Author Topic: All right , call it "marrage" and be gay monogamous  (Read 2768 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: All right , call it "marrage" and be gay monogamous
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
That does not address the issue of why it is forbidden to wear clothes of mixed fibers. The possible materials then were cotton, linen and wool. I suppose that camel hair, goat hair and sheep's wool were available. 

And of course, if all  the kosher laws make so bloody much sense, why did Paul decide to abolish them all at once? 
I am convinced that Paul simply saw that there was a far greater possibility of converting pagans  and other Gentiles, rather than Jews, who are very resistant to change in their religion. Jesus himself had practically no contact with anyone but other Jews.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »

And of course, if all  the kosher laws make so bloody much sense, why did Paul decide to abolish them all at once? 

I do not think it was Paul's idea , If you have to get knocked off your horse and struck blind to achieve a change of mind, you cannot claim to have been sensitive to new ideas later.

Abolishing the law is not exactly what happened , there is subtlety involved and the law still exists .
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+8%3A1-39&version=ESV

Also...
I think an over emphasis on the letter of the law was one of the disagreements Jesus had with the Pharisee.

http://biblehub.com/luke/11-46.htm

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2014, 09:46:36 PM »
The law may still exist, but Paul, James (Jesus' brother) and Peter argued about this for quite a while, Paul says that the laws need not be obeyed.
Jesus said that healing people on the Sabbath did not violate the commandment about keeping the Sabbath holy.

I think that Paul had an obsessive personality and actually felt that his mission was to snare the maximum number of converts. He was very, very good at it. But charisma is one thing and does not mean that God actually spoke to him. He just heard voices. Obsessed people have been hearing voices since forever.

I do not doubt Paul's sincerity. L just think he was full of crap.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."