Author Topic: For those with military background  (Read 9808 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: For those with military background
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2007, 10:16:42 AM »
Yet you have no interest in why this special organization was set up to pass unvetted intelligence information to the administration?

Perhaps the administration felt that there were competing agendas at the CIA and felt a fresh look at the raw data might be helpful.

Not like the CIA hasn't acted independently of the WH previously.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2007, 01:49:15 AM »

So you don't know why Rumsfeld would create an organisation within the CIA to send unvetted intelligence to the administration, just on Iraq?

Hmmmmmm....

Might getting unvetted iformation be a good idea?

I can imagin the -vetter- haeing practicly the power of the presidency in his ability to filter the presidents knoledge .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2007, 08:03:13 AM »
<<Might getting unvetted iformation be a good idea?>>

You can see for yourself.  Was it?  Do you interpret your own X-rays?

(Disclaimer:  I don't for a moment accept that the "President" was the victim of "bad intel."  The fact is, he, or more accurately, the powerful interests represented by this clown and his entourage, had already determined, well before 9-11, to invade Iraq for reasons totally unrelated to WMD or the "war on terrorism" and were not really in need of any information on Iraq - - what they were really looking for was excuses to do what they had already determined had to be done.  And they stacked the deck to make sure that's exactly what they would get.)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »
<<Might getting unvetted iformation be a good idea?>>

You can see for yourself.  Was it?  Do you interpret your own X-rays?

(Disclaimer:  I don't for a moment accept that the "President" was the victim of "bad intel."  The fact is, he, or more accurately, the powerful interests represented by this clown and his entourage, had already determined, well before 9-11, to invade Iraq for reasons totally unrelated to WMD or the "war on terrorism" and were not really in need of any information on Iraq - - what they were really looking for was excuses to do what they had already determined had to be done.  And they stacked the deck to make sure that's exactly what they would get.)

I don't guess you need any evidence to have faith in this vision.

But are you really saying that this entire discussion is moot to you?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »
I don't for a moment accept that the "President" was the victim of "bad intel."  The fact is, he, or more accurately, the powerful interests represented by this clown and his entourage, had already determined, well before 9-11, to invade Iraq for reasons totally unrelated to WMD or the "war on terrorism" and were not really in need of any information on Iraq - - what they were really looking for was excuses to do what they had already determined had to be done.  And they stacked the deck to make sure that's exactly what they would get.).....It didn't suddenly become moot, it was always a non-starter for me

And thus EVERYTHING must fit this template, including all facts & official conclusions to the contrary
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:46:27 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2007, 12:43:45 PM »
<<I don't guess you need any evidence to have faith in this vision.>>

Bad guess.  You need evidence to support just about any belief, with the possible exception of belief in God.

<<But are you really saying that this entire discussion is moot to you?>>

"Moot" isn't the right word.  It describes an issue that has already been decided, often during the course of the argument - - do we eat tonight at Harvey's or the Burger King?  Moot point: Harvey's just burnt down. 

I'm just saying, the whole premise that Bush & Co. were the victims of bad intel is laughable bullshit, but that even granting your premise for the sake of argument, it would have been as idiotic for anyone to attempt to make sense of unfiltered, raw intelligence data as it would be to try to interpret one's own X-rays.  Particularly in the case of someone whose intellectual capacities are as questionable as your "President's."

I think "moot" implies that the issue at one point was genuinely debatable - - was Bush the victim of "bad intel" or not? - - but I don't concede that that was ever a genuine issue for debate.  It didn't suddenly become moot, it was always a non-starter for me.