Author Topic: Rice to Replace Donilon in the Top National Security Post  (Read 6024 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Rice to Replace Donilon in the Top National Security Post
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »
The skill set for the UN Ambassador and the Secretary of State are pretty much the same, repeat the administrations talking points continuously, though i think the Secretary has a little more discretion in reporting one on one meetings with her counterparts in other governments and helping formulate the administrations policies.

Rice took the fall for Obama when it came to Benghazi and the election, she was a taste of red meat for the critics.

Condi Rice knew something was up prior to 9/11 she just didn't know the what and the when. I think if you look back to August 8, 2001 you might see the proof of it.

Whether Susan Rice has the chops for the Security Adviser position i do not know, but it appears that perhaps the promotion is a reward for loyalty rather than merit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
Sirs seems to like to end every discussion in some morass of nonsense about what he said not actually meaning what he said or meant to say.

I saw no errors on Rice's part in her job as UN ambassador, and no reason to disqualify her from the Secretary of State position. She appeared on TV to answer questions about Benghazi and said what she understood to be true about a chaotic situation that she did not witness and had no control over.

As for her being NSA, she could not possibly do worse than Condoleeza Rice, who presided over 9-11.  I note here that after this disaster, the rightwingers here were still suggesting that she should be president.

Her taste in shoes and ability to play the piano were awesome, however.

Condoleeza rice also is gifted in languages, and knows as much about Russia as any American can.
Are you saying that she bears direct responsibility for 9-11?

Is there any responsibility at all for the Bengazi attack?

How was someone chosen to breif the public , who herself could deny any involvement or knoledge of events?

I am not hurt with Ms. Rice, I am offended with the administration for sending her forth armed with falicies.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »
I think she said all that was known at the time. You are assuming that the administration knew it all and sent her off on a mission to lie. That was not the case.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »
I think she said all that was known at the time. You are assuming that the administration knew it all and sent her off on a mission to lie. That was not the case.

I guess you missed the second debate when Candy Crowley agreed with Obama when he said he called the attack at the consulate a terrorist attack by the next day. I'm pretty sure the UN ambassador making the Sunday rounds would be aware of his remarks made days previously. The timeline does not do Rice any favors.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
Yes .

Remember the president claiming that he acnoledged the event as terrorism the very next day?

Sending her off with a freshly coined lie is exactly the case, and one of the big problems.

You are still beliveing the Presidents first lie, the president has moved on to lie B.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »
I do not give one shit what you think is a" lie" or not. The President was not to blame for what happened, neither was Rice, and the whole thing happened because it was a chaotic situation.

The Republicans simply want to make a big deal about nothing at all. They can go to hell.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »
I do not give one shit what you think is a" lie" or not. The President was not to blame for what happened, neither was Rice, and the whole thing happened because it was a chaotic situation.

The Republicans simply want to make a big deal about nothing at all. They can go to hell.

You have much faith.

Pardon my scepticism.

I see this as an act of war , inconvienient to a canadate who was trying to whitewash the war as "won".

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 08:52:54 PM »
I don't think anyone in here is blaming Obama directly for what happened in Benghazi. It was how he handled the aftermath from the first bullet fired and the first minute he was made aware of what was going on that has many scratching their heads.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 12:35:47 AM »
Scratch your head all you want. This was simply an unexpected minor disaster, and the main lesson from it for me was to demonstrate what a moronic, petty, bastard Darryl Issa is.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 01:23:26 AM »
Scratch your head all you want. This was simply an unexpected minor disaster, and the main lesson from it for me was to demonstrate what a moronic, petty, bastard Darryl Issa is.

Yes yes of course. Ambassador Stevens' family probably agrees with you.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 02:22:34 AM »
Well it is fairly obvious to all that you are intent in continuing to cover up your original mistake of thing my post was in reply to yours. It wasn't, no matter how much you insist my statement of fact was not an opinion when the second part of my post obviously was.

You admitted you didn't recall reading that part, and every post you have made since shows you didn't.

But just so perhaps this misstep of your can become a learning moment for you

Facts are facts and opi9nions are opinions and yes they can reside in the same post.

Hope this proves helpful to you in the future.

Nice dodge....still your erroneous conclusion, I'm afraid.  Moving on
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 02:23:59 AM »
Whether Susan Rice has the chops for the Security Adviser position i do not know, but it appears that perhaps the promotion is a reward for loyalty rather than merit.

BINGO!!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 02:31:19 AM »

More littering of strawmen, since no one I'm aware of is pushing that line.  Any "blame" is going to lay at the feet of the State Dept, for allowing the situation to deteriorate, when ongoing requests for improved security were being ignored.  Of course the bigger question is WHO told the seal teams and other resources to stand down, as soon as an attack was determined to be occurring??

The Republicans simply want to make a big deal about nothing at all.

No, it wasn't "nothing at all", it was the 1st American ambassador to be murdered, in 30years, on the anniversary of 911 to boot, it was "a definate something".  The "Big deal" came when the timeline of events became clearer, demonstrating how Rice was apparently the fall girl, given talking points completely refuted both prior and after her Sunday morning rounds on the talk shows, so as not to mess up Obama's Campaign drive too much.  And in that case, yea, the GOP DOES want to make a big deal out of it

They can go to hell

One can safely assume that's where most politicians are headed

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 02:46:43 AM »
Nice dodge....still your erroneous conclusion, I'm afraid.  Moving on

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

BSB

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 09:26:22 AM »
"Whether Susan Rice has the chops for the Security Adviser position i do not know, but it appears that perhaps the promotion is a reward for loyalty rather than merit."

I don't know how anyone could call her NSA position a reward. Before Benghazi she was slated to be Secretary of State.

BSB