Author Topic: Is NIMBY a good or bad word to you guys??  (Read 913 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is NIMBY a good or bad word to you guys??
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »
In my town the complainers dont like being called that,because it's extreming noticable of the eyesores are caused by NIMBY's ,very little developement gets fininshed ontime

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/housing/2012/07/george-lucass-lesson-nimbys-careful-what-you-wish/2668/

For folks not familiar

Not-in-my-back-yard

Onlone when i research it most data portray them as hero's though

BSB

Re: Is NIMBY a good or bad word to you guys??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »
I grew up thinking it was anti-progress, but it's obviously more complex than that. It depends on what is doing the gouging, and whose OX is getting gouged?

BSB

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
I just realized I`m one. I will not allow trees plant in front of my house due to the fact by law it becomes my financial responsibility to maintain it and the greater difficulty of removing it legally. my neighborhood is quite treeless. but at less we never had power and water problems compare to other folks. waterpipes and powerline tend to break near trees.

but on the flipside I`m not going to stop buildings or businesses from remodeling or stop any kind of constructions.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »
I grew up thinking it was anti-progress, but it's obviously more complex than that. It depends on what is doing the gouging, and whose OX is getting gouged?

BSB

Very good summation.