Author Topic: socialized medicine  (Read 3475 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
socialized medicine
« on: July 27, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

gipper

Re: socialized medicine
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 03:13:25 PM »
Iraq is OUR mess? Immigration reform is OUR mess? That's why you, newcomer, have no credibility whatsoever. May I suggest getting with the tenor of the (very often quality) debate, or else high-tail it to confines where idiocy reigns.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 03:38:41 PM »
Hey, I came clean a few days ago that I am this newcomer, just in a different guise.

Hey, if Sirs can post cartoons, we all can, correct?

The cartoon may actually be indicating that Democrats think they can "fix" this horrible Iraqi situation and then will move on to the Immigration Problem.

Since I, personally, have seen no such panacea solutions about the latter issue from EITHER party, I postulate the Democrats are living in Fantasy Land. "Look Boss, the plane, the plane!"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:41:58 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:40:08 PM »
yes iraq is a big government caused mess
yes immigration is big government caused mess
yes education is a big government mess
yes SS will go broke if not fixed and thus a big government mess
and yes turning over our medical care to the same entity will be a mess

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:43:12 PM »
yes iraq is a big government caused mess
yes immigration is big government caused mess
yes education is a big government mess
yes SS will go broke if not fixed and thus a big government mess
and yes turning over our medical care to the same entity will be a mess

I concur. What is/are your solution(s) to these issues then?
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 04:09:08 PM »
profesor my solution to these issues must be brief due to work obligations:

mind you,there are no 100% perfect solution to most problems

iraq solution: inform iran if support/weapons are not stopped by Sept 1st the US will be begin bombing iranian military facilities kosevo style until the flow of iranian weapons and funds killing us soldiers, killing british soldiers, and iraqi soldiers stops. same exact treatment to syria.

immigration: build a 30 foot tall concrete wall, 10 feet thick, 3 stories deep.(it's worked in Isreal) if we can land on the moon, we can build the wall. let everyone stay that is curently here since we supposedly need them for the work no one else will do, just stop the bleeding or in other words cut off the huge influx where no more can come unless they come legally.

education: phase in voucher system - which is basically what our college system is - and our colleges are best in world

SS: phase in optional privatization

healthcare: stop covering illegals except emergency life/death, they are flooding and overwhelming our hospital emergency rooms, also phase in medical savings accounts - means test required health insurance much like required car insurance - uninsured people that make certain income would have medical insurance garnished just like child support. people that can afford health insurance and choose to not buy it then run to the public hospitals should be stopped. some people choose a new car or bigscreen tv and then claim "oh i cant afford health insurance".

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 04:22:19 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »

I postulate the Democrats are living in Fantasy Land.

Perhaps, but then, you're the one apparently carrying on a conversation with yourself.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
Perhaps I am bipolar or schzichofrenic or looney. Kinda like playing chess with yourself. Ever done that?
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »
Perhaps I am bipolar or schzichofrenic or looney. Kinda like playing chess with yourself. Ever done that?

I doubt carrying on a conversation between your own two 3DHS identities, who are apparently in agreement, qualifies as being like playing chess with yourself. If your other identity was, for example, Yellow Crane, then you'd have something.

By the way, you're not helping your credibility by suggesting you might be loony. Though I'm sure Michael Tee appreciates it.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

yellow_crane

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »

I doubt carrying on a conversation between your own two 3DHS identities, who are apparently in agreement, qualifies as being like playing chess with yourself. If your other identity was, for example, Yellow Crane, then you'd have something.

By the way, you're not helping your credibility by suggesting you might be loony. Though I'm sure Michael Tee appreciates it.

I always play chess backwards.

My first move is checkmate.

From then on, I chase you back until you are only two rows on your end of the board.

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »
Intriguing....maybe I will try it.
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
Perhaps, but then, you're the one apparently carrying on a conversation with yourself.

I don't think the Professor said he was ChristiansUnited4LessGvt. I believe he might have said he was of like mind.

Perhaps the Professor would like to clarify his statement.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »
<<Hey, I came clean a few days ago that I am this newcomer, just in a different guise.>>

I was going to post that I missed your coming clean, but then I saw BT's post.  How come you post in two names at the same time, Professor?  Just curious.  One other poster did that a while back, and I forget what his explanation was.

fatman

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2007, 09:20:57 AM »
means test required health insurance much like required car insurance - uninsured people that make certain income would have medical insurance garnished just like child support. people that can afford health insurance and choose to not buy it then run to the public hospitals should be stopped

There is a major difference between health insurance and auto insurance: auto insurance, in a way, is an optional purchase.  If a person chooses not to drive a car, then that person doesn't need to carry auto insurance.  In your postulation, anyone who is alive and breathing would be required to purchase health insurance.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 09:39:13 AM »
There is a major difference between health insurance and auto insurance: auto insurance, in a way, is an optional purchase.  If a person chooses not to drive a car, then that person doesn't need to carry auto insurance.  In your postulation, anyone who is alive and breathing would be required to purchase health insurance.

Actually, he specifically said that if you choose to not purchase health insurance, then you will be barred from public hospitals. Nothing stops you from going to a private hospital and paying for your health care.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)