• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: YES!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 02:49:17 PM »
That is not as it should be!

=========================
Who decides "what it should be?"

People are designed to have pleasurable sex. From what I have read,this is not true of all animals. Most of the time, sex does not result in pregnancy in humans. It is far less effective than in fish or other critters. If we assume that God designed sex as it exists, then we must assume that it is as it should be,and that fiddling with it to diminish or increase the odds of pregnancy is contrary to God's design. Yet we have no laws banning fertility drugs or adoption by childless couples. Contraceptives have been banned, and so have abortions.

Logic is not used to deal with this topic.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
That is not as it should be!

=========================
Who decides "what it should be?"

...........................Logic is not used to deal with this topic.

Logic can be used to deal with this subject , and that is as it should be.
Sex can be dangerous , difficult , shamefull if it goes wrong.
Getting it to come out right is not all that difficult, the basic formula was discovered in prehistory.
Letting it ride entirely on luck , is a bad idea because it practicly ensures a bad result to be frequent.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 04:56:31 PM »
sex drives is funny thing
attraction does not follow logic
meaning you don`t need beer for beergoggles.
lets just say our gene pool will always be diverse

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
sex drives is funny thing
attraction does not follow logic
meaning you don`t need beer for beergoggles.
lets just say our gene pool will always be diverse

There is a logic to attractrion, a body with no input from the mind will try to mate,
and there is as much risk in hooking up with impared judgement as there is to driving so.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
i used to know a married guard who always trying to hook up to the point he touched a patron. he`s not there anymore. i`m very confident he doesn`t know why .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »
It is very ordinary to be blind to ones own flaws.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
I wonder if the CDC report factors in whether residents cross state lines to obtain abortions.

==============================================
I really doubt that they have any information of this type in their database.

But being as Mississippians have traditionally gone to Memphis or New Orleans for a lot of other business, I imagine that they do the same when it comes to abortions.

Mississippi is more rural than most states. Girls  living on the farm therefore have a more limited access to both doctors to give them prescriptions and drugstores for them to go to.There are other factors as well, but this is surely one of them.

I have noted that Southern Baptists (both Black and White) tend to be more hypocritical about moral issues than other people.They preach more against booze, and yet they tend to get arrested more for alcohol related incidents(DWI and such) than other churchgoers. There is a dichotomy between revivals and backsliding that seems to be quite prevalent among Baptists( as well as many evangelicals). Elmer Gantry types (like Jimmy Swaggert) abound in the rural South.

Women plan NOT to have sex, and then give in to the urge,just as they will holler AMEN! to any drivel any preacher says in one of the typically outrageous sermons. The emotional overpowers the logical, and therefore the woman refuses to get BC and backslides and gets pregnant. Abortion is the revival and the penance for sin in that case.

Mississippians are heavily Baptist as well as less educated than other Americans.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."