Author Topic: the problem the democrats have, kooks in their own party  (Read 1868 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
the problem the democrats have, kooks in their own party
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:54:45 PM »

view this short video of leftwing kooks shouting down harry reid and nancy pelosi

harry reid tells them to "be quiet"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FHwJdUyj0

after over a 100 days in control of congress and no major democratic legislation passed

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: the problem the democrats have, kooks in their own party
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 05:01:15 PM »
So, ChristiansUnited4LessGvt, when do we get to see your arguments for less government?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »
So, ChristiansUnited4LessGvt, when do we get to see your arguments for less government?

From a biblical perspective?

Prophets before Samuel were against Israel haveing a King , they seemed to prefer a decentralised sort of management with a simple set of rules standard across the nation.

Samuel annointed kings as if to placate a stoubborn people who were begging God for a king while God advised that they were better off without one.

This is the impression I get from the Old Testiment.

Along with the fact that Kings are generally bloody handed tyrants in any time or place.

In the New Testiment Jesusm seems to encourage submission to duly appointed authority , but by the manner of his death demonstrated that such authority can be wrong.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 05:59:34 PM »

That was not a requirement. I'm just wondering when the person using the handle ChristiansUnited4LessGvt intends to stop taking juvenile swipes at the Democrats and start making arguments for less government, as their handle suggests.

Plane, I know you answered, but I don't believe you're ChristiansUnited4LessGvt. The posts doesn't seem like your style. Unless there is something you're hiding.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
    In the New Testiment Jesusm seems to encourage submission to duly appointed authority , but by the manner of his death demonstrated that such authority can be wrong.

WRONG?

If Jesus had been given 10 to 20 with time of for good behavior, and got out after five on probation, would this have been more effective for Christianity?

Wasn't the crucifixion fated and inevitable since the beginning of time?

If not, please explain. You are confusing us here.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:42:37 AM »
Once again, Xavier, you've missed the point.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »

Prophets before Samuel were against Israel haveing a King , they seemed to prefer a decentralised sort of management with a simple set of rules standard across the nation.

Samuel annointed kings as if to placate a stoubborn people who were begging God for a king while God advised that they were better off without one.

This is the impression I get from the Old Testiment.

Along with the fact that Kings are generally bloody handed tyrants in any time or place.

Well, I guess I must come clean.

I AM Christians4lessgovt.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »
Once again, Xavier, you've missed the point.
===============================
What was the point, according to you?

Everyone in the crucifixion story did exactly what God supposedly always knew they would do since forever. He had created a world in which only this scenario could have taken place.

And it did.

That is MY point. What is yours?

Jesus was very obscure about what sort of government he wanted.
He didn't seem to like the Romans, he never offered any strong opposition to slavery, and he was definitely against the trading of money in the Temple. He stated that everyone should give everything to the poor and follow him.

Strangely, there aren't even any legends about whom the disciples gave their stuff to, and the results of these donations.

I am gonna venture the thought that Jesus was not an economist.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."