Author Topic: Merry Christmas in Iraq  (Read 2435 times)

domer

Merry Christmas in Iraq
« on: December 24, 2006, 05:06:08 PM »
The blessed holiday of hope and new beginnings is upon us. What meaning does this have for the "grave and deteriorating" situation in Iraq where our brave soldiers man their posts? Let us hope, for Christians and non-Christians alike, that the spirit of the Christ child's promise will bless the decision-makers and all others involved in this tragic encounter.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Merry Christmas in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:50:36 PM »
Bravery will not save them.

Juniorbush and Cheney should resign immediately.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

domer

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 05:53:12 PM »
Allowing myself my one Christmas Eve indulgence of the dark side, I note: you're a cynical prick, XO.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 09:17:10 PM »
I repeat: no amount of bravery will win this godawful mess.

No one has ever f*cked up things this bad for my country: it is time to run the bastards out. Strip Dickhead Cheney and Juniorbush smear honey all over their pasty bods and stake the sumbitches out on a large hill of fire ants. They deserve worse, but it could be televised.

You have to know that this is true.

yellow_crane

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 09:37:06 PM »

When the five Joint Chiefs came out in unison, one can infer that such a dramatic display by them means alarm at the potential peril--not of a battle in a city or a sector, but of the army being "broke," as the pundits referred to it. 

You hear military experts explain on the news interview programs that we do not have reserves to send, and the festering problem of such unheard of extensions of service, recycling already taxed troops, is bound to get worse, without relief.  Yet the White House asserts numbers and a relaxed attitude that contradict that.

As this stuff goes on and on, I think of various times that our Democratic representatives might have made things more conducive to edifying the populace that those things were going on at the pentagon and in the field.  They should have screamed on the street corners, if they were denied the chamber. 

Americans loved the Jimmy Stewart movie, where he hangs in and hangs in, filibustering while the floors were being mopped.   In turn, they expect their representative to be just like that.
But the people don't have the suggestion box anymore.  Now business has it.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 12:21:24 AM »
The people have to scream on the street corners now.     We did it before, we can do it again.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:21:57 AM »
Allowing myself my one Christmas Eve indulgence of the dark side, I note: you're a cynical prick, XO.

==================================================================
 ;D And a Merry, Merry Christmas to you, counselor  ;D

I simply stated what should be as obvious to all as a head of flaming hair: NO AMOUNT OF BRAVERY will save this godawful mess. Not even the bravery of your beloved friends. The enterprise was devised by cynics more cynical than I, who would willingly trade the lives of your brave buddies for fuel they can sell to you for $4.00 a gallon. They will fight for profits to the man, provided that said man is not one of their fellow Bonesmen.

If democracy comes to Iraq, it will be an Iraqi democracy, and Iraqis will deserve credit for it.
Corrupting it, however, in the somewhat unlikely scenario that it should come to exist, will be a chore for the heirs of James Baker and other whores of the 'awl bidness'.

Pricking the bubble of your delusions was an unpleasant task, but someone has to do it.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »
The people have to scream on the street corners now.     We did it before, we can do it again.

Who are you going to scream at? Your congress?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 12:13:15 AM »
Scream at whoever will listen.  If the newly elected ones don't listen, make it very uncomfortable for them.  No donations, no netroots, a drought at the fundraising lunches.  They must WORK for us and first thing is to get our troops home.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 12:49:43 AM »
I really do not think that screaming for peace produces peace.

I don't even thing that unilaterally disarming produces peace.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 08:43:50 AM »
I really do not think that screaming for peace produces peace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Au contraire, it is the ONLY thing that will bring peace. These retards are planning on staying in Iraq, sending our troops to be killed and maimed for a long, long, LONG time. Exxon wants that oil. And no, you can't buy it cheap. Exxon is no friend of yours.

The power of screaming: observe how the US Army is no longer in Vietnam.

They would be there yet, if not for the screaming. Screaming was invented for idiot leaders with moronic policies.

=============================================

I don't even thing that unilaterally disarming produces peace.

-------------------------------------
'Thing' again.

Costa Rica abolished its army in 1948. How many wars has Costa Rica been obliged to fight?

No one is suggesting that the US disarm. But if we have a bigger army, we will eventually have a bigger war.

Juniorbush will not talk with the Syrians or the Iranians because he doesn't think he has to. He thinks he has a saber to rattle.
If he had no saber, he would talk. Morons like Juniorbush should not be given bigger sabers.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »

A good point, but since there isn't (at least not yet) a draft, I expect the amount of old-fashioned screaming will be limited.

My expectations are that the Democrats will dawdle and do little, if anything, about the war for around a year, and then with elections approaching and the war becoming ever more unpopular, they'll eventually get around to pulling the plug on it.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke