Author Topic: Terrorists hit hard  (Read 6793 times)

Cynthia

Terrorists hit hard
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:22:22 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/26/india.attacks/index.html

There but for the grace of God go some of my own relatives.

My brother-in-law has traveled to the region for the US gov. ...he and his team have stayed in the very hotel that was targeted.
So scary. I walked into their home tonight to embrace my new baby nephew the day before Thanksgiving...and I was met with stunned faces --- eyes glued to the television. Come to find out that the terrorist are calculated and once again targeting Americans. They aren't just "tourists". Many of them work for our own Government.

What's frightening is that there are many similar locations throughout the world.

Unfortunately, one of those Americans is my sister's husband. ( and used to be my own sis, but she has "retired" to have her precious babies)
She and her husband have traveled for the DOEnergy to Russia, Indonesia and Egypt. He still travels. God, I hope that focus in his job takes a back seat.

This is not something to take lightly.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:24:31 AM by Cindy »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Terrorists hit hard
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:25:01 AM »
When I travel, I avoid tourist hotels and anything in a tall building.
=======================================================

What the point is of staying in a large lookalike hotel with American prices and nothing typical of the place one is visiting beats Hell outta me.

Like the people who go on cruise ships mostly to go shopping and overeat and then come back with great pretensions of being world travelers. I suppose it's what they like, and they can have it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 11:54:04 AM »

Picture of the Week

The Religion of Peace  is changing lives in Mumbai, India this week,
where 101 innocents have been blasted or shot to death, 300 injured
and about 40 tourists taken hostage - all in the name of Islam

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »
You can blame Islam if you want to, but Islam says nothing about this sort of stuff. These are the actions of some severely warped individuals who happen to be Muslims.

Blaming this on Islam is like blaming Auschwitz on Jesus.

Cynthia

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
You can blame Islam if you want to, but Islam says nothing about this sort of stuff. These are the actions of some severely warped individuals who happen to be Muslims.

Blaming this on Islam is like blaming Auschwitz on Jesus.

Terrorism is just plain evil.
Evil does not belong to any one group...and it belongs to all groups.  :(

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:42 PM »
and you can go on living in total political correct fantasy land and pretend these almost daily terror attacks like we just saw in India and all over the globe are somehow not connected to Islam. When reality is very clear that these people are targeting innocent civilians with these horrible attacks and their primary motivation is their religion which is Islam.

Cynthia

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 11:41:57 PM »
and you can go on living in total political correct fantasy land and pretend these almost daily terror attacks like we just saw in India and all over the globe are somehow not connected to Islam. When reality is very clear that these people are targeting innocent civilians with these horrible attacks and their primary motivation is their religion which is Islam.

You need to step out of the box in which you live, C4. No way. It's not based on Islam. It's based on crazy fanatical mentally ill minds......who literally are not of this world.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:12:39 AM »
"You need to step out of the box in which you live, C4"

You need to step in to reality and quit holding political correctness on a higher pedestal than the truth.

No way. It's not based on Islam. It's based on crazy fanatical mentally ill minds......who literally are not of this world.

It is a fact that there are daily headlines of terror attacks targeting innocent civilians by people who freely admit
their primary motivation is their religion which is Islam. Governemnts all over the world are spending billions of
dollars to defend their citizens from this threat aimed at "infidels". (non-Muslims)

Islam has a MAJOR MAJOR problem within in it's midst of people using Islam as a motivation to kill innocent
civilans all over the world. To pretend that there is no connection with Islam is to deny reality.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:43 AM »
How do the perpetrators of these acts start thinking that they are serveing Islam by makeing these killings?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 12:29:21 AM »
Why Mumbai?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »
I understand that there is a large fraction of Packistanis who blame all of the problems they are haveing with the Taliban and USA on India.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 01:31:36 AM »
Is it to anyone's advantage to have India and Pakistan in the midst of a flare up?

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 02:08:16 AM »
Why Mumbai?

Perhaps because their intelligence sucks? A weak spot in worldwide security with plenty of tourists?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 10:49:16 AM »
Perhaps because their intelligence sucks? A weak spot in worldwide security with plenty of tourists?

Perhaps India has it's own version of PNAC. Perhaps India's Prime Minister has an agenda they want enacted that would require a Pearl Harbor type event  to get the people behind it.

Or perhaps the opposition party wanted to hamstring the current administration by casting blame on them foralllowing this to happen on their watch.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »
Is it to anyone's advantage to have India and Pakistan in the midst of a flare up?

================================
Al Qaeda's main focus is in instigating chaos. In what two countries could chaos get moe people's bowels in an uproar?

Of course, since Hindus and other non-Muslims control India, and they greatly outnumber Muslims there, it is unlikely to be an eventual advantage of Muslims.