Author Topic: Alcee Hastings: "Sorry, haters, God is not finished with me yet"  (Read 1361 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Alcee Hastings: "Sorry, haters, God is not finished with me yet"
« on: November 28, 2006, 11:37:02 PM »
After meeting with House Speaker-elect Pelosi this afternoon, Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Fla., issued a statement confirming he will not serve as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. "I have been informed by the speaker-elect that I will not serve as the chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in the 110th Congress," he said. "I am obviously disappointed with this decision." Hastings won election to Congress in 1992, after having been impeached and removed from office as a federal judge. He concluded his statement by saying, "Sorry, haters, God is not finished with me yet."

-------------

This seems to be an odd thing for Judge Hastings to say, considering most Democrats and most of the liberal media were against him chairing the Intel committee.

This just illustrates more infighting and backstabbing within the Democrat Party. The Congressional Black Caucus already is pretty mad at Nancy Pelosi. They were pushing for Hastings pretty hard. This also seems like a hypocritical move by the Dems. If Hastings is ok to actually sit on the Intel committee, why can't he chair it?

God may not be finished with Hastings. But Pelosi threw him off the bus pretty fast.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Alcee Hastings: "Sorry, haters, God is not finished with me yet"
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 11:45:26 PM »
  It's not a matter of hate.   He knows what it's a matter of, and he didn't bring it up.   

God'll make a diamond of us someday, Lord Lord....   He isn't finished with me either, I dearly hope.

So let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and hope for peace on earth, and goodwill toward all men and women everywhere. 

Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 01:20:40 AM »
Judge Hastings is a fine upstanding member of the culture of Corruption , the best hope we have to pare such malefactors off of either party is the struggle between the partys.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 03:17:19 AM »
Smart Move

Pelosi rejects Hastings bid to head committee
Tue Nov 28, 2006

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida, impeached as a federal judge in 1989 on corruption charges, dropped his bid under pressure on Tuesday to chair a congressional panel designed to help protect America's security, a party aide said.

Hastings took the action after being told by Rep. Nancy Pelosi, in line to head the U.S. House of Representatives when the new Congress convenes in January, that she would not give him the coveted job, the aide said.

As House speaker, Pelosi decides who in her party serves on the committee that helps oversee federal efforts to protect the United States.

Last week, Hastings made a public plea for the post, arguing that despite being removed by Congress as a federal judge, he did nothing wrong and was cleared by a court of the corruption charges.

But Pelosi decided against picking Hastings for the chairmanship and told him at a private meeting. She has not yet decided who she will name instead, the aide said.

Hastings, a popular politician in Florida, was elected without opposition on November 7 to an eighth term in Congress.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2006-11-28T204055Z_01_N28275992_RTRUKOC_0_US-SECURITY-USA-CONGRESS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle