Author Topic: Respect  (Read 3355 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Respect
« on: June 22, 2010, 01:12:01 PM »
It's real simple -- if the generals don't respect you, then don't expect your enemies to respect you.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38837.html

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Respect
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »
<<if the generals don't respect you, then don't expect your enemies to respect you.>>

I think you've got this turned around 180 degrees.  If the President does not respect the general, the general is out of a job; if the general is insubordinate to the President, again the general is out of a job.  There is no shortage of these morons in monkey suits to step up to the head of the line and do whatever the President tells them to do.  If not McChrystal then some other murdering thug will fill the bill quite nicely.  If the junkyard dog bites the owner, it usually turns out that the owner gets a new dog, the old dog becomes landfill but not so often that the dog gets a new owner for the junkyard.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »

If the President does not respect the general, the general is out of a job; if the general is insubordinate to the President, again the general is out of a job.

That statement is pretty much true.

There is no shortage of these morons in monkey suits to step up to the head of the line and do whatever the President tells them to do.

That statement, on the other hand, is ignorant and stupid.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
Do you deny that there is an ample supply of officers willing to command the troops?

Do you deny that they will do so, if called upon to?

You can argue that the current uniforms look like simian apparel. I would say that our military wears very practical, yet pug-ugly uniforms most of the time. But I would expect a monkey to wear either a clown suit, a tux, or the classic pseudo-Zouave organ grinder suit if he were wearing clothing at all. Nothing suitable for an American Fighting Man.

Monkeys prefer to go commando, left to their own devices.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 02:55:51 PM »

Do you deny that there is an ample supply of officers willing to command the troops?

Do you deny that they will do so, if called upon to?

I deny that generals are morons, that they are are interchangeable, and that they merely and/or only do whatever the President tells them to do. They take orders from the President, yes, but saying they just line up to do whatever the President says is a gross oversimplification at best.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:23:50 PM »
<<if the generals don't respect you, then don't expect your enemies to respect you.>>

I think you've got this turned around 180 degrees.  If the President does not respect the general, the general is out of a job; if the general is insubordinate to the President, again the general is out of a job.  There is no shortage of these morons in monkey suits to step up to the head of the line and do whatever the President tells them to do.  If not McChrystal then some other murdering thug will fill the bill quite nicely.  If the junkyard dog bites the owner, it usually turns out that the owner gets a new dog, the old dog becomes landfill but not so often that the dog gets a new owner for the junkyard.

Obama can demand respect all day long but it's something that's earned
Our Allies and enemies don't respect Obama
Obama is a joke to the generals

Obama is a coward and a quitter. You hate quitters don't ya Mikey?
Well Obama, Reid & Pelosi all threw in the towel and waved the surrender flag in Iraq when Bush was president. They said the war was lost. The generals all remember this and hate Obama.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »
let me add to that -- the reason the coward won't fire the general is because he needs him, but more important is he's afraid that many many generals will resign if he does fire him. So there you have it the general has Obama by the balls. Can you imagine the utter humiliation for obama if 20 generals quit on him over firing the general that SPOKE THE TRUTH?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 04:51:53 PM »
not to mention this is not the first time the general has undercut Obama

remember last year when obama diddled around for months on the request for a additional troops in Afghanistan and the general released info and then Obama had to meet him in England because he pissed him off?

This is twice. What Commander in Chief would let their general show them up 2 times?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
"McChrystal has seized control of the war "by never taking
his eye off the real enemy: The wimps in the White House."

Never been a truer statement....but hey the American people elected
this bozo who hates the military and hates business and he has never
been in either...but he has been a "community organizer" so the American
People will get what they deserve....maybe the American People will get
an Afghanistan with the Sept 11th supporting Taliban back in power and
we can start all over again with another 9/11 and maybe worse next time.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »
in a city near you kaboom

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »
respect is earned , true but that statement is not complete. thier is many factors involve and totally not straight forward. did you mean obama does everything the republicans want to gain respect or do you mean do everything republicans don`t want to gain rerspect. both systems work but neither is true respect. pretty much he really has no choice but to do whats he doing .

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
respect is earned , true but that statement is not complete. thier is many factors involve and totally not straight forward. did you mean obama does everything the republicans want to gain respect or do you mean do everything republicans don`t want to gain rerspect. both systems work but neither is true respect. pretty much he really has no choice but to do whats he doing .

I mean Reagan was respected and to a degree so was GW Bush. Obama is a punk and gets no respect because everybody knows he's a phony and his resume is thin. Even Democrats know that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »
There are a lot of Europeans and Asians who respect or even love President Obama.

What can they do for him?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
on the subject of respect, I`m not sure a person should bother trying (with exceptions of course) earn it. ones own action over time will get it or not.

it`s too subjective .

ex. I have trouble respecting a  supervisor who let people literally spit on them and not do anything. I can disagree with ones desisions and still respect them. But I just have a irrational problem with someone who allows that.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:36 PM »
There are a lot of Europeans and Asians who respect or even love President Obama.

What can they do for him?

Oh really, produce some.

My guess is more people in Europe understand they were fooled like the "Useful" Idiots here that voted for him. Our allies can't respect him. The leader of Iran hates him as much as the leader of Israel. Look up useful idiots and you will see who labeled uneducated voters/militants useful idiots and why. Bear in mind the Nazis recruited dumb & uneducated voters that never voted because they could use them to get in power. They also refereed to them as useful idiots. A free nation can't afford to have dummy citizens.

Obama isn't even qualified to shine the Generals belt buckle or shoes.