Author Topic: The measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless  (Read 24109 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The measure of a decent human being is how he or she treats the defenseless
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »
Sorry you have to be BORN to be a person. You have to hatch to be a chicken or a turtle or whatever.

Rich women can always get safe and effective abortions, anyway.

No.
Your attitude is antique.

No offense ment.

But for many years ,perfectly normal persons defended the notion that you had to be WHITE to be a person. This, in a strictly logical sense, is indefensable, but defend it they did.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=100-years-ago-presidential-letter

Patents
 “From inquiries repeatedly made of us as to who are the legitimate owners of inventions issued under various circumstances, a few items of information under this head will interest our inventor readers at least. In regard to inventions made by slaves, it has been the practice of the Patent Office to reject such applications, as they are considered legally incompetent alike to receive the patent and to transfer their interest to others. In reference to free colored men, we believe them also to be incompetent to receive a patent, as under the United States Laws they are not regarded as citizens, and could not therefore defend a patent against infringers in the United States courts.”
 The Dred Scott decision of 1857 that legalized this situation was nullified by the Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth amendments to the Constitution.

BSB

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2013, 03:31:55 AM »
"Has someone really proven that there is no pain for the fetus to feel as he/she is pulled apart ?"

Momentary, if at all, vs. the pain of being an unloved child, which goes on for an entire lifetime.  Only the extraordinarily selfish can't see that.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2013, 04:33:54 AM »
Personally, I'll give the innocent child the benefit of the doubt, especially considering the many families that would perfectly wish to adopt and love them....for their entire lifetime

Only extraordinarily indecent can't see that

Sirs
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
personally, it's up to you ONLY if it is your fetus.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
The unborn child has no say and is the innocent being murdered, which is why others like me are fighting for it.  And since you & B demonstrate no compromising on this issue, I suppose I won't either.  It's a person at conception....period
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2013, 01:33:09 PM »
There could be some value in compromise , if it allowed something good to happen while the best is not possible.

But for the pro-Abortion the "best" is pretty much what they already have, have they any motive for compromise?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
The unborn child has no say and is the innocent being murdered, which is why others like me are fighting for it.  And since you & B demonstrate no compromising on this issue, I suppose I won't either.  It's a person at conception....period

Based on what authority, in a nation of laws, do you make this declaration?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »
sirs does not run this or any other country.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2013, 02:51:33 PM »

Based on what authority, in a nation of laws, do you make this declaration?

We've already been over the "legal" debate.  This position is merely a moral one, mine, based on the no compromise track the left is applying.

sirs does not run this or any other country.

Good thing then this has nothing to do with running the country, since I'd be scared to death at how trashed the likes of you and B would cause it to become, if the hard core left was running it

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »
Then don't get an abortion. Your moral authority doesn't extend beyond yourself.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »

If your logic is perfect.
Then no one has moral authority to have an abortion.
Certainly not to perform one.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »

If your logic is perfect.
Then no one has moral authority to have an abortion.
Certainly not to perform one.

I have never claimed my logic to be perfect.

But if the decision maker has the belief that the fetus has not achieved personhood, then using secular reasoning she is within her rights to make the decision that best serves her belief system. And that decision will weigh on her as much as the decision to give a child to adoption often weighs on the birth mother, or not.

When a fetus achieves personhood is debatable i say viability others say conception. And so it goes.

But as a male i don't believe i have the final say as to whether a woman aborts or not, even if it from my own seed. And i don't believe the government should be directly or indirectly funding this elective surgery in any way shape or form.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
Then don't get an abortion. Your moral authority doesn't extend beyond yourself.

So, in other words, I'm not allowed to voice an opinion on the matter.  Good to know where we stand here      ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2013, 10:14:39 PM »

So, in other words, I'm not allowed to voice an opinion on the matter.  Good to know where we stand here      ::)

Sure you are allowed to voice your opinion. And if you argument is persuasive to one expectant mother then good on you. But i don't believe your declarations carry any more weight than xo or b's opinion or mine, us being males and all. Because in the end, the decision is up to that mother and her conscience.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »
Strange how I never claimed my opinion came with such proclamations.  One wonders how you came to think so    :o