Author Topic: Ben Carson and the Pyramids  (Read 7501 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ben Carson and the Pyramids
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:56:26 AM »
Well, Mannatech, the nutritional supplement peddled by Carson, was sold in a pyramid scheme, like Amway.
High prices and dubious claims.
And somehow, Dr. Ben forgot he actually signed a contract with these people.
So we can assume that Mannatech does not include memory improvement as part of its Manna.

Carson claims that the Pyramids were built, not as tombs, but grain storage buildings.
Despite the presence of burial vaults in them and the lack of any great amount of storage space.

He made his bundle, he has his money, let him retire. He does not belong in any government.

Ben Carson's Pyramid Scheme"

See the pyramids along the Nile:
Bet you figured they were pharaohs' tombs.
But in fact inside those empty rooms
Joseph stored up grain for quite a while.

Sometimes things are not as they may seem.
In a time of plenty Joseph knew
There'd be seven years when nothing grew,
Because he could interpret Pharaoh's dream.

That's the story Carson likes to tell
But archaeology's not his strong suit.
The claim he makes is easy to refute
But at least he knows his Bible well.

In the Holy Scriptures he's well-read
But if you want to know what Joseph did
Don't go looking in a pyramid.
Look in the Book of Genesis instead.

And if you're looking to elect a parson
To run the highest office in the land,
Though why you should is hard to understand,
Then I guess your man may be Ben Carson.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 01:28:57 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Ben Carson and the Pryamids.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »
Are these accurate quotes?

Or does that matter at this point?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
All of the Pyramids were completed long before Jacob.
Jacob did not come along until the New Kingdom
The usual assumption is that "Pharaoh", who is not mentioned by name in Exodus, was Ramses II. (played by Yul Brynner in the Ten Commandments).
They still have not found any reference to the Exodus of the huge number of Hebrews from Egypt in any of the many Egyptian writings discovered .

There is a small mention of the "Hibiru" people,

The Pyramids were clearly built as tombs. The Pharaohs quit building them when they became aware that they would be looted.

The Hebrews were put to work building things of mud and straw. The Pyramids were built of stone., not mud and straw.

Carson should be aware by now that his knowledge of things outside his field is very sketchy and most people recognize it as downright wrong. He would do well to read up on current affairs and stop quoting his interpretation of the Bible.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
I already know that the pyramids are very nearly solid stone already.

I meant to  ask "What was the Carson Quote?"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 10:44:31 PM »
Ben Carson still believes that the Egyptian pyramids are ancient granaries, and not just any ancient granaries. No, according to Carson, they were built by the Biblical Joseph to store grain to prepare for a famine. Asked by CBS News about his 1998 comments claiming that, Carson said "It's still my belief, yes."

Carson reiterated to CBS News that "the pyramids were made in a way that they had hermetically sealed compartments....You would need that if you were trying to preserve grain for a long period of time."

The pyramids were built during the First Kingdom. The Hebrews were in Egypt during the Second Kingdom, over 1000 years later.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 07:18:19 PM »
I found a video of what he actually said , almost two decades ago.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/11/06/ben-carsons-pyramid-comments-dominate-social-media-chatter-even-in-egypt/

I think he is wrong about the Pyramids, they do have chambers , but not enough to serve as much of a granary. The Pyramids are huge and nearly solid stone, this doesn't describe a practical gran storage .
  Most farmers would not make this mistake, but Dr.Ben Carson has already admitted to being  city raised .

This one seems to be much ado of nothing, I don't have to think he is right about everything he has ever said.

Are you aware of a candidate who has not been wrong about anything since seventeen years ago?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 12:49:50 AM »
Carson assumes not only that the Bible is historically accurate, he believes it is all there is to history.
There is a story in the Bible about Jacob storing grain.
The Hebrews at a much later date were slaves used in construction in Egypt, and the pyramids are notable Egyptian structures, so he assumes that Jacob ordered the pyramids to be built for storing grain.

That is some serious jumping to conclusions.  If I was writing a book about any sort of history, I know I would do some research before jumping to any conclusions.

The issue over the Mannatech is probably more serious, because he said he had no relationship with these pyramid schemers (nothing related to Egypt:Mannatech is sold like Amway by multi-level "pyramid scheme" methods). It is clear that he did have a relationship with them, as he touted the product and was paid for it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 04:53:47 AM »
Amway is "distributed marketing" a different concept than Pyramid schemes.

I would not mind endorsing Amway products , they are good stuff, but I would not recommend joining the organization, you have to be a cheerleader to make a success of it.

What is wrong with the Mannetech product?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »
Mannetech claimed it cured diabetes. It does not, and they were fined for making that false claim.

None of these diet supplement products has been tested under FDA medicinal guidelines.When they make invalid claims, that casts aspersions on the entire company.

Amway makes average products and sells them at 300% retail. Amway does not even back their damned products. If you don't like an Amway product, you must return it to the person who sold it, and then he has to return it to the person who sold it to him, and so on and so on. If I buy a Piblix brand product from that supermarket chain, they immediately refund my money, no question asked. Amway is sold at a far higher markup and the company makes dissatisfied customers jump through hoops to get a product replaced or refunded.

I would not endorse Amway. ever. It is simply a scam that involves propel taking advantage of their friends, relatives and acquaintances. Been there, heard the pitch, Left and never returned. Amway sucks as a company. I suspect that Mannatech sucks even more, because they made invalid and potentially deadly claims. I do not see how any doctor would risk his reputation endorsing any such crap.

Ask yourself: Would you buy a Yugo?

The Joseph built the Pyramids belief tells me that he is NOT always a critical thinker. A wise man with access to the Internet could easily discover that the Pyramids were built as tombs long before the time of Joseph. Then he would say i used to believe this was true, but upon research, I have decided that it is not." A stubborn man would never admit that he was wrong.

When he says that evolution is wrong because not every organism has evolved into a human being, he is simply being silly. Humans and other mammals could never exist without the incorporation of bacteria into the body. one thing every surgeon should know all about is bacteria. Humans could not exist without bacteria. Every creature that exists finds its own special niche and adapts to the conditions of that niche. Many do not evolve at all, because they fit so well in their niche.

It makes me think that Carson is easily duped by fast talking salesmen. NOT a good trait for any president.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Ben Carson and the Pyramids
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 10:35:46 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 11:06:55 AM »
Carson will never get the nomination. He will self destruct or lose some crucial primary.

Carson is Black. A sizable number of Republicans are flat out racists, and many many more are closet racists. Just watch and seee how this prevents him from getting the nomination.His beliefs are wacky. Evolution is the best scientific validation for the nature of the biosphere, and Carson thinks Darwin devised it because Satan put a bug in his ear. He thinks the Pyramids were used for GRAIN STORAGE. But they are not hollow and it is obvious to everyone that this is just another wacky idea. He claims that he tried to stab a friend, oops a relative named oops, that was a pseudonym and I am not telling, and failed because of a belt buckle. this cause him to have a JESUS MOMENT and realize that he was headed down the wrong path.

He thinks that when someone says "You could go to West Point" that is the same thing as an offer of an appointment to the USMA.

He shilled for a snake oil company that claimed they could cure diabetes and were fined for making this false statement and then claims that despite being PAID for this he had no association with the company. That is what anyone would have to agree is a flat out lie.

It is legal  to be delusional. It is legal to write autobiographies and include delusional beliefs in them. But when a person sticks with so many delusions it reveals a person who is easily duped and is very stubborn. Such a person has no business running a country.

It is not like any of you would vote for Carson in a primary, anyway.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 05:45:52 PM »
Carson will never get the nomination. He will self destruct or lose some crucial primary.

Carson is Black. A sizable number of Republicans are flat out racists, and................................................

....and you are not?

Most Democrats are not?

Could this be proven ?
Given that Democrats can't stand for Carson to be wrong about anything whatsoever, but can deal with Hillary's robust history of fabrication and scapegoating.

Is this because he is Black , or because he is Black and Republican?

Which of these two indicates a lack of racism?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
It is not like any of you would vote for Carson in a primary, anyway.

I'd vote for him, in a heartbeat, you racist
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »
No, you wouldn't.

Carson's problem for me is not his being black, it is his having so vary many dingbat ideas about evolution, the Pyramids, homosexuality and such, which show that he is stubborn and not good at reasoning skills.

Of course, he will never get the Republican nomination because he is Black.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 12:40:35 AM »
No, you wouldn't.

This should be fascinating. ...... based on what, would make you think I wouldn't vote for Carson in a Primary?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle