Author Topic: Did google kill bragging  (Read 2212 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Did google kill bragging
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 01:02:24 PM »
I heard of a kenyan beer my friend had that make you blind for an hour. The guy gave it to him said its harmless. I have limits though. My friend never drank again.

That sounds like this, from 1961:

Kenya: Kill Me Quick
Friday, Mar. 24, 1961

TIME

Among Nairobi's Africans, who judge an alcoholic beverage not by its taste but its kick, the most popular brew for the past 13 years has been a potion known as KMQ (Kill Me Quick), a throat-burning mixture of surgical spirits and methyl alcohol. Invented by a burly Luo tribesman named Akumu Onyiego, KMQ was precisely named: less than two pints of the stuff is a lethal dose.

The Kenya Legislative Council banned the sale of KMQ. But despite the threat of stiff fines, Akumu kept brewing, and despite the scores of stiffs found, Nairobi kept drinking. Akumu got to be a wealthy man. He acquired five wives, a flashy Opel sedan, three rambling houses.

Last week, in celebration of his great fortune, Akumu threw a little blast for 40 friends. He broke out the best in the houseā€”a brand-new keg of uncut methyl alcohol, a volatile liquid most often used for boosting aircraft takeoffs. When the party was over, ten of the revelers were permanently blinded. Eight others, including Akumu Onyiego, were dead.
------------------------------------------
Later,  Kill Me Quick was the title of a novel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_Me_Quick
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »
I think they made it safer by using anti-freeze and gasoline nowadys .

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 04:30:38 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
I was with a Mexican friend once, driving through the mountains of Morelos.  We stopped at a small store out in the middle of nowhere for a soda. While we were there, chatting with the owner, a local peasant came up and put three pesos on the counter without saying anything. The owner filled two shot glasses, one with something clear and another with something brownish. He drank the clear stuff first, and followed it with the the brownish stuff. I said that this looked like the wrong order, so the owner poured me two glasses as well, It turns out that the clear stuff was close to pure alcohol, and the other was some sort of swamp water chaser that sort of restired your ability to breathe. One shot will give you a buzz, two will cause you to see double and three would knock most people out.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 11:17:08 AM »
I inow a guy who drank the goop that formed on the bottom of grain  silos it supposed to get you drunk for days. He warn dont do it too much it tends to cause kidney failure.

It think its used for cattle feed maybe

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 11:40:23 AM »
I know that cattle can get drunk on silage.

I imagine that there would be a lot of insecticides and other unhealthful crap in silage.

I have never found being drunk to be in any way enjoyable.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2015, 12:49:18 AM »
I got a bad habit of picking fight with homeless people when I'm drunk. It kinda bothers my coworkers at the law firm I used to work in.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2015, 10:37:48 AM »
Booze make my head spin, vomit and fall asleep and wake up feeling horrible. I think it only took three drunken parties for me to reach this conclusion.
To me, whiskey tastes vile. Bourbon tastes like silage smells and Scotch tastes the same way, only with the additional taste of iodine.

People told me "you have to work a taste for this". To which I say, WHY?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 03:38:17 PM »
Huh? Me too

I was told to keep at it also.

I did not heed thier wise advice thought and sticked to non carb fruit juice .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
I was told that carrots would improve my eyesight. So I ate a lot of carrots.  My eyesight was unchanged. The net result was that I got to hate the taste of carrots, and laid off eating them for three years. Noew I eat them because they are orange, and make my salads look tastier, just as red peppers do.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2015, 12:54:47 PM »
Im sometimes easy to influence. I once read a book which carrot juice was like a drug which people got super addicted and I been drinking it alot more ever since