Author Topic: House of Death, sponsored by the "war on drugs"  (Read 4300 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: House of Death, sponsored by the "war on drugs"
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 01:16:33 AM »

The way to ensure the loyalty of a new member is to have him do something that  a Policeman can't.

If a killing is no longer enough , something better will have to be thought up.

So, are you for law enforcement allowing murders to occur unchecked as long as the murders help an informant or undercover guy stay on a case?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 09:58:45 AM »

The way to ensure the loyalty of a new member is to have him do something that  a Policeman can't.

If a killing is no longer enough , something better will have to be thought up.

So, are you for law enforcement allowing murders to occur unchecked as long as the murders help an informant or undercover guy stay on a case?

Is that what I said?

No it is more like I am interested in what is necessicery for a clandestine organisation to be run successfully.

The gang Boss has a two horned delemma , he needs growth , and he needs to restrict growth to people he can trust to never turn him in . A profitable gang will soon use up all of the bosses boyhood chums and he will have to recruit talented people that he has not known very long.

Some seem to cope with this by intimidateing the new guy , some by giveing a very blackmail worthy assignment ot him , either way a murder works well.

How to infiltrate the gangs of Colombia , Jamaca , Mexico and etc where murder is frequent?

I guess you just have to fight them without infiltrateing them , if you can't join in their pastimes.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 10:55:24 AM »
I'm sure it goes back further than that. And I'm sure the government regularly tells the news media what not to say, it just seems a shame that such would happen here.

==========================================================
On some occassions, the government telling the media what not to print can be justified. Usually an important detail of a crime is not reported, so that the only ones that would know it are the police and the perps. Often the perps will reveal this detail, believing that it was reported (the weapons used, the time or exact location of the crime are frequently unreported), and thus will give themselves away.

This is far different from the police refusing to report abuse of arrestees, torture, and the like.

Absolute rules are usually impossible to deal with. Descretion and logic must also be used.
The problem is the government often oversteps its limits.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."