Author Topic: Will there be an American Insurgency?  (Read 1891 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Will there be an American Insurgency?
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
Will there be an American Insurgency?

by Stan Moore

It is very possible that a motive in sending the U.S. Army to Iraq and keeping it there for a few years is to provide a sort of training exercise in urban warfare and control of civilian society ? for eventual use in American herself. This may sound extreme, but more and more economists are predicting an ultimate, and total collapse of the world economy, including the U.S. economy. If and when the financial systems of the nation fail, anarchy will no doubt arise. When banks fail, and when energy is unaffordable, and electricity is unreliable, and food is in short supply; when water is hard to get because it is pumped by electricity, and when freezers no longer store food because of the same problem, and sewage backs up in the cities and the summer heat drives people mad, and when they realize that their government knew this was going to happen and failed to take the proper steps, things may get nasty in ways that make the Fallujah situation look pleasant.

The Patriot Act will then kick in big time. The Armed Forces will be called to protect the elite from the unwashed masses. The American Insurgency may begin.

Will American soldiers who served in Iraq and Afghanistan and who figured out that they were sent in for oil and Empire be able to turn their weapons on their own brothers and sisters and cousins and friends?

Will the general officers and colonels and majors allow themselves to be unleashed against their own nation? Or will they do like the Iraqi senior military and become insurgents against Empire?

The predictable collapse of the society we grew up in will be an unpleasant experience in the extreme. The millions of firearms in America will likely be brought into use, one way or another. A lot of people will die. And a lot of people will kill.

Hard times, they are a coming to America. There will be no Chinese or Russian invasion. The problems and the violence will be internal. When the American citizenry understands that it was the Final Victim of the Empire that saved them for last, the animosity will be extreme.

I don't think that Rumsfeld will ever have a statue of himself on Capitol Hill. Dick Cheney will never have a monument built for himself a la Lincoln or Washington. George W. Bush will not have a cozy retirement. The feces are headed towards the fan, and the results will not be pleasant.

Too bad Hunter Thompson will not be with us to document the forthcoming madness. But it may be even more extreme and more violent that he could handle! But maybe Rolling Stone will find a way to document it adequately in a summary series starting in 2012.

http://world.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/15486
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Will there be an American Insurgency?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:49:26 PM »
Stan is so cheerfull , he must be a Democrat.

If my savings were lost , I would have to change my retirement plans .

So?

My Grandfather DW never retired at all , in his time retirement was not something everyone did.

So the bank goes bust and the government can't keep its promises and I have to eat simply , perhaps even move into more modest digs. In this circumstance what will make me want to shoot my neighbors? Why would shooting them help?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:11:20 PM »
In this circumstance what will make me want to shoot my neighbors? Why would shooting them help?

I doubt it will be neighbors, but it could be about 1000 times worse than this with no end in sight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1byUvGy1f4

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
<<In this circumstance what will make me want to shoot my neighbors? Why would shooting them help?>>

I think Stan was envisaging a scenario where you want to shoot the guys responsible for the debacle, the politicians who planned the war, who dismantled social security, who looked the other way while the banks robbed you.  In any societal collapse, there is class warfare.  The upper class can't defend itself, so it hires working-class muscle.  In Stan's scenario, you go gunning for the guys who made the mess, they hire your neighbour to defend them, and then you've got to shoot down your neighbour to get past him to the guys he's protecting from your wrath.  So in real life, get to your neighbour before the Forces of Evil do, and persuade him to join you in killing the bad guys.  Then you won't have to shoot him and he won't have to shoot you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
There are a lot of alternatives to petroleum. They are not developing them yet, because the petroleum companies still have a lot of oil they want to sell us. Besides, as they say, to a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. They are men with hammers and oil is the nail in this case.

No one, not even the oligarchy, wants anarchy, and I seriously doubt that this scenario will occur during my lifetime.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:20:49 PM »
<<In this circumstance what will make me want to shoot my neighbors? Why would shooting them help?>>

I think Stan was envisaging a scenario where you want to shoot the guys responsible for the debacle, the politicians who planned the war, who dismantled social security, who looked the other way while the banks robbed you.  In any societal collapse, there is class warfare.  The upper class can't defend itself, so it hires working-class muscle.  In Stan's scenario, you go gunning for the guys who made the mess, they hire your neighbour to defend them, and then you've got to shoot down your neighbour to get past him to the guys he's protecting from your wrath.  So in real life, get to your neighbour before the Forces of Evil do, and persuade him to join you in killing the bad guys.  Then you won't have to shoot him and he won't have to shoot you.

Do real people think this way?

I have had personal hard times , but I have never yet had a problem that I was not involved in the cause myself.

Most of the people I know have had hard times in one way or another, but what good would a lynching do any of them?  I have read that one of the causes of lynching Black people during the early twentyeth century was economic people would attack Black people that were prosperous , as if they had taken better than their share,I hope that attitude has become rare .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 05:26:38 PM »
Well, plane, Revolutions happen.  Even in America they can happen.  But first, as Lenin says, "Things have to get worse before they can get better."  I don't see any Revolution if things stay pretty much as they are.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
x in a recent meeting with my investment banker he looked me straight in the eye and said the situation with the sub-prime lending is much much worse than most of the public realizes. he said if we don't watch it we could be in for a serious situation. he said off the record  "I advise you to buy gold, gold coins, silver coins, ect...it could get really bad".

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
plane do you realize what kind of chaos would happen if the banking
system collapsed and/or power went out in most american cities? it would
become survival of the fittest alot sooner than you think. you seem
very naive about what the consequences would be. Although I hope
we are still several years away from something like that happening.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »
<<in a recent meeting with my investment banker he looked me straight in the eye and said the situation with the sub-prime lending is much much worse than most of the public realizes.>>

I had the same conversation about two months ago with a friend who used to own a savings and loan company (we call them trust companies) minus the "buy gold" recommendation.  His advice was sell everything, rent an apartment and hang onto the cash, reinvesting in short-term GIC's and CD's.   But fuck that, we love our home.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 05:44:39 PM »
michael, yeah I can't see selling the house, yet
plus houses are not selling
i think i am going to buy some kind of freeze dried food
i have a close associate that has a country retreat
if things went over the cliff i just hope i could make it to his place
he has everything you need. food, water, machine guns/ammo, wood burning stoves, very rural
if the power grid ever goes caput for long we are pretty much doomed to urban warfare
and it would make travel extremely dangerous (plus there would be no gas)
hopefully it won't come to that any time soon

« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:09:45 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 06:32:45 PM »
Those are kind of doomsday scenarios, good for the movies and a little Rambo fantasizing but the chance of it happening in my lifetime is close to nil.  Still we'd really be fucked if it did because this is a cold climate.  Niagara Falls is less than a 90-minute drive from my home, but you know the power failed one summer about seven or eight years ago and we were without power almost three whole days.    Fortunately including a weekend.  Threw out a fridge and freezer full of food.  Summer homes around here are located about a two to three hour drive north, and the so-called "snow line" is only about 60 km. from home.  Better like winter sports (I hate 'em!) if you want to survive doomsday up here.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 06:46:13 PM »
Summer homes around here are located about a two to three hour drive north, and the so-called "snow line" is only about 60 km. from home.  Better like winter sports (I hate 'em!) if you want to survive doomsday up here.

And I live further north than you. ;-)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 07:14:08 PM »
Social Security is already a goner and it is not because anyone wants it to be so but because it is no longer running at a surplus ,even with nearly full employment, so what would happen to SS the year that we have more than 10% unemployment? That could be this year , or next , and Social Security will require considerable reduction.

There will be no use in shooting up the Congress even though they have been at fault for three generations spending the surplus that the SS generated while we baby boomers were working.

I can see myself actiong violently , but not to no purpose , I would have to have a seriously good reason , not just someone shouting and accuseing.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 01:24:25 PM »
<<And I live further north than you. ;-)>>

You have my condolences.  Hope you like winter sports.