Author Topic: Now GI Joe can dump Barbie  (Read 928 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Now GI Joe can dump Barbie
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
Sarah Palin all dolled up

Action dolls have gone on sale of Sarah Palin who John McCain has chosen to be his Republican presidential running mate.

Two 12-inch dolls are on sale - Sarah Palin the Executive and Sarah Palin the Super Hero - from toy company Hero-builders for about ?16 each.

Sarah Palin the Executive is dressed in a formal business suit while Sarah the Super Hero sports a long black coat, white mini-skirt and a revolver strapped to a thigh.

Hero-builders founder Emil Vicale said: "I expect the the gun-toting doll will sell the better of the two. She's tough, she's a hunter, a real action hero."

They are designed to capitalise on Sarah Palin mania that has gripped Republicans after the electrifying speech by the self-confessed "hockey mom" at the party convention in St Paul, Minnesota.

Mr McCain was greeted by a crowd chanting "Sa-rah, Sa-rah!", "John Mc-Cain, John Mc-Cain!" and "U-S-A!"

Mrs Palin spelt out the McCain campaign plans to take on Obama Barack in the final 60 days before November's election.

The dolls are the latest in a line of American political candidates who have been immortalised including John McCain and Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3000388.html
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Now GI Joe can dump Barbie
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »
Turning politicians into action figure dolls is one of the most cringe-worthy concepts I've ever heard. Maybe if they marketed them as voodoo dolls, I'd buy a few....
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
Turning politicians into action figure dolls is one of the most cringe-worthy concepts I've ever heard. Maybe if they marketed them as voodoo dolls, I'd buy a few....

Amen to that. The first part, anyway.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:03:46 PM »
Just thought the Saracuda fans in here might like to know where they can get their very own little figurine, though the article did say they were also available as Obama, McCain and Hillary. I personally don't see any of them as action figures; I think of them more as bobbleheads, eternally nodding 'yes' to special interests and party lines.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:06:27 PM »
I think of them more as bobbleheads, eternally nodding 'yes' to special interests and party lines.

But they don't come in a bobblehead version. Perhaps there is an economic opportunity for someone to exploit here.

It is only a matter of time before some dolt is selling wristwatches in the pro- and anti- versions.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."