Author Topic: The Original Maverick (another good mccain ad)  (Read 1006 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Original Maverick (another good mccain ad)
« on: August 05, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylJkmMR8Fek[/youtube]

McCain really has a good media team. There were 2 or 3 points in this spot that made me say "Yeah!"

I like the part where it says Mccain fought corruption in both parties. I could see this ad actually swaying votes.

Gallup, Zogby, and Rasmussen now have McCain leading nationally. Some estimate that McCain's "celebrity" ad generated up to $40 million in free advertising.

ZoSo

Re: The Original Maverick (another good mccain ad)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 12:48:43 PM »
The opening of the ad was true, "Washington is broken".

McCain has contributed to the problem for over a quarter century as a member of Congress.

It doesn't make sense to believe  that he could be the solution.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »
The opening of the ad was true, "Washington is broken".

McCain has contributed to the problem for over a quarter century as a member of Congress.

It doesn't make sense to believe  that he could be the solution.

You seriously don't know much about McCain do you?

ZoSo

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »
You seriously don't know much about McCain do you?

Or .....I "seriously" know too much about him. Depends on who's side you're on.

It could be it's you that doesn't know much about him.

I know he's been coasting on his military career since he went into politics and that he likes rich blonde women with substance abuse problems in his ads & on his arm.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 01:26:18 PM »
  And he has been an irascible anti corruption reformer as the theme of his Seanate career , that Washington is broken and how to fix it has been his election and reelection plea since he started.

He was squeaky clean until the Keating affair , when he got a lot of examination , but was acquitted of any thing but the appearance of poor judgement in choice of friend.

ZoSo

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »
And he has been an irascible anti corruption reformer as the theme of his Seanate career , that Washington is broken and how to fix it has been his election and reelection plea since he started.

He was squeaky clean until the Keating affair , when he got a lot of examination , but was acquitted of any thing but the appearance of poor judgement in choice of friend.

His "poor judgement" by backing nearly every Bush failure of the last 7 1/2 years is more relevant to me than that kind of election bullshit propoganda.

He thinks he can do what Bush did only better.

Just what we need...an older angrier version of Bush.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »
McCain made a huge stink about torture, but he was careful not to say that waterboarding was always torture and those who used it were criminals.

He made a big deal about campaign finance reform, but did tried to do little or nothing against the 527's.

I think it is safe to say that he is obsessed with being president to an unhealthy degree, and will tolerate any insult, hug any cretin, and pay any price to accomplish his goal.

He offers nothing for health care, he now refuses to support his own ideas on taxes and immigration. He is a maverick only to the degree that it gets him votes. The only good thing about him over other Republicans is that I think he is less likely to become a lobbyist when he retires.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 02:05:07 PM »
<<I like the part where it says Mccain fought corruption in both parties. >>

LMFAO.  Then he must have given himself quite a few shots in the head because this man IS corruption.  Or did you never hear of the Keating Five?

He got a pass from Congress, probably because of his phony claim to being a "war hero," but that really says more about Congress than it does about him and the invaluable assistance he gave his friend Charles Keating, the jailbird, in bilking innocent American investors out of billions.

I am still hoping for a Democratic video explaining EXACTLY what John Insane DID as a charter member of the Keating Five - - just the plain unvarnished facts laid out one after another - - and end it with an announcer's voice, "Congress said John McCain "did nothing wrong."  But what do YOU think?"  And then a woman's voice,  "Is John McCain REALLY fit to be President?"  I think it would destroy the crooked little bastard.  But they'll probably never make it. 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »
John Glenn was found innocent at the same time. He could have been President if he hadn't slipped in the bathtub.

I haven't ever heard charges of corruption levied against Glenn. Must be because he was an astronaut and a dem.