Author Topic: Sharpton on Daily Show: OWS! has already changed the national conversation  (Read 11245 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharpton on Daily Show: OWS! has already changed the national conversation
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 10:53:02 PM »
<<Why would you assume that a conservative black mans behavior was motivated by serving Whitey by attacking his own people rather than acting in his own best interest? >>

Because it's so obvious.  The black people do NOT live in the "post-racial world" that conservative activists try so hard to sell.  They still face huge problems unaddressed by Whitey and his conservative backers.  The conservatives have an on-going need for reasonably articulate Uncle Toms to back them up, so they don't look so obviously all-white.  That's where a despicable handful of Toms like Sowell and Cain come in - - they find they can make a nice and easy living filling Mr. Charley's need for Toms and do better than they could fighting against racial injustice and maybe risking deadly attacks the way guys like the Reverend Al do every day of their lives.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
Since when did you become the spokesperson for what constitutes blackness?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »
<<Why would you assume that a conservative black mans behavior was motivated by serving Whitey by attacking his own people rather than acting in his own best interest? >>

Because it's so obvious.  The black people do NOT live in the "post-racial world" that conservative activists try so hard to sell.  They still face huge problems unaddressed by Whitey and his conservative backers.  The conservatives have an on-going need for reasonably articulate Uncle Toms to back them up, so they don't look so obviously all-white.  That's where a despicable handful of Toms like Sowell and Cain come in - - they find they can make a nice and easy living filling Mr. Charley's need for Toms and do better than they could fighting against racial injustice and maybe risking deadly attacks the way guys like the Reverend Al do every day of their lives.

In reading between your lines I see a glaring word coming at me called SEGREGATION.

BSB

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »
Are there racists in the United States? Of course. Are there more white racists than black racists? Of course, there are a lot more white people. Are there more white racists on the right side of the political spectrum then the left? Maybe, but that is very difficult to access. Are there more white's who act out in a racists way on the right? That could very well be.  But there's a few things we need to remember here. A) This is a BIG country in terms of the number of people who live here. There are only two nations in the world with a larger population than us. China, and India. China is virtually all of one race. And India has been rift with class prejudices for hundreds of years. Treating the under class in a worse fashion than African Americans have been treated here in a long time. B) We fought a war that may not have started out being fought over human rights but by the end of it many, including Lincoln, felt that human dignity was the leading issue. C) Overt racism, be it economic, or social, or whatever, is all but gone. D) There are those who benefit from prolonging the idea that this society is racists at its core. People like Blower, but actual Americans, unlike the fuckin' dip-shit, unceasingly boring, Canuck. More of those are on the left than the right. The question is how long those people keep it up?

BSB

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »
<<Since when did you become the spokesperson for what constitutes blackness?>>

I'm not a spokesperson for what constitutes blackness and who is blacker than whom, but I sure as hell have my opinions on it and every right to hold them.  This thread began when I quoted an interesting observation that Sharpton had made on The Daily Show about the effect to date that the Occupy Wall Street! people had made.  Nothing in the comment related to the race issue at all - - the same comment could equally well have come from a white, black or Asian person and the issue being commented on was equally race-neutral.

Suddenly the Reverend Al came under attack for his past mistakes in fighting racism and the whole issue of blackness, of Cain v. Obama, Cain v. some unknown white guy, etc., all came up.

I gave, and stand by, my opinion that both Cain and Sowell are Uncle Toms, that Cain is "blacker" than Obama and that Sharpton would not vote for Cain despite their common skin colour.  As to who I am to comment on blackness or black authenticity, I'm an intelligent and educated observer of the U.S. political scene and probably better qualified than most to express my opinions on it.  The idea that only a black can express these opinions is ludicrous.  It's like saying that only a woman can express opinions or make comparisons in femininity, women's wear styles, etc.  It's pure bullshit.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 11:39:06 PM »
There are those who benefit from prolonging the idea that this society is racists at its core. People like Blower, but actual Americans, unlike the fuckin' dip-shit, unceasingly boring, Canuck. More of those are on the left than the right. The question is how long those people keep it up?

My guess is none live on the right and all of them live on the left including but not limited to the guy you voted for, Obama, his preacher, and of course Jesse and Al and just about every Democrat politician because that is how they capture African American voters, or shall I say 96% of them.

Kramer

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 11:57:35 PM »
oh and never forget that the Democrat Party requires it's members to be victims. Without victims the Democrat Party would cease to be viable.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 12:07:01 AM »
I gave, and stand by, my opinion that both Cain and Sowell are Uncle Toms

And i stand by my statement that a white man calling a black man an uncle tom is racist. And the reason is simple: it prejudges suitable behavior for a person of color.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
Since when did you become the spokesperson for what constitutes blackness?

I believe he got his lesson from Professor Xo, him being an apparent authority on Blackness, and all
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
The idea that only a black person can judge blackness is just plain absurd.  I guess if you take it to its logical extreme, only a dog can judge dog shows and only a horse can judge horse shows.

Will you guys please stop with your fucking bullshit and start to talk as if you lived in the real world?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »
The idea that only a black person can judge blackness is just plain absurd.  I guess if you take it to its logical extreme, only a dog can judge dog shows and only a horse can judge horse shows.

When did they become self aware?  I have yet to see one on Jeapordy

Will you guys please stop with your fucking bullshit and start to talk as if you lived in the real world?

Then stop with the racist comments
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »
<<When did they [horses and dogs] become self aware?  I have yet to see one on Jeapordy>>

LOL.  My point wasn't that we need to find dogs to judge dog shows or horses to judge horse shows - - it was that in view of your absurdist logic, humans were unqualified to judge either kind of show.

<<Then stop with the racist comments>>

LMAO.  sirs is like the guy in the Rohrschach ink-blot test, who relates every ink-blot the psychiatrist shows him to sex.  This ink-blot represents two camels fucking, that one is a woman getting fucked doggy style and the next one are three high-school girls showing their tits.  The shrink tells the guy he's obsessed with sex and the guy says to the shrink, "ME obsessed with sex?  Who's the one showing me all those dirty pictures?"

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »
...and Tee's like the Snake Oil Salesman, that insists his potion cures everything.......just trust him, hand over your money, and move along.

And who's the one continuing to make the racist references of uncle toms??  That obsession lies squarely on you (& Xo)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:11 AM »
<<And who's the one continuing to make the racist references of uncle toms??  That obsession lies squarely on you (& Xo)>>

LOL.  Give it up, sirs.  XO can speak for himself, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as you racist conservatives keep trotting out those pathetic disgusting Toms to bolster your pathetic racist rants, I'll keep calling out the Uncle Toms for what they are.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 02:24:57 AM »
By all means, continue to demagogue a person, based on his race, and keep denying its racist.  I'm sure you'd look just peachy in your black hood & ensemble