Author Topic: Wow..thier sure alot of police shooting  (Read 3266 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wow..thier sure alot of police shooting
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:38:55 AM »
So many I'm not even going to bother to post a link since I'm very confidant you guys see it also in the news.

I'll just say I do not believe it's an increase but simply a greater sensitivity to this particular isssue. Not saying these officers go out of thier ways to shoot these guys but it does seem unwise to do this while this topic is a popular subject in the news.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Wow..thier sure alot of police shooting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 04:05:18 AM »
I agree with you Kimba.....from everything I've read, there's been no "increase" in the numer of police involved shootings.  Just a greater media attention to them
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »
People are getting sick and tired of trigger happy cops. Just like eventually, they grew sick and tired of lynchings.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
NO ONE WANTS A TRIGGER HAPPY COP, much less "sick & tired" of them.  Back in the day of lynching, there were those who supported it.  In particular the mobs behind it.  Not the case here now is it.  So to try and equate the 2 is rather disingenuous
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »
People are getting sick and tired of trigger happy cops. Just like eventually, they grew sick and tired of lynchings.

you'd think the dumb-asses that keep running from or not cooperating with cops would get the message.
hello?
bad things "can" happen if you act out dumb-ass 101.....like resisting orders or wrestling with a cop
how come in all these "incidents" the dead dumb-ass doesn't have both hands on the steering wheel answering "yes sir"?
this past weekend an officer at a private community told me i drove up up to guard station too fast
i was like "yes Sir you are right, i apologize, it wont happen again Sir".
even if it is an asshole cop...being polite and giving them no excuse is the smartest path.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »
actually we don't know if all of them is resisting arrest. We'll find out with more vids coming in. Remember one recent vid had the officer planting evidence. It's more likely officers mistaking any movement as an attack or an excuse

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 12:36:49 PM »
Running away was at most, dumb. Planting evidence is clearly illegal.

There is more public protest at these shootings now than ever before.

More cops will wear cameras in the future, and gradually the number of these shootings will decrease.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
More protests doesn't mean more shootings.  Its simply more media attention, as Kimba rightly pointed out.  Shootings will decrease when suspects stop doing dumb things and follow officers' instructions.  They have no right to ignore a police officer's instructions.  Sure, you can B-M-W all you want, but that sure won't make the situation any less stressful.  Quite the opposite in fact.

Which is to point out, these situations aren't being facilitated by those supposed trigger happy racist cops.  They're facilitated by suspects pulled over, who then decide they no longer have to abide by the officer's instructions, and start escalating the situation.  And THAT's when tragic accidents occur

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 12:59:19 PM »
....and before Professor Deflection attempts that I'm implying that ignoring officer's instructions justifies them being shot and killed, NO, that's NOT what I claimed, or even implied.  I clearly said it raises the stress level, and makes the situation far more problematic, which can then potentially lead to tragic accidents, such as shootings, when said suspects begin running or resisting arrest

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 01:32:07 PM »
More protests doesn't mean more shootings.  Its simply more media attention

Sirs between 2003 to 2009, the Justice Department found that 4,813 people died
while a member of law enforcement was trying to arrest or restrain them, or shortly thereafter.

That's .005 percent of all arrests.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2015/04/13/399314868/some-key-facts-weve-learned-about-police-shootings-over-the-past-year

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
But....but.... we must believe that they are at epidemic levels, C.....much like school shootings.  Damn any facts to the contrary

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
Personally i believe it goes both ways. We should be compliant to officers but they in turn should be respectful to people also. Police use to killed vietnamese around the san jose area and for some crazy reason thst group of people avoided the police. It took some great effort for the police to gain trust from the vietnamese community.

What I'm saying is just only be ing compliant to police will definately not make them more amiable to the community. To always fear the police will snuff you is hardly an answer

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »
What I'm saying is just only be ing compliant to police will definately not make them more amiable to the community.

While that's accurate to a degree, the worst case scenario there is a rude/beligerent cop will just remain rude/beligerent.  In other words, the situation won't escalate, beyond that baseline rudeness.  Police SHOULD be more respectful to those they serve, especially to those that they pull over.  And from some videos, I've noticed the patience of a saint, in some officers, as they're being fed viscious slur after viscious slur, during some traffic stop.  Both black and white officers

What I'm saying is that things will escalate in a far more potentially worse way if the person pulled over or stopped, for whatever reason, decides they have some unquestioned right to not comply with an officer's instructions.  As in, its not an officer that generates the increasing potential in use of lethal force.  It's the civilian.....in whatever race he happens to be, that does

To always fear the police will snuff you is hardly an answer

And no one should have that fear....not to mention, its an irrational fear.  I've been stopped on occasion, and even having my CCW on me, I was respectful, compliant, and had no thought what-so-ever that the police were "preparing to gun me down"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:07:03 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 06:34:38 PM »
The latest events have served to remind  bad cops that if they screw up, they will be, at the very least, unemployed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:49:36 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »