If it were only that easy. But I think it's the cumulative effects of lots of bad decisions made over a long, long period of time. A little of this and a little of that. And mostly, a failure to recognize the world as it is, rather than as we'd like it to be. Not much to be done now besides wait for the whole house of cards to fall apart, and start over again, sadder but hopefully wiser.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke