Author Topic: Chicago has a tough weekend  (Read 3367 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Chicago has a tough weekend
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »
Speaking of unable to face reality...couldn't help but notice how you had no comeback for having no fear of being shot at an NRA function, which is loaded with "more guns", or the fact that violent crime has been declining in this country, despite more people legally purchasing more guns.  You're just going to close your ears & eyes, and keep repeating the same invalidated opinion, aren't you. 

Perhaps your error is in trying to lump peoples, in that maybe, just maybe, more BAD gun nuts get shot, with more guns.  In which case......that's also a good thing
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
I have no fear of being shot at an NRA function because I will never attend one. Why should I?

I have no reason to go on a safari, as I have seen gorillas at the zoo. For similar reasons I will not be attending any goddamn idiot NRA  funtion. What would be the point?
Not to get shot?  I have not been shot in in my entire life, it is still quite easy to not get shot. I avoid people with guns.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
For a language professor, your grasp of context continues as in severly lacking.  Then again, it provides excellent deflection opportunities.  I never claimed YOU going to an NRA function.  The context is quite clear that per your parameters I should be scared shirtless, being around so many guns.  I mean, per your parameters, more guns means more people shot....and yet, at not one NRA function, where the place is awash with guns, has anyone yet to be shot.  Not so surprising however, the places with the most mass shootings are those desginated as 'gun free zones"

But let's placate your deflection effort......hypothetically speaking, IF (this is a hypothetical, since I'm aware you have no intention on ever going, so you can put that deflection attempt away), simply IF you were to attend an NRA function, would you have an overwhelming fear of being shot??  Seriously?

Here's a clue, it has nothing to do with guns or the # of guns....simply avoid the bad gun nuts, if you don't want to get shot.  You'll have nothing to worry about, if surrounded by good gun nuts
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 01:30:03 PM »
I would imagine that an NRA meet would be basically an assortment of what I have defined as Useless Gun Nuts. Adults with a childish fascination and a sicko obsession with dangerous toys. Rather like a Comicon, but less amusing and with fewer Klingons.

You enjoy being scared, perhaps.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 01:36:55 PM »
What part of I have no fear of being shot at any NRA event or gun show, did you not understand?   

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 04:58:19 PM »
    It is hard to correct for uncontrolled variables.

But allowing for such imprecision. Every place and every kind of place has a history.

Are you statistically more likely to be shot in a gun shop, or a gun free restaurant?

Are you statistically more likely to be shot in a gun free college dorm or a dorm that allows gun ownership?

Are there other venues that have a lot in common but are different mainly in the level of gun availability?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 08:02:33 AM »
Overall, guns outlive their owners, guns do not die, they do not choose responsible owners. The more guns there are, no matter what sort of crap you make up about gun free zones or whatever, the more there are the more people are going to get shot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 11:50:25 AM »
As long as its the bad gun nuts, not a problem.  And at this point, that's the only factoid that would follow your claim, based on current U.S. trends of violent crime and who dies vs who lives at the hands of a gun

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2015, 12:45:32 AM »
Overall, guns outlive their owners, guns do not die, they do not choose responsible owners. The more guns there are, no matter what sort of crap you make up about gun free zones or whatever, the more there are the more people are going to get shot.

You are on your way to getting it!

Guns do not choose owners , they do not choose victims , they do not maintain themselves and with a few very expensive exceptions they do not aim themselves.

What a gun needs , to be involved in a crime, is a criminal.

As long as every violent criminal has a weapon , there is a legitimate need for peaceful people to have equivalent arms.

Gun free zones are dangerous because their gun free nature is fragile, and is most liable to be breeched by a criminal, least likely to be breeched by people who respect the rules, this is an upside down situation, you want the criminal to be less armed and the peaceful guys to be well armed. A gun free zone is an attractive nuisance, bad enough that massacres ever happen  why prepare a venue?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
We need to arm elementary schoolchildren so they can defend themselves.
No more gun free anything.
No more gun free courthouses, airports or airplanes. They are an invitation to disaster.

Prohibiting snakes on a plane is also a bad idea. When cobras are outlawed, only outlaws will have cobras.

We have to STOP this anti-reptilian ideology, nip it in the bud!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 11:55:38 AM »
...and now out comes the bogus Hyperbole card.  You forgot to add supprt for Anti-personnel missile batteries at the corners of each school, manned by pre-schoolers of course      ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
Cobras do not kill people people with cobras kill people.
The only defense against a bad man with a cobra is  good man with a cobra.

This is a public service message of the National Cobra Association.
See our magazine, The Poisonous Reptile Fancier for a full range of snake and Reptile accessories.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
And the ridiculous irrelevant hyperbole continues.  Just a reminder, a firearm will NEVER EVER decide to shoot you on its own, based on some belief its being threatened, not to mention there's no constitutional right to a reptile, of any kind

So, let us know when you plan on returning to rationally debating the issue....if that is at all possible

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
Cobras do not kill people people with cobras kill people.

Nope.

This illustrates an important difference between guns and cobras.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2015, 12:42:10 PM »
The more people who have cobras, the more people will die of cobra bites.
The more guns there are, the more people will get shot.

Simple math is beyond your abilities.