Author Topic: Auto Post  (Read 4498 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Auto Post
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 10:09:04 PM »
Is it a good idea?

Is it a bad idea?

And more importantly does, it interfere with your participation in this board?

I don't like it.

I don't know why I might like it.

I peruse the internet and when I find something I agree with or something I think is funny or neat or thought provoking or even just pretty , I want to show my friends.

Now and then when I am wandering through real life I run across something and catch myself wondering what Terra Gazelle or MT or Gannemede would think of it.

I like the whole internet as a resorce for research and entertainment , I like the 3DHS as a social gathering where I don't get the facts really, what I get is personal takes off the facts from people I am familliar with , I can't get that from Google.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 01:26:30 AM »
Distract? yes

How so?

Is the volume of posts the issue?

What happens if we quadruple active membership?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 01:31:27 AM »
The posts from quadruple memberships would be quadrupally personal, and not some automated generated volume of posts.

Is the reason you're using them, in threory, to provide more opportunities to respond, to more diverse topics?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »
Is the reason you're using them, in threory, to provide more opportunities to respond, to more diverse topics?

That would be a benefit, would it not?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 01:49:26 AM »
Yes, in theory.  In practical application, if you've noticed, nary a response to any of them.  As I said, for me at least, they're more of a distraction, since they don't seem to be coming from a particular poster, and what their thoughts are, on the subject.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 02:00:44 AM »
As I said, for me at least, they're more of a distraction, since they don't seem to be coming from a particular poster, and what their thoughts are, on the subject.

So your proposal is that there will be no more posting of articles without a bare minimum of comment to sanctify the submission? No more postings of news for consideration? What would the bare minimum comment requirement be? 50 words?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:23:46 AM by BT »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 02:13:44 AM »
LOL......BT, you can post whatever you like.  I simply prefer to read those that are personal and not automated, and thus far more likely to respond to those.  That's all

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:02 AM »
LOL......BT, you can post whatever you like.  I simply prefer to read those that are personal and not automated, and thus far more likely to respond to those.  That's all

So nothing has really changed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 03:26:29 AM »
As I said, it's merely a distraction, and explained how so

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2010, 07:04:52 AM »
The posts are conversation starters. Read and comment, or move on to the next thread. Seems pretty simply - I just delete them out of Google Reader.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »
Is the RoboPoster like a Autopost? All he, she or It does is post stuff like BT's Autoposts without making comments or replies. Also they don't respond to other posts. Is Robo kinda like a robot poster, a cybor poster, or some other object other than human?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 01:55:15 PM »
display counts for a lot in life
more than we sometimes realize
i think the "[auto-post]" icon pisses people off
rightly or wrongly it reeks of "impersonal".."automated"
but i understand the intention
and hey BT is trying new stuff
some of it will work...some of it may not
but give the guy some credit for trying to liven the place up
and it may still catch on...lets give it a chance
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
Is the RoboPoster like a Autopost? All he, she or It does is post stuff like BT's Autoposts without making comments or replies. Also they don't respond to other posts. Is Robo kinda like a robot poster, a cybor poster, or some other object other than human?

figured it out: it's BT
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:52:59 PM by Kramer »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 04:08:11 AM »
What MT thinks of an issue might be more interesting than the bare facts.

"       XO    "     "      "     "      "      "      "    "         "        "        "    "  .

"       sirs    "     "      "     "      "      "      "    "         "        "        "    "  .
"       UP    "     "      "     "      "      "      "    "         "        "        "    "  .
"       BT    "     "      "     "      "      "      "    "         "        "        "    "  .
"       Kramer    "     "      "     "      "      "      "    "         "        "        "    "  .
"       CU4    "     "      "     "      "      "      "    "         "        "        "    "  .

and the rest

Here on 3DHS isle.

The facts ,( true ones and false ones ) are pretty easy to get on the internet and google is pretty easy to use.

How to have a conversation on a subject is something we are constantly working out.

It is the conversation , the human part of the knoledge , that I like 3DHS for .

I like Google for searches , Yahoo for news of the weird , 3DHS for perspective from three or four POV on whatever I bring.

I see that the robot isn't much competition yet , it isn't getting our hits.

Perhaps no one cares what an RSS feed thinks.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 05:36:19 AM »
The Auto/Robo posts are, basically, links to articles by actual people, not some sort of computer generated ideas. Either you'll find something in those articles to comment on, or you won't. The same as when members here post links and/or articles. I don't get why this is a controversy.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--