Author Topic: Nate Gartrell  (Read 624 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Nate Gartrell
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
On my final day of regular classes, my teacher decided to set aside the scheduled lesson plan, and instead give our class an overview of California's budget situation, and how it was affecting schools.

The future of California schools, our teacher told us, was bleak. Everything from K-12 to the university system had lost billions of dollars in funding, and more cuts were likely on the way. Tuitions would increase, classes would be cut, and freshman would be barred from attending SFSU in the following year.

Next door, student protesters were preparing to blockade themselves inside the business building, effectively shutting it down for a day and gaining national attention in the process. Our teacher encouraged us to stay after class, and join with protesters outside.

I chose to leave. In fact, I ran like a rat from sinking ship. The next semester, I moved nearly 500 miles north, to the University of Oregon, where I'm currently attending.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/opinionshop/detail?blogid=42&entry_id=58713

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Nate Gartrell
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:09:23 PM »
good for you Nate and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 11:32:18 PM »
oh and Nate there is no more money left for bums like you. you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. we, the tax payers, are sick of paying for people like you to get a free ride. Go get 1 or 2 jobs and pay your way and take ownership of your education. and if that doesn't suit you go dig ditches for a living.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »
Nate follows his instincts and books to Oregon, and yet laments that he put himself before generational activism and the shared glory of attempting to change the world as we know it.

I can see him, 20 years hence, doing corporate audits as a CPA wishing he had been a community organizer if only the suburbs needed organizing.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »
Nate follows his instincts and books to Oregon, and yet laments that he put himself before generational activism and the shared glory of attempting to change the world as we know it.

I can see him, 20 years hence, doing corporate audits as a CPA wishing he had been a community organizer if only the suburbs needed organizing.

he ain't no Pasha Antipov that is for sure

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:48:12 PM »
I think he has the right to vote with his feet.

Rediculous regimes suffer a brain drain as the smart see better places to be , this is a limit on the succes of coercion.

Why should California be immune from this effect? They have seriously rediculous rules and little consensus to change them, let the intelligence leave the scene untill they start being missed.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »
I think he has the right to vote with his feet.

Rediculous regimes suffer a brain drain as the smart see better places to be , this is a limit on the succes of coercion.

Why should California be immune from this effect? They have seriously rediculous rules and little consensus to change them, let the intelligence leave the scene untill they start being missed.

I like it when liberals leave the state BUT if a liberal state like CA is so bad that liberals begin leaving then just how bad did the liberals screw this place up? Nothing like turning everything to shit and then leave the mess for someone else to clean up. Nate is a worthless person that I'm sure will fit in well in Oregon.