Author Topic: The Party of Hate!  (Read 10537 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Party of Hate!
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2016, 10:18:28 PM »

I doubt any of the weapons in Syria came from Iraq, at least under Saddam. Iraq and Syria had strained relations since Saddam came to power, and he had accused Syria of plotting to overthrow him and sealed the border. Syria had grown closer to Iran during the Iran-Iraq war, another source of tension.

No, the alleged Iraqi WMD's are still missing, if they ever existed at all, which appears more and more unlikely.

I only put it that way to mollify the true believers.

I think it is quite likely the same stuff, though it is not unlikely either that Assad was buying his own and so it is not the same stuff. So I haven't proof nor certainty.
   This is the kind of thing that Saddam might do, please recall that when his Air Force was being destroyed he gave a lot of it to Iran. This had nothing to do with love for Iran, he was only winning in that these planes would be in the hands of an enemy of the USA instead of being destroyed.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2016, 10:55:34 PM »
If all these wonderful mechanisms are in place, all these people are out there waiting for the chance to jump in with any troubled, pregnant girl and give her the emotional, physical, medical, psychological and financial support she needs to carry her pregnancy to term and deliver a baby for them to adopt, where are they? Who are they? How do these women find them?

A simple Google search can connect un-wed Mothers to organizations like those listed below that are operating across the United States. Also a telephone call to churches across the country can be helpful as far as information on where to receive help.

http://mercyhouse.org/

http://www.thematernityhome.org/

https://www.covenanthouse.org/homeless-youth-programs/mother-child-teenage-pregnancy-help

http://www.divinemercyhouse.org/our-plan/

http://perrycenter.org/

http://lifehousehouston.org/

http://www.provplace.org/programs/adoption-programs/birth-mothers/

http://www.homeformothers.com/do-you-need-a-new-beginning.html

http://www.harborhouse.org/

https://www.shelteringgrace.org/

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2016, 02:04:32 AM »
I think...although he can correct me if I'm wrong, that H provided multiple parameters that he wanted to include for the unborn child's mother....that of apparently choosing a specific mother, and literally taking care of them in every way.  It's not about adopting the child as much as taking care of the mother prior to birth.  And he's right, in that there isn't the same support system for the mother, as there is for the unborn child.  Only the uber rich can afford to care for the mother in the way that I believe H would want the mother to be cared for.  And since that's not happening (nor could it), then deference should be given to the mother as to if she should be made to carry the child to term.  Am I correct in that assumption, H?

The problem is that the very nature of conservatism is the idea of individual responsibility.  It's the old parable about giving someone a fish and they eat for the day, vs teaching someone to fish, and they eat for a lifetime.  I don't support the notion of rewarding irresponsible behavior.  But with the life of an unborn child I would support some assistance to the mother, in matters of some financial assistance, and a significant amount of healthcare assistance.  If she would like some psychological counseling, that could be arranged for as well.  But no, we're not about to subsidize her reckless decision making.  As Cu4 has provided, there are a multitude of agencies and organizations primed to assist pregnant women, in many ways, and as already referenced before, waiting lists for unwanted newborn children.  They exist, and thus we can stop the slaughter of unborn children, due to inconvenience

And as it relates to this supposed conservative wing of the GOP being a mass of bigots, is severely misplaced, IMHO.  A simple wall isn't an outlandish solution.  Nor is a temporary ban on Muslim immigrants wanting entrance into this country from countries ripe with terrorist training and/or activity.  That's hardly hatred....its a rational suggestion at this time, in a war against Islamic terrorists, that you concede is occurring.  We're not going to rehash the WMD debacle again, since its patently clear we're going to agree to disagree, as in its a fact that's there's no proof that Bush knew there were no WMD but took us to war anyways, but to the point, the party of "hatred" is the not the one attempting to better defend its citizens in this country, both living & unborn.  It's the one that, as I referenced already, was the foundation for the beginnings of the KKK, and is now the party of intolerance to anything that doesn't agree or support their ideological agenda
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2016, 06:59:20 AM »
No matter what you might support for a poor unwed mother, it is still her body and her decision. Not yours and not the governments.
The rich pregnant woman can get an abortion anywhere she wishes.

If you want to call; abortion "murder", then as Trump says, the woman who chooses an abortion is a murderer and the doctor is a hitman, a paid killer.  In El Salvador, every miscarriage is investigated as a possible murder, and many women have been jailed as murderers/ Even if the pregnancy was due to rape, women are jailed for attempting to abort themselves

The term "unborn child" continues to be invalid. The word is fetus and the fetus has no rights. Nature agrees with this, as evidenced by the way that some species give birth to hundreds and thousands of young at a single pop, and only a very few survive.

God has very little compassion for the newborn of any species.

This whole thing is simply due to the attitude that women are chattel and have no freedom to make their own decisions. If men got pregnant, abortion would be entirely legal and perhaps a religious ritual.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2016, 11:14:40 AM »
C, all I can tell you is get the word out. Not everyone has a computer or a 'smart' phone to Google website, or in some cases even a phone. Face it, a drug addict isn't worried about paying for such things, she just wants her next score. I applaud their efforts setting up such services, but they need to be proactive about getting the word out.

Another thing that might help is for the religious right to stop opposing sex education in schools. I know, it's something the parents themselves should be teaching their kids before it ever becomes an issue, but let's face it, it ain't happening.  Better they should learn somewhere where they can get the correct facts and information before it becomes a problem, either through an unexpected pregnancy or an STD.

Sirs, you're pretty close, except I wouldn't call it rewarding the girl for getting pregnant. It's an opportunity for prospective adopted parents to insure the baby gets the proper prenatal care and is born healthy, so they aren't getting a  drug addicted baby or one with other medical problems caused by poor health care during the pregnancy. Yes, it would be an opportunity for the mother to get any medical care or treatment she needed to overcome a drug problem, or get off the streets, or otherwise come out the other end with a chance at a decent life, but for nine months carrying a child she is going to turn over to someone else, I wouldn't use the word reward. I'd say for those who feel so strongly about stopping abortion, it's a good trade.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2016, 11:44:49 AM »
Let us say a couple has a baby in the normal manner. The woman will experience discomfort, and there will be medical bills that someone will have to pay.

Option 1: If they cannot have their own child, then they can find a surrogate mother and probably at least one of the couple will be able to have a genetic contribution. There will be a matter of paying support and doctor bills and probably outrageous legal fees to set up the "adoption" of the sponsored child.\

If they contact a woman who is already pregnant, the costs connected with option 1 will still apply. So it is going to cost more for either option 1 or option 2. But in both cases, the woman of the couple will have none of the symptoms of pregnancy and she will be able to work until the child is transferred to her. That is surely worth something.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2016, 02:31:29 PM »
Sirs, you're pretty close, except I wouldn't call it rewarding the girl for getting pregnant.

Subsidizing the repercussions of her actions would be.  Putting that aside, you seemed to be focused on some 1 on 1 scenario, where I guess its about some couple pre-choosing a mother.  Some financial support would be ok.  Obviously healthcare support, and perhaps even some psychological/financial couseling would be prudent.  Anything beyond that is perfectly ok as well, if the parents to be wish to provide that extra.  But not at tax payer's expense.  As we've seen, there's a laundry list of organizations that are designed specifically to assist the mother, during her pregnancy, and in giving birth, including aide and counseling

Or, she can chose to act more responsibly, and use protection.  The unborn child here is the victim.  Not the drug addicted judgement impaired mother

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2016, 02:54:17 PM »
...But not at tax payer's expense...

I think I mentioned that.

The unborn child in that scenario is not the victim, either. It's win-win-win - the mother gets a chance to get her life straightened out, the baby gets a home, and the adoptive parents get their baby.

Or are you saying now the unborn baby's life is worth more than the mother's? Just asking.   

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
...But not at tax payer's expense...

I think I mentioned that.

The unborn child in that scenario is not the victim, either. It's win-win-win - the mother gets a chance to get her life straightened out, the baby gets a home, and the adoptive parents get their baby.

Or are you saying now the unborn baby's life is worth more than the mother's? Just asking.

Good to see we agree on the taxpayer portion.  And no, the unborn baby's life isn't "worth more".  It is innocent however, in that it has no choice in the matter of its life.  He/she has no options, no support system, in other words, its as vulnerable as a life can be.  Under these circumstances, its most definately a victim in this situation, which is why you see such vehement support for that child's life, from the likes of me & others.  I hope & pray the mother gets her life straightened out, but ultimately that has to be her choice to want to make a better life for herself.  The unborn child is getting no choice in the matter

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2016, 05:41:03 PM »
The term "unborn child" continues to be invalid.

Do you know what Adhesive Capsulitis is, xo?  It's another term for a Frozen Shoulder.  Do you know what an Uncle Charlie is in baseball, xo?  It's another term for a curveball

Do you know what a Fetus in a human is?  ITS ANOTHER TERM FOR AN UNBORN CHILD

::)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:48:42 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
It is not a child until is is born.

Do you go the the supermarket and buy a carton of a dozen uncooked omelets? Or three pounds of future hamburger patties.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2016, 06:25:18 PM »

Do you go the the supermarket and buy a carton of a dozen uncooked omelets? Or three pounds of future hamburger patties.

No, I get my uncooked omelets a half dozen at a time, and my future burgers already in patties.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2016, 06:45:44 PM »

Tell that to the mother who just lost one to a pre-birth complication.  A guarantee you its a child, in every way shape and form to those parents.  That's why its called an unborn child     >:(

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2016, 06:54:06 PM »

No, I get my uncooked omelets a half dozen at a time, and my future burgers already in patties.

Love me some tri-tip    8)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2016, 10:06:44 PM »

The term "unborn child" continues to be invalid. The word is fetus and the fetus has no rights.

You skip a lot of steps to say this ,why does the law respect the humanity of anyone , what is a human?
Nature agrees with this, as evidenced by the way that some species give birth to hundreds and thousands of young at a single pop, and only a very few survive.
This is a common strategy for insects , fish and rabbits. Human beings do not fit this pattern in any respect . A new human requires a lot of work and attention to develop and they tend to show up one or two at a time .
God has very little compassion for the newborn of any species.

I don't agree, if you want to observe Nature for examples why not observe whales rather than fleas?
Whale calves get a lot of milk and a lot of individual attention from their mother, most whales travel in family groups (pods)and the adults are protective of the young .

With nature providing a pattern of intelligent and long lived creatures investing more time and effort and creatures of short lifespan and trophic behaviors investing little in their individual young, why would you aspire to imitate the guppy rather than the whale?

God produced a balanced world that can run on its own homeostasis, although there is a pattern of more developed creatures making prey of lesser ones , the greatest creatures wind up feeding the least developed ones to make the food chain perfectly circular.

Perhaps you could design something better , but I don't think I could.