Author Topic: Open letter to the Left  (Read 9238 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Open letter to the Left
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 10:34:59 AM »
Ending SS is not "solving the problem".  

Actually, that'd be a lie, Brass.  SS is in need of serious fixing.  Care to show me where Bush and the right was trying to "end it" outright?  

Allowing price collusion amongst the oil companies is not really indicative of a "fix".  

Another lie.  Investigation after investigation, after congressional hearing after congressional hearing concluded NO COLLUSION

Making Medicare more confusing and adding cost to the elderly is not what I would consider making Medicare better.

Actually we had a bipartisan group of folks assigned to look into areas that could be fixed, and the only thing that happened was that Bush stole the Dem "fix" by adding the Rx drug program on top of it

In order to solve the problem of the deficit, it helps if you don't create one out of the highest surplus in history

And advocating the removal of tax cuts that spurred some serious shrinking of the deficit doesn't "solve the problem" either

And conducting Terror and then pretending to conduct a War on Terror is just insane

And that last one falls into the realm of Brass-land gibberish.  But I do thank you for helping make my point.  
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »
Il is the ruler of a country of millions.  They should be allowed to follow their own path.  If they fear their neighbors then they should be allowed to defend themselves.  We do it.  We've attacked another country just for kicks.  Why can't they?  What moral authority grants us the right to kill over half a million people just because we can?

Andy Rooney illogic rationalized & personified   
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2006, 10:47:06 AM »
Answer me this.  What gives you the right to decide something for a whole 'nother country?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2006, 11:13:38 AM »
Answer me this.  What gives you the right to decide something for a whole 'nother country?

When that whole 'nother country is being run by a ruthless insane dictator, and the only "something" were referring to are his nukes.   And perhaps you missed the part where it's not just us evil Americans trying to tell Il what to do regarding his nukes.  Try the UN.  Try the Global community is attempting to get Il to listen to what they're trying to say.

So, you indeed support the idea that asylum inmates be allowed to carry guns?  It's only fair, right?  They have to be able to defend themselves.  Heck, so do hard core criminals, right?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:39:10 AM by sirs »

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
Yep, sold well over a million copies. Want one? I'll buy it and ship it to you...Or, I've got one or two at home.

No thanks. Originally Lindsey (or Carlson, whomever was the real author) indicated that 1988 was the date of the rapture, but it seems that the timeline has been revised. I don't put much stock in dispensationalism. Lindsey is no different than William Miller.

Thanks for the offer though. I've never understood why some Christians are so obsessed with the end times.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2006, 12:28:35 PM »
After WWII overthrown governments were started over or started from scratch all over Europe and Asia.

But each one had less outside interference than Iraq does.

Japan and South Korea have turned out pretty well , too bad about France.

If Iraq can't do better than France shall I call it all a failure?

First of all, there are a great deal of Koreans who were seriously harmed by the dictatorship of South Korea who would likely disagree that France was a "failure."

Each one had less outside interference? Are you serious? The Koreas had less interference than Iraq? Greece had less outside interference than Iraq? Germany had less outside interference than Iraq? Indonesia, Chile, Malaysia? Apologies, but I'm calling bullshit on this one.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2006, 07:33:16 PM »
Plane,

Ill is the ruler of a country of millions.  They should be allowed to follow their own path.  If they fear their neighbors then they should be allowed to defend themselves.

We do it.  We've attacked another country just for kicks.  Why can't they?  What moral authority grants us the right to kill over half a million people just because we can?

Because we have more bombs?

Kim Ill Jung is ruler because he has the guns , this is the extent of his legitimacy .

We have more of that same legitimacy than he does.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »
In order to solve the problem of the deficit, it helps if you don't CREATE ONE out of the highest surplus in history."

Well this is not true at all , but you would have to do a small amount of math to provbe it.

Take any year in the last twenty that the government showed a "surplus" , during that year you will find that there was a national debt nearly as large as the previous year , Clinton did very little to pay down the Debt and squandered the oppurtunity .

Also....

Take any one of those years "surplus" in tax receipts , subtract the Social Security tax recipt and vollia! same sort of deficit as any other year.

Social Security should never have been stolen and given to the general fund where it enabled the government to grow like crazy without justifying anything.

Social security Tax recipts peaked during the Clinton era , this would have happened for anyone .