Author Topic: Don't lie & say you are "behind the troops" when you ignore their heroism  (Read 11579 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Don't lie & say you are "behind the troops" when you ignore their heroism
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 10:43:29 PM »
When a judge orders a jury to disregard the previous testimony, odds are pretty good the jury doesn't follow the edict.

Move-on is well aware of this. So are all the other members of the great noise machine who poison the well and move on to the next big lie once the refutations come in.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 11:04:15 PM »
When a judge orders a jury to disregard the previous testimony, odds are pretty good the jury doesn't follow the edict.

Move-on is well aware of this. So are all the other members of the great noise machine who poison the well and move on to the next big lie once the refutations come in.

Can there be a noise machine constructed that can fight fire with fire?

Perhaps takeing on the lies it can find from both sides and not just refuteing them but branding the sorce indellibly with plenty of noise in the process.

I expect not , there is not  a side that always likes the truth.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 11:18:48 PM »
<<When a judge orders a jury to disregard the previous testimony, odds are pretty good the jury doesn't follow the edict.

<<Move-on is well aware of this. So are all the other members of the great noise machine who poison the well and move on to the next big lie once the refutations come in.>>

Yes, that's very true, BT.  For instance there are still citizens who believe the long-discredited  lies of the Bush administration, that Iraq was hiding WMD, that the U.S. was "threatened" by them, and that Saddam had a hand in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:57 AM »
Yes, that's very true, BT.  For instance there are still citizens who believe the long-discredited  lies of the Bush administration, that Iraq was hiding WMD, that the U.S. was "threatened" by them, and that Saddam had a hand in the Sept. 11 attacks.

You forgot a few. Long discredited lies like Bush stole the election, Congress never declared war on Iraq, black voters were disenfranchised in Florida, building 7 came down because of a controlled implosion, etc.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 12:22:54 AM »

<<You forgot a few. Long discredited lies like Bush stole the election, Congress never declared war on Iraq, black voters were disenfranchised in Florida, building 7 came down because of a controlled implosion, etc.>>

You can categorize them as long-discredited lies, that is your right.  However, very few sane and normal people would agree with you on most of them.  The average view of most sane and normal people on each of them is as follows:

Bush stole the election: true, except it was his handlers and backers who actually stole the election; Bush isn't smart enough.
Congress never declared war on Iraq:  . . .?  I don't THINK they did, but I'm open to persuasion otherwise.
Black voters were disenfranchised in Florida: proven beyond doubt
Building 7 came down because of controlled implosion:  who the fuck knows?  The only thing I'm sure about is Tower 1 and Tower 2 were hit by planes.

Glad we got THAT straightened out.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »
"that Iraq was hiding WMD"

no syria was/is
assad is on the way out
it may come out once assad, like Saddam, is dangling from a noose

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 01:30:27 AM »
All you fascist fruitbats think pretty much along the same lines, and your bullshit follows a pattern that hasn't changed much from the time of Josef Goebbels.  I can read you like a book.

LOL.....You go right ahead and stick with those comics Tee.  That's about as credible as you can get when trying to "read someone else"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 07:47:15 AM »
[snip]

As I said, there are still those who believe those long discredited lies.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:43 AM »
It tends to give him a vested interest in protecting his job and the people who pay him, wouldn't you think?

I would think that a universal attribute. Don't see what the amount of money he makes has to do with it.

Nor does where he dines have anything to do with his thought patterns.

For a guy who emphasizes a desire for a classless society you sure do emphasize class.

Where he dines is a metaphor for his distance from the subject at hand. O'Reilly portrays himself as someone who grew up without means and struggled for what he has (I used to listen to his radio show on occasion ;) ). Of course none of that is remotely close to being true.

Annual income doesn't determine one's class, it is an effect, not a cause. And yes, I do emphasize class...often. Class struggle exists. So long as it does, I'll absolutely discuss it. But, hopefully we will have a classless society one day that emphasizes social equality.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
<<LOL.....You go right ahead and stick with those comics Tee. >>

Who needs the comics when they can read your views on life and politics, sirs?  Comics did help me escape from reality a little bit, but reading you is like escaping to a whole other planet.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:28 AM »
<<Where he dines is a metaphor for his distance from the subject at hand. O'Reilly portrays himself as someone who grew up without means and struggled for what he has (I used to listen to his radio show on occasion Wink ). Of course none of that is remotely close to being true.>>

There was a chapter about this in Al Franken's Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Liar.  It was hilarious.