Author Topic: Liberalism's goal is to create a nation of parasites!  (Read 3680 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Liberalism's goal is to create a nation of parasites!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 03:29:36 PM »
Note that I have not made any prediction. there is no chance that I will be wrong.

Says Mr Obamacare-is-only-1000-pages.  Amazing, THIS he responds to, but direct questions to support his own morronic claims.....no where to be found.  His students must be proud

You, on the other hand, DID make a prediction.

Yea, I even bet the farm on it.  There will ALWAYS be a pilot in the cockpit of a commercial airliner, and there will ALWAYS be a stewardess in the aisle

I think you are half right , the public will not easily climbonto a plane without a pilot, but cargo doesn't care, so there might be a job for a robot mail and freight carrier.

I doubt that......too much potential for massive liability claims, the 1st time one of them goes down, into major city.....even a minor city

How do you feel about robot driven cars?
  The goal for robot cars is zero defects, and zero crashes.

Nope, Nope, Nope.  That's how I feel about it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
I think google has a robot car and it did crash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

Can autopilot handle bird strikes better?...

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 03:54:20 PM »
Can autopilot handle bird strikes better?...

======================================
It might be able to handle them as well. Reflex time could be faster than with a person.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »
Speaking of star trek....great episode where the enterprise was stuck in some massive energy depleting asteroid field, IIRC.  Chief Engineer Giordi finally went to the captain and said he'd run every compuation he could, giving the computer full control of steering the Enterprise, and most of the time the enterprise survived, but frequently also blew up.  His recommendation.....give the most sophsisticated computer system, and electronic reflexes possible....a time out.  1 small burst from the engines, then turn them off, and the ship would be at the complete control of....a human

Picard steered the ship out, everyone survived, and yes, it was science fiction, a TV show.  Point being that they were making a point of people far too much relying on computers and electronics, when the Human brain can make judgements, far better than a computer can make computations

Which is why there will ALWAYS be a pilot in the cockpit of a commercial airline, and a stewardess in the aisle
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 04:23:22 PM »
Robots can already percieve and respond much faster than humans , systems that are ment to prevent the impact of projectiles have to be robotic because Human perception can't see the bullet coming.

Humans are still better at long term planning , making budgets , prioritiseing , imagination and responding to the unexpected.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 05:01:16 PM »
Right now our tech is leaning towards dependance with the internet. I'm wondering if this dependence increase would cause major problems in the future. I don't about the rest of the world but american internet is not exactly anywhere near the top. In fact we're so behind the providers have continually been curbing heavy user instead of charging a higher rate for usage.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:28:51 PM by kimba1 »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
You've got to be always adapting...embrace change....or die.
My business has been totally changed by the advent of the computer
e-mail, PDF's, electronic signatures, fax, electronic court filings, ect...
many, many companies in my industry have died or are dying
the hell with that
figure out what people want and adapt to the new dynamic
whether you are a company or an employee
you gotta adapt...change...educate...make yourself needed
because the world certainly isn't gonna stand still
the horse & buggy folks that stood around moping and crying got left behind
industries change....new jobs....new skills are needed
suck it up....quit bitching and getttter done!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 05:58:15 PM »
Fax,electronic court filing?

Faxing today is a strange animal. It's considered antique but if you want to work with a client who doesn't use pdf you gotta use it and hope the client has the machine on since he's likely has it shared with the phone.

Court fillings is tricky because even if you sent it an hour early the courts are likely bottle necked and you'll still maybe considered late if it finally gets recieved after the time .

Embrace change is good,but getting the latest tech is not aways good also. Alot of stuff out there is simply not worth getting.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
Picard steered the ship out, everyone survived, and yes, it was science fiction, a TV show.  Point being that they were making a point of people far too much relying on computers and electronics, when the Human brain can make judgements, far better than a computer can make computations

Which is why there will ALWAYS be a pilot in the cockpit of a commercial airline, and a stewardess in the aisle.
=================================================================================
You do realize that you are citing a reference to a science fiction TV show as an authority here?

Captain Picard is a great character, but this is a bogus example.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
Just like Best Buy....they will probably be "no longer" in ten years
everybody goes into the store to visualize and touch products in person
then runs home with the model number to order on-line
buy cheaper from a company that doesnt have brick & mortar overhead
Best Buy needs to start kicking ass on-line or they'll be toast!
Change change change change or get left behind
whining about it will get you no-where!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »

Which is why there will ALWAYS be a pilot in the cockpit of a commercial airline, and a stewardess in the aisle.

=================================================================================

You do realize that you are citing a reference to a science fiction TV show as an authority here?

Kinda made a specific reference to that above

Captain Picard is a great character, but this is a bogus example.

Point being that they were making a point of people far too much relying on computers and electronics, when the Human brain can make judgements, far better than a computer can make computations

......translated, it wasn't an "example", merely a point being made

Which is why there will ALWAYS be a pilot in the cockpit of a commercial airline, and a stewardess in the aisle.  If you were a tad more intellectually honest Xo, you'd stop trying to play this star trek game, and try backing up your own claims, for a change

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 07:59:54 PM »
Point being that they were making a point of people far too much relying on computers and electronics, when the Human brain can make judgements, far better than a computer can make computations
=====================================================================
Of course they were making this point. That does not mean that it will always be true.

They sell cars that can parallel park better than most humans already. Cars are now painted by a computer controlled spray system that does a far better job than a human.

It is clear that computers evolve faster than humans, because they are designed to make specific decisions. I would not make predictions about what types of advanced technology might be available in 50 to 100 years. It might well be that in 100 years, trains of some sort replace aircraft for most flights.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 08:43:22 PM »
Computers may be "faster", but they'll never have the moral judgement and anticipation associated with a human....as such that is why there will ALWAYS be a pilot in the cockpit of a commercial airline, and a stewardess in the aisle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 11:52:27 PM »
Apple has brick and mortar stores ,not to make a Profit but to ensure the customers will use thier products. I call it cosumer engineering. It's common for people buy stuff as gifts and the recipient will likely not know how to operate them and it'll gather dust. Apple made sure thier stuff gets used so they'll want to buy the latest stuff.

How do i know ths? I started with a itouch then a nano then a ipad now a iphone. I've frequently go to the store for help in using my stuff. You'll be very hard pressed to say apple has not influenced me.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 12:19:49 AM »
but they'll never have the moral judgement and anticipation associated with a human.
=============================================
Are moral judgments required to fly a plane and pass out drinks?

The tramways at airports have no driver and no attendants. I am sure there is someone that can manually stop and start them and open doors and such, but moral judgments are not needed to run a tramway.

If there are humans involved in flying aircraft in 100 years, it is simply because the public and/or the legal system demands it.

I remember a time when prices were on every item in the supermarket and cashiers had to know math to calculate the price of two cans when the price was 3 for $1.19. Now there are no prices on any products and the cashier just drags the code across the scanner.

Again you do not know what will be important in the future.