Author Topic: Better Than I Ever Hoped  (Read 5179 times)

richpo64

Re: Better Than I Ever Hoped
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
>>McCain is somehow needed as a financial expert?<<

Is that what you think? I'll try and help you out here. McCain is a US Senator. He will be required to vote on this pending bailout. That's why he's going to go back to Congress and help work out a plan that is best for America.

I hope that helps.

Knutey

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »
McCain is doing the right thing for America, and all these leftists can do is play politics and throw around insults.

McCain is somehow needed as a financial expert?

The country needs him to turn tail and flee from the debate he agreed to?

He is the one playing politics here.

This McSameasbush stunt is worse than Big O standing behind the Presidential Seal . McCain is the real preposterous presumer.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
<<I'll try and help you out here. McCain is a US Senator. He will be required to vote on this pending bailout. That's why he's going to go back to Congress and help work out a plan that is best for America.>>

Lame, Rich, very lame.  Insane and Obama are the only two U.S. Senators running for President.  Insane in particular has already confessed to a very limited understanding of economics.  He was never prominently involved in any Senate economic legislation.  To claim that HIS input is now so desperately needed in Washington on this issue that he has to back out of a scheduled Presidential candidates' debate on U.S. foreign policy is, simply, unbelievable.

richpo64

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »
Speaking of lame.

::)

Knutey

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 06:39:17 PM »
<<I'll try and help you out here. McCain is a US Senator. He will be required to vote on this pending bailout. That's why he's going to go back to Congress and help work out a plan that is best for America.>>

Lame, Rich, very lame.  Insane and Obama are the only two U.S. Senators running for President.  Insane in particular has already confessed to a very limited understanding of economics.  He was never prominently involved in any Senate economic legislation.  To claim that HIS input is now so desperately needed in Washington on this issue that he has to back out of a scheduled Presidential candidates' debate on U.S. foreign policy is, simply, unbelievable.

What it really shows is that McCain IS truly out of touch with the economy just as bad as Palin is out of touch with anything. It shows he needs to go back to DC to be "brought up to speed". Obama is already up to speed.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 06:50:36 PM »
<<Speaking of lame.>>

Yes, Rich, I WAS speaking of lame.  Saying that your explanation of why Insane has to return to Washington immediately to work on a bail-out solution, given his (self-admittedly)  meagre economic understanding, his lack of any major economic function in the Senate to date, and his responsibilities as a candidate for the Presidency of the U.S.A., was an incredibly LAME explanation.

Were you also speaking of lame?  Funny, I don't recall that.  In what connection?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »
If all McCain needs to do is to vote on the bill, then McCain and Obama can jet back to DC. vote on the bill, and maybe hold the debate there.

No postponement is necessary
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »
>>Saying that your explanation of why Insane has to return to Washington immediately to work on a bail-out solution, given his (self-admittedly)  meagre economic understanding...<<

Right. A senior Senator should just sit this one out because some Canadian doesn't think he knows enough about the subject.

Country First.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 11:15:44 PM »
<<This from the folks who pissed and moaned that Bush didn't get to Louisiana soon enough.>>

The difference, obviously, is that Bush was elected to the office of President of the United States of America and had the Constitutional responsibility for dealing with the problems of the nation. 

NOBODY elected either Obama or Insane to deal with the problem of the economy.  Presumably the Constitutional government is still in place and still functioning, isn't it?

Three of our Presidential canadates are Senators and one is a Govenor.

Yes they were elected to work on the problems of the nation and their constituants , should they really be free of these dutys for the duration for the campaign no matter what is going on?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »
<<Yes they were elected to work on the problems of the nation and their constituants , should they really be free of these dutys for the duration for the campaign no matter what is going on?>>

Give Biden the week off.  Seriously, neither Obama nor McCain were ever prominent in formulating the economic legislation of the Senate.  Others are much more qualified than they to work on these things, usually the legislation comes out of Committees which Obama and McCain aren't members of.  So practically speaking there isn't a hell of a lot for them to do.

OTOH, the country is going to be going to the polls shortly.  If you think it's important for the voters to be able to make an informed choice, then as candidates they have an obligation to put their views forward to the voters any way they can, and give the voters some kind of idea as to their character and capabilty.  Traditionally, the debates have played a big role in the process.

Given the relative importance of the election and the principle of democracy, I think it's much more important that for the sake of providing the voters with an opportunity to make an informed choice, that the other 98 Senators make do with the absence of two of their number, particularly these two, who don't have a hell of a lot of economic expertise to offer anyway.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 11:35:24 PM »
<<Yes they were elected to work on the problems of the nation and their constituants , should they really be free of these dutys for the duration for the campaign no matter what is going on?>>

Give Biden the week off.  Seriously, neither Obama nor McCain were ever prominent in formulating the economic legislation of the Senate.  Others are much more qualified than they to work on these things, usually the legislation comes out of Committees which Obama and McCain aren't members of.  So practically speaking there isn't a hell of a lot for them to do.

OTOH, the country is going to be going to the polls shortly.  If you think it's important for the voters to be able to make an informed choice, then as candidates they have an obligation to put their views forward to the voters any way they can, and give the voters some kind of idea as to their character and capabilty.  Traditionally, the debates have played a big role in the process.

Given the relative importance of the election and the principle of democracy, I think it's much more important that for the sake of providing the voters with an opportunity to make an informed choice, that the other 98 Senators make do with the absence of two of their number, particularly these two, who don't have a hell of a lot of economic expertise to offer anyway.

You are actually confident that BHO would have no insight or ideas worthy of contributeing to the bill?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 11:40:03 PM »

<<You are actually confident that BHO would have no insight or ideas worthy of contributeing to the bill?>>

Oh, sure, because I know he can multi-task - - participate in the debates AND add his two cents' worth to the bill. 

It's McCain that I believe has nothing positive to contribute.  He'd probably still want to get some protection in there for his fat-cat pals, so it's probably just as well that he CAN'T multi-task.  The debates will keep him from any further mischief in Washington.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 11:55:05 PM »

<<You are actually confident that BHO would have no insight or ideas worthy of contributeing to the bill?>>

Oh, sure, because I know he can multi-task - - participate in the debates AND add his two cents' worth to the bill. 

It's McCain that I believe has nothing positive to contribute.  He'd probably still want to get some protection in there for his fat-cat pals, so it's probably just as well that he CAN'T multi-task.  The debates will keep him from any further mischief in Washington.

Your jab at fat cats is spurious .

But muilti tasking as mildly as this probly is a good point for BHO to make , and McCain probly does know that the campaign continues no matter what he is doing.

But if BHO is absent from an important vote , or two , so that he can keep a ribbon cutting appointment , ....

McCain will be back in the campaign with a new load of ammunition.

BHO already has a record of voteing "present" a lot , is this to preserve his political standing by not entangleing his blank screen with a history of standing up to be counted ? The time is past when he can get away with this , the bailout is lible to be the most important legislative event this year , and if it is bungled (quite likely ) it will be the biggest legislative event of the decade.

As a Senator , he can't escape his responsibility by voteng "present " certainly not by voteing "absent".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 11:59:17 PM »
Perhaps you are unaware of how they vote in the Congress. A senator who wants to vote FOR an item, but cannot appear to vote, calls another senator who will vote AGAINST, and they both agree that neither of them will vote. The net result is that the vote will be the same as it would have been had both been present to vote.

In any event, it would be entirely possible for both McCain and Obama to vote and still attend the debate.

This is just another McCain stunt.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 12:11:48 AM »
<<Your jab at fat cats is spurious .>>

Oh no it's not, you just wish it were.

<<But muilti tasking as mildly as this probly is a good point for BHO to make , and McCain probly does know that the campaign continues no matter what he is doing.>>

I'm not getting your point and in fact I'm not even sure I know what this means.

<<But if BHO is absent from an important vote , or two , so that he can keep a ribbon cutting appointment >>

That's ridiculous, but I see that XO has already answered it.  Perfectly.

<<McCain will be back in the campaign with a new load of ammunition.>>

All of McCain's ammunition so far has been blanks, so I don't see why this would be any different.  If I were McCain, I'd be a lot more concerned about ducking the other guy's ammo than about shooting off any at him.

<<BHO already has a record of voteing "present" a lot  . . .>>

Is that why he's nine points ahead in the polls?

<< is this to preserve his political standing by not entangleing his blank screen with a history of standing up to be counted ? >>

I dunno.  I thought maybe it's because he WAS present.   

<<The time is past when he can get away with this , the bailout is lible to be the most important legislative event this year , and if it is bungled (quite likely ) it will be the biggest legislative event of the decade.>>

Obama's a multi-tasker, as I said, and a supremely able analyzer and thinker, with excellent judgment, much better than John ("the fundamentals are strong") McCain's.    I'm not only confident that he'll make the right move, but that he'll do it AND whip McCain's ass if that little weasel ever musters the courage to show up.

<<As a Senator , he can't escape his responsibility by voteng "present " certainly not by voteing "absent".>>

Where was McCain's responsibility as a Senator when he swallowed Bush's lies hook, line and sinker and voted to plunge the nation into a $500 billion disaster?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:16:26 AM by Michael Tee »