Author Topic: Hillary's Core Constituency  (Read 8488 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hillary's Core Constituency
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »
LOL...we again enter that arena where when asked to list her supposed "accomplishments", we get crickets chirping
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Chew on this.
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »

Here’s A List Of Hillary Clinton’s Accomplishments, So Quit Saying She Doesn’t Have Any
Author: Ryan Denson April 13, 2015 1:52 am

There are many, many people who seem to think Hillary Clinton hasn’t accomplished anything. Apparently, being a First Lady, a Senator, as well as Secretary of State doesn’t count as accomplishments to her critics. But here is a very simple summary that encompasses Hillary Clinton and what she has accomplished throughout her life — Courtesy of a friend:

“First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College. Distinguished graduate of Yale Law School. Former Director of the Arkansas Legal Aid Clinic. Former civil litigation attorney. Former Law Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law. Former First Lady of Arkansas. Former First Lady of the United States, and the first FLOTUS in US History to hold a postgraduate degree. First ex-FLOTUS in US History to be elected to the United States Senate. Elected by the… State of New York to serve two terms in the United States Senate. Former US Secretary of State. GRAMMY Award Winner. Author. Self proclaimed Pantsuit Aficionado. Married to a man named Bill, who plays the saxophone.”

You don’t have to like Hillary Clinton or her ideas. I get it. She’s a Democrat, a progressive (in most eyes), and conservatives don’t like that. However, you cannot say she does not have any accomplishments. Here are just a few:

Even though her major initiative, the Clinton healthcare plan, failed (due to Republican obstruction), you cannot deny that it laid ground for what we have today, the Affordable Healthcare Act, something Clinton supports and would continue.
    She played a leading role in the development of State Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provides the much-needed state support for children whose parents cannot afford nor provide them with adequate healthcare coverage.
    She was also instrumental in the creation of the Adoption and Safe Families Act and the Foster Care Independence Act.
    Successfully fought to increase research funding for prostate cancer and asthma at the National Institute of Health (NIH).
    She spearheaded investigations into mental illness plaguing veterans of the Gulf War; we now have a term for it – Gulf War Syndrome.
    At the Department of Justice, she helped create the office on Violence Against Women.
    She was instrumental in securing over $21 billion in funding for the World Trade Center redevelopment.
    Took a leading role in the investigation of health consequences of first responders and drafted the first bill to compensate and offer the health services our first responders deserve (Clinton’s successor in the Senate, Kirsten Gillibrand, passed the bill).
    Was instrumental in working out a bi-partisan compromise to address civil liberty abuses for the renewal of the U.S. Patriot Act.
     Proposed a revival of the New Deal-era Home Owners’ Loan Corporation to help homeowners refinance their mortgages in the wake of the 2008 financial disaster.
    Was a major proponent of sensible diplomacy which brought about a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, and brokered human rights with Burma.
    Oversaw free trade agreements with our allies such as Panama, Colombia, and South Korea.
    Was the most traveled Secretary of State to date.
    The Clinton Foundation, founded by her and her husband, has improved the living conditions for nearly 400 million people in over 180 countries through its Initiative program.

These are not all of her accomplishments. Her activism on behalf of women a children across the world is renowned. Her activism for raising the minimum wage and combating climate change is stellar. You do not have to support what she does or stands for. But do not say she doesn’t have any accomplishments. The conservatives who say this are the ones who are pushing for Ted Cruz – who brought on a $24 billion shut down. That, to them, is an accomplishment?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2015, 02:53:50 AM »
LOL....Priceless.  Topped with "First ever student commencement speaker at Wellesley College"  Throw in a few "titles" which is not an accomplishment at all, merely someone in the right place, who's only real accomplishment is she picked the right person to marry.  And let's not forget she traveled the most, on tax payer's dime.  You're helping to make the point all the more xo.  Thanks
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2015, 04:04:02 PM »
It is a waste of time to debate anything with you. It is like doiscussing Plato with a plate of creamed spinach.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »
Perfect rhetort.....debate per the supposed intellectual left.  Demean, degrade, insult, and call that debate. 

Seriously....you actually believe that traveling the most than any other SoS is "an accomplisment"??  Being elected Senator is a somewhat of an accomplisment, but that can be said of any elected DC official.  The fact she happed to be a former Presiden't wife is what makes that some supposed "accomplishment"??  That's merely a coincidence.  If anything that just reinforces that her biggest "accomplishment" was picking the right political guy to marry

To be honest, I truly hope she tries to run on "her record as our SoS".  Anything and everything to highlight just how incompoment she has been, is a good thing

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Chew on this.
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »

Even though her major initiative, the Clinton healthcare plan, failed (due to Republican obstruction), you cannot deny that it laid ground for what we have today, the Affordable Healthcare Act, something Clinton supports and would continue.

Oh , this is a useful one, we could have had Obamacare a decade earlier .

I mean of course that this horrifying idea is useful to her opponents.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 05:11:11 PM »
So True

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
You wer3 blathering about "crickets chirping", so I gave you something to read so your imaginary crickets would stop haunting you. 
Talk about Pearls before swine...

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »
LOL...you didn't give "accomplishments" that warrant a Presidential run.  You gave, as desperate as it was transparent, the best of the best of Hillary.....like she traveled the most on the tax payers' dime as some major "accomplishment".  Good gravy

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
You wer3 blathering about "crickets chirping", so I gave you something to read so your imaginary crickets would stop haunting you. 
Talk about Pearls before swine...

You did well, that is the best looking resume for her I have ever seen.

I am not persuaded to like her better by this , but it is better than not knowing.

Perusing the list I see that she has held a lot of posts and positions.

Next thing , what did she do with these posts and positions?

And has she ever had an idea?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 06:08:47 PM »
I think that Hillarycare was definitely several ideas.

The fact is the country was better off under Bill Clinton than it was under either of the Bushes.

Florida was far better off under Lawton Chiles than under Jeffie or the hateful Rick Scott.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »
I think that Hillarycare was definitely several ideas.
What was the original part? Just ripping off Richard Nixon's plan doesn't count .

The fact is the country was better off under Bill Clinton than it was under either of the Bushes.
Piffle, why would you prefer a president who starts wars for no particular reason to one who starts war after the US or a allies are directly attacked? Bill Clinton benefited greatly from the peaking of the Reagan economy, and the Republican takeover of the House, if President Obama would learn to cooperate with the Republican plan like Clinton did he would be in better favor.

Florida was far better off under Lawton Chiles than under Jeffie or the hateful Rick Scott.

Has Lawton Chiles decided what he wants to be when he grows up?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:51 PM »
Nixon did not manage to get his healthcare off the ground. I doubt that Hillary's plan was a duplicate, but even if it was getting it enacted would have been a major accomplishment. So it counts so far as I am concerned.

Again Iraq did not attack the US, and the Iraq War was a major event that started 12 years ago and is still not over.

Lawton Chiles died several years ago, lamentably.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2015, 04:46:40 PM »
Nixon did not manage to get his healthcare off the ground. I doubt that Hillary's plan was a duplicate, but even if it was getting it enacted would have been a major accomplishment. So it counts so far as I am concerned.
This gives Hillary an equivalency to Richard Nixon which seems like a lot better than she deserves.

Again Iraq did not attack the US, and the Iraq War was a major event that started 12 years ago and is still not over.
Miscount, 1990 was 25 years ago but you are right , the war was constant once it started.
Lawton Chiles died several years ago, lamentably.
Oops sorry, I didn't know this.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
I was referring to the Juniorbush Iraq war. the Olebush Iraq War ended with the liberation of Kuwait and the withdrawal of the allied troops.

The Second Iraq War was the entirely optional one that still has not ended.