Author Topic: Clinton campaign says Obama is guity of plagiarism  (Read 1246 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Clinton campaign says Obama is guity of plagiarism
« on: February 18, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
WAR OVER WORDS: CLINTON TEAM ACCUSES OBAMA OF "PLAGIARISM"

"Senator Obama Lifted Rhetoric": In conference call on Monday, Hillary aide Howard Wolfson hits Obama for using Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick's words 'without attribution'...

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass):...When Sen. Obama uses [those words] and doesn't credit their origin, those same words seem less inspiring'...

Obama: 'I'm sure I should have' given credit to Patrick; 'Sen. Clinton has used words of mine as well'... Developing...

Adviser: Obama and Patrick 'share thoughts on ideas and language'; Clinton's campaign 'grasping at straws'...

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/02/18/clinton_camp_charges_obama_wit_1.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:41:36 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Clinton campaign says Obama is guity of plagiarism
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »
I see Hillary is working on softening her image again.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
BT they are in a difficult position
because they are losing they are going to have to "come after" Obama
but if they do they risk splitting the party
if they turn up the heat
it could backfire
and if Hillary does things like changing the rules midgame and seats the florida delegates
and hillary wins that way
blacks could stay home on election day
blacks are already predisposed to think they get screwed on everything
so anything unusual that hands hillary the nomination
will explode into black anger
oprah will go on a rampage

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »
Both campaigns are headed for trouble. Hillary if she goes negative could tear the party apart. She could do the same with the FLA and MI decisions

Obama is going to get more scrutiny as he gets closer to the convention. I tis true he has been treated with kid gloves by the press. He has serious appearance problems with his relationship to Rezko and the Illinois party machine.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »
I fail to see why the Florida and Michigan primaries should not count. I don't see why NH should always get to be first, anyway.

I would be glad to vote again for either Hillary or Obama, but I am pretty sure that I will not be given a chance.

The FL primary was moved up because of the REPUBLICAN state legislature, anyway. They did this deliberately to screw over the Democrats, I suppose to punish us for voting for Gore in 2000.

I was a poll worker in that primary. It was fair, it was sincere, there were no tricks, and the votes should be counted, period.

This whole thing will be resolved at the Convention, anyway.

Plagiarism is irrelevent in politics.  A good idea should never be ignored just because someone else came up with it first.

What makes me suspicious about Obama is why are so many people giving him money? What will they expect of him?
Are they Republicans counting on racism putting McCain in office?

-------------------
He has serious appearance problems with his relationship to Rezko and the Illinois party machine.

The Rezko issue is totally without merit to me. I have read all about it, and he did nothing even slightly wrong. I don't think the Illinois party machine is relevent to Obama as a president, either.

The issues are these and these alone: (a) Can Obama win the election against McCain with a better chance of victory than Hillary?, and (b) Does he have what it takes to be a good president?

All the rest is unimportant nonsense,and deserves to be ignored, totally.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:02:16 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »

The Clinton's hoped it would keep him from the nomination.

That backfired bigtime.

The Florida issue was created by the DNC and you are correct they should fix the mess they made. Unfortunately for them, Americans frown on rule changes mid game.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »
X says the florida issue was caused by the florida republican legislature

BT says the Florida issue was created by the DNC

whose right?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »
The DNC decided first that no state could hold their primary before NH. If a state did this, then the votes would not count. The Republican Party decided that the state would have only half as many votes.
Then the Florida State legislature, in full knowledge of this, voted to hold the primary before the NH primary. The NH legislature has decreed that NH will always be first.

So you can take your pick.
The Democrats in the FL legislature also voted to hold the primaries early, with only one or two votes in dissent.

This will be decided by the rules committee at each convention, they say.

I don't see why NH must be first. I think it would be just fine if we had a national primary, ort perhaps several regional ones. I don't see why a teensy state like NH should have more influence than the larger states, like CA, NY, TX or FL in deciding the nominee.

I am for people's votes being counted. I think this is more democratic than them not being counted, and I don;t se how anyone can claim otherwise.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
the entire process is flawed

there should be a national primary day

a few small unpopulated states should not decide our fate

basically that is what is happening

Iowa / New Hampshire had a huge impact and have almost no population

while populated states like Ohio, Texas, Pennsylvania and many other states will basically have no say in who the Republican nominee will be

thats a damn shame and it is flat wrong

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »
I fail to see why the Florida and Michigan primaries should not count. I don't see why NH should always get to be first, anyway.

I would be glad to vote again for either Hillary or Obama, but I am pretty sure that I will not be given a chance.

The FL primary was moved up because of the REPUBLICAN state legislature, anyway. They did this deliberately to screw over the Democrats, I suppose to punish us for voting for Gore in 2000.

I was a poll worker in that primary. It was fair, it was sincere, there were no tricks, and the votes should be counted, period.

This whole thing will be resolved at the Convention, anyway.

Plagiarism is irrelevant in politics.  A good idea should never be ignored just because someone else came up with it first.

What makes me suspicious about Obama is why are so many people giving him money? What will they expect of him?

-------------------
He has serious appearance problems with his relationship to Rezko and the Illinois party machine.

The Rezko issue is totally without merit to me. I have read all about it, and he did nothing even slightly wrong. I don't think the Illinois party machine is relevent to Obama as a president, either.

The issues are these and these alone: (a) Can Obama win the election against McCain with a better chance of victory than Hillary?, and (b) Does he have what it takes to be a good president?

All the rest is unimportant nonsense,and deserves to be ignored, totally.

Perhaps remarkedly, I concur XO here. Plus, even on the plagiarism issue: the average guy doesn't care. Heck, I don't care. It is obvious and dirty. Is this the best the Hillary camp can come out with?
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D