Author Topic: Sharpton on Daily Show: OWS! has already changed the national conversation  (Read 11244 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharpton on Daily Show: OWS! has already changed the national conversation
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06:51 PM »
Under your analogy we should forgive a cop (and allow him to keep being a cop) that lies on the stand and gets a man wrongly convicted and ultimately executed. Nice!

Whaaaa...?

What analogy?

That makes no sense at all. No one was threatened with a death sentence over Tawana Brawley.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »
That makes no sense at all. No one was threatened with a death sentence over Tawana Brawley.

so

their lives were changed forever. and they did nothing to deserve it other than being white. Has Sharpton apologized yet? As far as I know he wants the US to apologize for slavery so it seems like apologees are important to him.

XO you are pretty narrow-minded.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »
................ Fuck Thomas Sowell.

You can certainly disagree with him , but other than he disagrees with you, do you know anything about Thomas Sowell?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 10:22:01 AM »
<<Under your analogy we should forgive a cop (and allow him to keep being a cop) that lies on the stand and gets a man wrongly convicted and ultimately executed. Nice!>>

Baloney.  My analogy was limited to a cop, acting on misinformation, making a couple of false arrests.  The Rev made some false accusations in good faith, based on what seemed at the time like plausible allegations.  It isn't as if, never before in the history of the USA, have white cops ever raped and beaten black women and lied about it afterwards.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 01:44:42 PM »
My analogy was limited to a cop, acting on misinformation, making a couple of false arrests.  The Rev made some false accusations in good faith, based on what seemed at the time like plausible allegations.  It isn't as if, never before in the history of the USA, have white cops ever raped and beaten black women and lied about it afterwards.

What is strange about this exchange is that you are using a symbol of racism (white cops raping, beating and otherwise keeping the good people down) vs an actual person with a name who has a history of exaggerating prevaricating and otherwise race baiting for the advancement of his own career. And some how you think that makes Sharptons actions OK.

About the only thing correct in your post was the first word.

Baloney.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
I agree that Sharpton was a first-class race baiter at the time of the Brawley affair. But that was a long, long time ago, and Sharpton is no longer what he once was.

I have no idea to whom he owes any apology. He believed Tawana Brawley. So? Who has not believed someone who was an effective liar at some time in their lives?

I see no reason for an apology. I see no reason to dredge up the Tawana Brawley nonsense every time Sharpton makes a statement.It is the same as the morons who brought up Chappaquiddick every time Ted Kennedy said anything about anything. Ignorant people saying stupid sh*t. So what? It is all they ever say. They are stupid, what else could we expect?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:51:01 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »
I agree with XO.  The Rev Al has a very long career, in the course of which a couple of mistakes were made.  Given the long and lamentable history of white racist violence on blacks, including white cops beating, raping and murdering black women, it was understandable that the Rev would fall for a fake story somewhere in his long crusade against racist violence.  It was not his whole story, the story would look better without that mistake in it, but it's a part of the record.

In WWII, the USAAF mistakenly blew away about 700 front-line Canadian combat infantry during the battle for Normandy.  Not the brightest page in the USAAF's history, but should I let that one black page tarnish their name forever?  You gotta look at the whole of their record, the good and the bad, same thing with the Rev. Al.  And don't forget that Tawana Brawley was thirty or forty years ago.  Gimme a break.

BSB

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
Snowblower >> Blah blah blah, you're a bunch of racists, I'm superior. Blah blah.  America sucks, Clinton's a whore, blah blah. My health care is better than yours, I'm smarter then you, blah blah blah. I know, you don't. Blah blah blah. I'm right 99.99% of the time<<

On and on and on, God, what a boring asshole.   

BSB

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
<<You can certainly disagree with him , but other than he disagrees with you, do you know anything about Thomas Sowell?>>

Sure, I know that he's an Uncle Tom.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »
Sure, I know that he's an Uncle Tom, sell out nigger/quote]

There i fixed it for you.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
You fixed nothing for me.  Put words in my mouth that I never used in my whole life.  But if it amuses to to make shit pies out of shit, nothing I can do about it, I guess.  Have fun and enjoy the conversation of yourself with yourself.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »
The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem.

Slurring a black man because he does not behave according to your expectations is based on nothing more than racial stereotypes.

Might as well have called him a house nigger or stepin fetchett.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
<<The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. >>

Yeah, but if the problem is racism, I can see it's quite evident from the prior discussions in this group, not only regarding Sowell and Cain, but also regarding Trent Lott, George Allen and Strom Thurmond, that I have no racism problem whatsoever, but all you guys screaming "racism!" when they hear "Uncle Tom," definitely have a major racism problem that you just won't admit.

<<Slurring a black man because he does not behave according to your expectations is based on nothing more than racial stereotypes. >>

I agree with you.  We have no problem at this point.  Let's look at what part of my posts you have been willfully and consistently missing.

<<Slurring a black man because he serves Whitey by attacking his own people is based on nothing more than racial stereotypes. >>

THAT is the source of all your errors on this subject.  Misrepresentation of my attacks on Uncle Toms based on the motivation falsely attributed to me that they are called out as Uncle Toms "because they do not behave according to my expectations" is a magnificent over-simplification which completely misses the justification for the epithet.

Once you stop grossly misrepresenting my statements and my reasoning, the problem that you have with my alleged "racism" will simply disappear.

<<Might as well have called him a house nigger or stepin fetchett. >>

See what I mean?  Perfect example of your gross misrepresentations of what I have been saying.

Might as well have called him a house nigger or stepin fetchett.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 08:57:57 PM »
Why would you assume that a conservative black mans behavior was motivated by serving Whitey by attacking his own people rather than acting in his own best interest?

You know it is funny. John Kerry is praised for speaking truth to power, attacking his own people so to speak,  yet a Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell or Bill Cosby are derided for doing the same.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 09:46:50 PM »
Why would you assume that a conservative black mans behavior was motivated by serving Whitey by attacking his own people rather than acting in his own best interest?

You know it is funny. John Kerry is praised for speaking truth to power, attacking his own people so to speak,  yet a Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell or Bill Cosby are derided for doing the same.

Herman Cain, Thomas Sowell, Condoleeza Rice & Bill Cosby are all highly educated African Americans and clearly are highly intelligent  -- and clearly think different than other black people. That scares the hell outa people like XO & Mikey.

You could say in a strange way these folks mentioned up above might think too white for their race. This notion makes certain whites feel very uncomfortable. And certain blacks uncomfortable as well.