Author Topic: Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama  (Read 9053 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Thomas Sowell: Herman Cain More Black Than Barack Obama
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »
<<Do you examine a southerner in the same terms as you would ...a goblin?>>

On the internet nobody knows you're a dog  -  -   or a goblin or a southerner.  I got to know you, plane, over the internet. You're the only southerner I know; haven't met any dogs or goblins yet, far as I know.

At first I didn't know you were a southerner.  I didn't start to "examine" you, but facts about you began to build up.......... 

Wow, what a great post!

I am most of the time unaware that I bear the stains of Faulkner and sometimes I forget that Northerners don't consider General Sherman a monster.

But this is right on topic!

What I have as heritage makes some diffrence to me and a diffrent diffrence to you, I have seldom seen the measure made so well .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2011, 08:36:49 PM »
Sherman was the judgment of God on an immeasurably evil people and their rotten slave-built society. 

"He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword."  Sherman was that sword.  The South reaped what it sowed.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
Sherman was the judgment of God on an immeasurably evil people and their rotten slave-built society. 

Thus Occupy Wall Street or do you think Northern Fortunes were not also built on the backs of slaves?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »
 An evil people?

Were the English , Spanish , Portugese and Arabs less so when they were running slave operations?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2011, 08:12:32 AM »
<<Were the English , Spanish , Portugese and Arabs less so [less evil] when they were running slave operations?>>

They were plenty evil then, but then they saw the error of their ways and voluntarily gave it up.  At least, the English did.  They acted on their conscience.   Don't know about the others, just don't know that it took a war to make them give up slavery.  The South clung to slavery to the bitter end and even AFTER the bitter end they clung to Jim Crow for another hundred years.  Hard to imagine a people more evil than they.  I can still remember the lynching of Emmett Till.  They gouged out his eyes.  A 14-year-old boy.   And got off.  No white jury would convict them.  The whole of white Southern society supported them.  Tell me that's not an evil society.  They were fucking monsters.  And that was a long time AFTER Nathan Bedford Forrest and General Sherman.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2011, 04:15:23 PM »
   Has any non christian society ever stopped trading in slaves?