Author Topic: Hopenchange takes a bath at the polls...  (Read 611 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hopenchange takes a bath at the polls...
« on: August 26, 2008, 01:22:36 PM »
Looks like the more people get to know Hopenchange, the less they like him. From Rasmussen:

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Email a Friend Email to a Friend
Advertisement

The Democratic National Convention has begun and the poll numbers are bouncing, but not in the direction that most people anticipated.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Barack Obama attracting 44% of the vote while John McCain also earns 44%. When "leaners" are included, it?s still tied with Obama at 46% and McCain at 46%. Yesterday, with leaners, Obama had a three-point advantage over McCain

If he's tanking even at the coronation, you can stick a fork in him. He's done.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hopenchange takes a bath at the polls...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 02:24:48 PM »
He'll get the typical 6 to 8 point bounce. A tracking poll will lag a little. The bounce will fade, of course.

Still, things look pretty good for Democrats, especially at the House and Senate level. Link

I can definitely see a McCain victory, especially considering his across the aisle appeal. The problem (for the GOP) is that he won't bring those voters across the aisle for the Republican Party in the other elections. I think that Bush has really damaged the party in a lot of profound ways with the people. We saw that in 2006 and it will really hit home in 2008. I don't expect to see very many Bushies or neocons out on the stump at all. They may still play well at a few $5K a plate dinners for the insiders, but I'd bet that McCain keeps a tight hold on their leashes.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Hopenchange takes a bath at the polls...
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 03:07:17 PM »
Considering that the majority of new dems in congress were of the Heath Shuler bent, i would think the GOP has a decent chance of pickng up a seat or two. depends on who the run, and who they are runnng against.