Author Topic: The Right wing creed and how I see it  (Read 2324 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Right wing creed and how I see it
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:01:47 PM »
The Right wing GOP snake oil standard.

Loaded pistols and good for everyone excepy inmates in prisons and lunatic asylums.

Millions spent on health care and inflationary.

Millions spent on weapons will bring inflation grown.

Dictatorships on the right are much closer to American ideal than dictatorshiops of the left.

The more Hydrogen bomb warheads we have, all set to go off at a moment's notice, the safer humanity is and the better off the world will be that our grandchildren will inherit.

Industrial wastes, and especially those that are reaidoactive, hardly ever hurt anybody, so everybody should shut up about them.

Industries should be able to do whatreer they want to do: Bribe, wreck the environment just a little, fix prices, screw dumb customers, put a stop to competition. and raid the Treasury when they go broke.

That's free enterprise.

The poor have done somethinb very wrong or they wouldn't be poor, so thjeir children should pay the consequences.

The United States of America cannot be expected to look after its own people.

The free market will do that.

The free market is an automatic system of justice.

--from Kurt Vonnegut, Man without a Country.

To which I would add.

The government of the United States is mostly a part of the problem. It is powerless to help the people.

The same US government is a shining beacon to the world, and has earned the right to preemptively invade anywhere it chooses to impose what it considers to be a more democratic government on any culture or cultures that inhabit such a lucky place.

One of the Great curious Truths of All Recorded History is that governance by the US government is simultaneously bad for the people of the USA and good for any country lucky enough to have it imposed by force of arms.

I have long held these beliefs, but I find that Vonnegut has put them into a more succinct form that I am capable of doing. I do not find this surprising, because he had been writing as a very successful for over 60 years when he died.

I am not prejudiced against rightwingers. I have read and heard and watched their drivel for decades, and have have judged them well. They are fools, and their sort of warped thought has made many of the actions of the government to be shameful to the people of this country. We should be ashamed of their actions, and apologize for them, just as we should be ashamed for slavery, lynching and many invasions of other countries.

I am ashamed of George Juniorbush.
I am ashamed of Dick Cheney.
I am ashamed of the Iraq War and the lying bastards that got us into it.

I will never vote for any of these greedy, demented fools. They have been judged by me, found wanting, and have been flushed from my mind into0 the toilet of oblivion.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Right wing creed and how I see it
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »
The more Hydrogen bomb warheads we have, all set to go off at a moment's notice, the safer humanity is and the better off the world will be that our grandchildren will inherit.

How can you argue with success?

MAD did work , but this seems dated ,there has not been a major Nuclear bomb building program or Nuclear delivery program for a while .

Our treaty with Russia (thanks Reagan) limits our need , and limits theirs too.

When was this written? The absolute number of warheads in the world has fallen since the late eightys. I don't suppose Vonnegut could have guessed that in advance.

I seem to recal someone here congradulateing the Soviet Union for stealing the secrets of the Atomic bomb and starting the arms race to improve their safety, so I suppose this one was shared with the left.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »
When was this written? The absolute number of warheads in the world has fallen since the late eightys. I don't suppose Vonnegut could have guessed that in advance.

That is what they want you to believe, but it is a LIE. The US has been pumping out nukes like crazy since Juniorbush took over. Missiles to deliver them, too.

I seem to recal someone here congradulateing the Soviet Union for stealing the secrets of the Atomic bomb and starting the arms race to improve their safety, so I suppose this one was shared with the left.

That isn't one I agree with. I don't blame the Russians for going nuclear, because they were clearly threatened, what with clowns like Curtis "bombs away with" LeMay and the warmongering Dulles brothers on the US side, but I think every bomb makes everyone a little bit less safe.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How can you argue with success?

By saying that it was (a) temporary, and (b) we are lucky beyond belief.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MAD did work , but this seems dated ,there has not been a major Nuclear bomb building program or Nuclear delivery program for a while .

Success would be total nuclear disarmament. We wont do this, because the US would have no hope against China in a conventional war.

There is no longer a need for MAD, if indeed there ever was one.

As for it being a success, this period isn't over.

And we won't know that it's over until either disarmament, or, when it has failed, and it is indeed, over.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 01:46:52 PM by Xavier_Onassis »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Right wing creed and how I see it.....
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:02:50 PM »
..... as perceived by a fringe Left winger       ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 07:03:45 PM »
.. as perceived by a fringe Left winger       Roll Eyes

As perceived by a non-crypto Fascist, dork.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
Still working on those self control lessons, I see
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 08:18:10 PM »
That is what they want you to believe, but it is a LIE. The US has been pumping out nukes like crazy since Juniorbush took over. Missiles to deliver them, too.

Got a source for that? The current stockpile continues to drop, according to official tallies.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »
Got a source for that? The current stockpile continues to drop, according to official tallies.

They are manufacturing more warheads. I suppose you are going to deny that, too.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 11:12:16 PM »
They are manufacturing more warheads. I suppose you are going to deny that, too.

The United States has produced about 70,000 nuclear weapons of 72 major types since their invention. At the end of the Cold War in 1991 the United States had an active arsenal of some 23,000 weapons of 26 major types. Since that time actual nuclear warhead production has been completely shut down in the U.S., although warhead modification, retrofit, and maintenance activities continue. Much of the original nuclear weapons manufacturing infrastructure has been dismantled, and the focus of the remaining nuclear infrastructure has shifted to maintaining and extending the life of the remaining weapons, as well as dismantling surplus weapons.
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Weapons/Wpngall.html
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 01:06:12 AM »
<<I seem to recal someone here congradulateing the Soviet Union for stealing the secrets of the Atomic bomb and starting the arms race to improve their safety, so I suppose this one was shared with the left.>>

Well, you sure got that one twisted around about 180 degrees.  (Why am I not surprised?)   I praised Julius Rosenberg for saving the people of the U.S.S.R. and Eastern Europe by single-handedly depriving the U.S.A. of its nuclear weapons monopoly.

I did not mention the arms race, but if I had, I would have had to say that it started the race when it acquired nuclear weapons technology which it refused to share with its ally, obviously causing a great feeling of insecurity leading it to spare no effort to catch up with the U.S. in nuclear technology by any means necessary.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 02:40:25 AM »
XO needs to step out of the teacher's lounge at his University and step into the real world for once. He's in a bubble.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »
XO needs to step out of the teacher's lounge at his University and step into the real world for once. He's in a bubble.

Just because every damned thing I say is TRUE, does not make this any sort of rational comment.

You are still deluded about an ancient doddering actor who doubled the national dept being in some way great.

Twenty years you've had to learn the facts, and you are still surprisingly ignorant of reality.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »
<<I seem to recal someone here congradulateing the Soviet Union for stealing the secrets of the Atomic bomb and starting the arms race to improve their safety, so I suppose this one was shared with the left.>>

Well, you sure got that one twisted around about 180 degrees.  (Why am I not surprised?)   I praised Julius Rosenberg for saving the people of the U.S.S.R. and Eastern Europe by single-handedly depriving the U.S.A. of its nuclear weapons monopoly.

I did not mention the arms race, but if I had, I would have had to say that it started the race when it acquired nuclear weapons technology which it refused to share with its ally, obviously causing a great feeling of insecurity leading it to spare no effort to catch up with the U.S. in nuclear technology by any means necessary.

The US should have shared the Manhattan project with Stalin?

On purpose?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 03:11:19 PM »

The US should have shared the Manhattan project with Stalin?

On purpose?
======================================================================================
I hardly think that this would have been wise. The US had no bomb available to drop on Europe, and that is most fortunate. Stalin was not the sort of guy to give major weapons of mass destruction to.

Stalin was at least as brutal as Hitler. He just did not limit his many purges to Jews.